• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 1:24 pm
[OP]
Mar 8, 2020
25 posts
109 upvotes

[PetSmart] Wyze cam v3 $40.25.

Bought it online, pick up in store. Got the email it was ready to pick up much faster than staples when I use in store pick up.
Thread Summary
- V3 has amazing night vision for this price point camera and beats out many others that cost more as well.
- V3 Officially supports 32GB MicroSD but people like myself are running this 128GB perfectly fine (Kingston / Sandisk Brands)
- Continious recording 24/7 with Event notifications [5 minute cool down between notifications if you do not have the paid CamPlus Subscription/ CamPlus has no gaps in notifications and no time limit either)
- You can run a cable up to 40feet, no problem, been tested and used by many of us. [Amaozn has plenty]

- MicroSD card continuously locally 24/7 in HD Quality:

16GB = 1-2 Days
32GB = 3-4 Days
64GB = 5-8 Days
128GB = up to 14 days

Some other FAQ:

Q: How long does it record each alert? How much can it record to cloud?

A: 12 seconds for the FREE tier, if you have CamPlus, then it will record full length, some of my events are like 1-2 minuets long on my camera I see. However since I do have a 128GB SD Card [32GB Officially supported], I can review the footage of that entire time frame if needed before during and after the alert.

Q: Can this send activity alert notifications to text or email for example, or just to their phone app? It sounds like there is like 10 sec. delay to receive the notification, and there is a 5-minute cooldown (only one notification every 5 minutes)?

A: No, it does not and will not send activity alerts through text or email, only through app, however you can share it with other family members so everyone can see alerts etc. There is a few second delay, I dont think its 10 seconds, I think its more like 2-5 seconds. As for events, if there are continuous events occurring, you will only get notification once every 5 minutes with the free tier. If you have CamPlus there is no delay/cool down period.

Q: How to mount?

A: You can mount it directly, the camera has a built in screw hole, and a screw is provided, I used that to mount it nicely above my front door, you can also put the screw under your soffit and hook the cam in, as long as the screw is close to surface, it will be nice and tight, won't go anywhere, I got all my cameras mounted like this. If you are at all paranoid about that screw not being enough, you can pickup one of many available mounts on Amazon, that screw into the bottom of the unit [no modifications needed] and may give you a better angle if needed. I like my cameras as close as possible to the wall/ceiling so that is why I never mounted it with a 3rd party mount.

Q: Will it be ok outside with -xx Temps?

A: Yes, this camera is designed for indoor AND outdoor use, up to -20 however based on my own experience, I don't think its going to have any issues with even colder weather as long as its mounted in a dry place and not directly exposed to elements. I have had the V2 mounted under my covered front porch and under soffit above garage for almost 2 years without any issues in South Western Ontario and it didn't skip a beat.

Q:Can you review the recordings through the app?

A: Yes, you can review the recordings through the iOS / Android app from anywhere, as long as the camera has connection to the internet and all without taking out the MicroSD card from the unit. You can also save clips etc right to your phone from the app.

Q: How does Continious recording work?

A: It will overwrite on the oldest content first, it's a loop and thats exactly how loops work, once SD card is full, it starts to write over the oldest content and so forth.

Q: Got multiple Wyze Cam's, whats the best app?

A: Wyze app!, Put them in a group [option available on the first tab, top left where you normally go to "ADD a Device" and you can view all at once instantly [they will all load together immediately and its much better than viewing 1 camera at a time]

Added by @Samshares
207 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2998 posts
5076 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
A whopping $4.50 off.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5152 posts
1629 upvotes
Abbottabad
Do they have instore? Then we can get 25% off with treat trail game.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14137 posts
4752 upvotes
RFD
Who has the better Canadian warranty? Pet smart or home depot? Amazon is out of the question.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5152 posts
1629 upvotes
Abbottabad
Be careful mounting this guys! Thing is 47 pounds!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14137 posts
4752 upvotes
RFD
iamskyhigh wrote: Be careful mounting this guys! Thing is 47 pounds!
Most of the weight comes from the starlight sensor which captures amazing night time footage.
Mar 10, 2021
13 posts
16 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: 10% off 43$
or
the BBuy fake 10 % style. (10% of difference)

10% off the price matched price
Last edited by Heretothere on Sep 5th, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2014
1936 posts
2842 upvotes
Atlantic
Cool feature.....too bad it isn't really true....

24/7 Continuous Recording
Nov 21, 2007
601 posts
75 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote: Do they have instore? Then we can get 25% off with treat trail game.
Mind to elaborate?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2007
1359 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
I had trouble price matching at HD. Store employee insisted that the description is too different. I didn’t bother fighting with them and just bought them at HD. Probably better return policy if anything goes wrong?
Apr 2, 2013
627 posts
639 upvotes
Barrie
Price-beat at Home Depot no problem (Barrie). Got it for $36.44+tax which I certainly can't complain about at all! Thanks OP.
Mar 19, 2016
605 posts
555 upvotes
canada
EasyCompany251 wrote: Cool feature.....too bad it isn't really true....

24/7 Continuous Recording
Sure it is? Put a SD card in if you don't want to pay for a subscription.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1513 posts
1747 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Hot deal OP. I spent much more via Amazon.
Oct 6, 2018
390 posts
572 upvotes
radeonboy wrote: Most of the weight comes from the starlight sensor which captures amazing night time footage.
If their starlight sensor weighs 47lbs, they need to use a different sensor...
Jan 31, 2006
550 posts
47 upvotes
toronto
Navon01 wrote: Mind to elaborate?
If you download the PetSmart app and play their treat trail game, you can potentially get up to 25% off coupon. I think attempts reset once a week and in store only. Some please feel free to correct me on anything.
one often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
14137 posts
4752 upvotes
RFD
Chipppy wrote: If their starlight sensor weighs 47lbs, they need to use a different sensor...
Too bad I couldn't use green font to convey sarcasm.
Jan 12, 2003
732 posts
329 upvotes
One of my v3 caught the dreaded red light issue this morning, didnt realize it was an issue until I started looking.

Stuck with the red light on unresponsive to anything, bricked..out of nothing of my doing, not even 6 months old :(

Le damn.
2003/4 Logitech Cordless Navigator Duo
2007 - Pepsi - Score Every Hour - XBox 360 Arcade
2007 - KFC Chicken Bowls Contest - $5 Gift Card
2008 - Pepsi - "Win The Play" - 2 NFL Hats
2008 - WD - Crack the Code - TShirt
2009 - Wonder Bread Watch