[OP]
Nov 7, 2016
97 posts
56 upvotes

Octane 94 for price of 87 - hurontario/Burnhamthorpe location

Price:
Retailer:
PetroCanada
Just fueled up at hurontario/Burnhamthorpe. They were out of regular and had 94 at price of regular.
Last edited by Shaner on Feb 16th, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited title
8 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1077 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
Should I hoard several tanks to keep in my basement and garage.?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2007
9083 posts
396 upvotes
Mississauga
Why do people downvote gas deals? BC ya'll are too far to take advantage?
RFD 36-0-0
Ebay 31-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Jun 15, 2018
65 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Just a reminder for y'all that if your car is not designed to use 94 octane, by using it all you are doing is causing more pollution (more unburnt fuel) without any improvement to car performance. With the exception of luxury cars, the mass majority of cars only need regular fuel and derive zero benefit from "premium" fuel.

Check your manual - if your engine is designed for premium fuel, then by all means take advantage of this deal. Otherwise, you're just worsening the environment.

+1 for OP because this is a legit deal for those whose cars can take advantage of it.
Mar 18, 2011
482 posts
131 upvotes
Pickering
Upvoted.

I can't capitalize off this, because it's a bit out of my way and thus not worth the drive, but solid deal ^ like sirjimitron explained for those who regularly use premium.
Apr 3, 2013
895 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
XxXSnake23XxX wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:55 pm
Why do people downvote gas deals? BC ya'll are too far to take advantage?
The downvotes are because this is a location-specific deal. @runbrun11 please put the location in the title.
Proud Fido, Paytm, Public Mobile, and Tangerine client
Thanks RFD 💜
Sep 2, 2013
28 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
sirjimitron wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 7:23 pm
Just a reminder for y'all that if your car is not designed to use 94 octane, by using it all you are doing is causing more pollution (more unburnt fuel) without any improvement to car performance. With the exception of luxury cars, the mass majority of cars only need regular fuel and derive zero benefit from "premium" fuel.

Check your manual - if your engine is designed for premium fuel, then by all means take advantage of this deal. Otherwise, you're just worsening the environment.

+1 for OP because this is a legit deal for those whose cars can take advantage of it.
Just to add on this point with no prior knowledge to this, I drive a Mazda 3 2010 and the engine light came on when I went to Petro and fueled up with their premium 94 on sale (which I find they do this often...) when they had run out of regular gas. I thought it was an issue with something else because I was not questioning the premium fuel that Petro was offering. But then everytime they would offer it whenever they ran out of gas and I would fuel up with 94, my engine line would go back on. So yeah, just save yourself some trouble.
Nov 18, 2014
77 posts
77 upvotes
Calgary, AB
There is a website gasbuddy.ca for this kind of deal. Stop posting these as they are available to like 0.01% of the population of Canada and not even many in whatever city they live in!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4558 posts
528 upvotes
Markham
Injust wrote: The downvotes are because this is a location-specific deal. @runbrun11 please put the location in the title.
All US deals are location specific

But it’s fair put location in the title

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)