Expired Hot Deals

Petro Mobility

$20 PAYG Unlimited Text-a-Lot Plan + 200 minutes

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 9th, 2017 11:04 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3447 posts
3471 upvotes
Mordor

$20 PAYG Unlimited Text-a-Lot Plan + 200 minutes

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Petro Mobility
New promotion from Petro Mobility

Limited Time Offer! The TALK-A-LOT plan from Petro-Canada.
What's included?

Only $20 per month.†
•Unlimited Canada wide texting.
•200 Canada wide minutes.
•No contract, National Coverage.
•Runs on the Rogers network.
•Free voicemail
•Free caller ID
•Free unlimited text messages
•Free call waiting
•Canada-Wide Anytime Minutes
•No activation fees
•No sign up fees
•No credit check
•National coverage
•No zone restrictions
•No contract
Mandatory monthly 911 fee: $1.25

Additional and Out of Plan Service Rates

Refer to this thread for more information and discussion....

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/petro-c ... n-1861839/
37 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
12126 posts
3454 upvotes
Nice, wife has been on the text a lot $15 plan since last year... 100 minutes, as opposed to $20. Went to sign someone up earlier, and the deal was much more, will let them know about this one now.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3447 posts
3471 upvotes
Mordor
jackass_ca wrote: Nice, wife has been on the text a lot $15 plan since last year... 100 minutes, as opposed to $20. Went to sign someone up earlier, and the deal was much more, will let them know about this one now.
my wife is on the 15 plan too...solid service....
i don't really like the service fee though...but the overall cost and plan coverage serves her usage perfectly....
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 6, 2005
12126 posts
3454 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: my wife is on the 15 plan too...solid service....
i don't really like the service fee though...but the overall cost and plan coverage serves her usage perfectly....
I can't explain it and I am not going to complain but have not been charged the 911 fee yet... total of the monthly bill is $16.95, with HST. People in the last thread didn't believe me, but the bill has always been that...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3447 posts
3471 upvotes
Mordor
jackass_ca wrote: I can't explain it and I am not going to complain but have not been charged the 911 fee yet... total of the monthly bill is $16.95, with HST. People in the last thread didn't believe me, but the bill has always been that...
then you remind me of this guy...
Image
....because you managed to stay under the radar
Last edited by ShadowMordor on Jan 10th, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Oct 29, 2016
312 posts
137 upvotes
nice find. i'm trying to get the most minutes on a plan without data for sub-$30.
I'm lucky to have 2 Fido lines with unlimited talk for $21.50, but I can't get another one of those unfortunately.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2014
777 posts
835 upvotes
Toronto
Could've just got Fido's $25 unlimited Canada-wide calling & international text, but too late now.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 25, 2011
3101 posts
12756 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
if anyone is interested to have the UNLIMITED 6 PM Canada-Wide, with sears connect/cityfone you can get 150mns/unlimited text and UNLIMITED 6 PM for 22.5$ BYOD.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 31, 2010
902 posts
417 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Im sorry, and I dont mean to be rude, but how do you live with no data?
Even if you have wi-fi at your work and home...?
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
Member
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
416 posts
111 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote: Im sorry, and I dont mean to be rude, but how do you live with no data?
Even if you have wi-fi at your work and home...?
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
I have a dual SIM phone. $15 for 100 mins and unlimited texting from Petro on one SIM, 3GB LTE data from Fido on another.

Aside from wind or similar carriers, I don't think you can find anything comparable for 30+tax a month.
Sr. Member
Feb 18, 2014
677 posts
1397 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote: Im sorry, and I dont mean to be rude, but how do you live with no data?
Even if you have wi-fi at your work and home...?
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
Depends on your life stye... Almost anywhere indoors has wi-fi. If I'm outside I'm either driving or busy doing an outdoor activity etc. Podcasts/music I preload onto my phone. Data is definitely more convenient but I do not need to be connected to social media 24/7 so it's not worth the cost for me.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2016
245 posts
399 upvotes
abbotsford
ZeroToHero wrote: Im sorry, and I dont mean to be rude, but how do you live with no data?
Even if you have wi-fi at your work and home...?
Even a minimal amount of like 200 mb i feel is necessary... otherwise, and im assuming most people would have a smartphone at this point, why get a smartphone...?
It's not rude, it's just a bit of a stupid question. Why? Because all it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why. I get that you don't intend to be rude, and just want to ask a question, but it comes off as inconsiderate when one could figure out the answer just by putting themselves in different shoes.

Here, i'll show you how silly your post seems. You assume correctly when you say most have a smart phone, and you acknowledge that home and work usually have WiFi: yet you still ask, for those who don't have data, "why get a smartphone"... You answered one of the biggest reasons yourself: there's still Wifi.

Other than that, as the other users have said: people have a life. We don't need to be checking email and media constantly, especially when it can just wait for home. Music can be stored, rather than streamed. Google maps instructions, after loading with Wifi, can continue to function once connection is lost. Not to mention almost every 5 minutes there's a place offering Wifi.
Sr. Member
Feb 29, 2016
547 posts
432 upvotes
Ottawa
gyggyg wrote: It's not rude, it's just a bit of a stupid question. Why? Because all it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why.
Ummm, no. There are PLENTY of times when it's critical to have data and you're not at the mall - some people don't call that "having a life"....shocking, I know. Do you really think social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? All it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why you're being a dink.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
9199 posts
2847 upvotes
London
RetiredRFDer wrote: Ummm, no. There are PLENTY of times when it's critical to have data and you're not at the mall - some people don't call that "having a life"....shocking, I know. Do you really think social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? All it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why you're being a dink.
Lol, if it's "critical" then a phone call or text would probably be an adequate replacement.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2016
245 posts
399 upvotes
abbotsford
RetiredRFDer wrote: Ummm, no. There are PLENTY of times when it's critical to have data and you're not at the mall - some people don't call that "having a life"....shocking, I know. Do you really think social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? All it takes is a few minutes of thought to figure out the reasons why you're being a dink.
Okay, so why don't you cite those "critical" times?

When did I say social media is the main reason why everyone has a smartphone? I certainly don't believe so, and I thought my original post would have indicated why.

There's certainly no need to insult. My point, in regards to "few minutes of thought", is that the answers he needed were not something completely necessitating the "empirical pursuit" of seeking them from other people. Philosophizing for just one minute would have given him the answer.
Jr. Member
Jun 22, 2016
115 posts
42 upvotes
My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and has a 64$ balance on his phone with petro Canada mobility.

Is there anything to do apart from let it expire?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3334 posts
1122 upvotes
I currently have the $15 plan. How can I switch to this $20 plan? I need more minutes.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3447 posts
3471 upvotes
Mordor
CouchPotato2 wrote: My grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and has a 64$ balance on his phone with petro Canada mobility.

Is there anything to do apart from let it expire?
so sorry for your lost but i don't believe so.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
3447 posts
3471 upvotes
Mordor
braveblade wrote: I currently have the $15 plan. How can I switch to this $20 plan? I need more minutes.
just call them and ask to switch plans.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)