Health & Wellness

Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines Heart Inflammation (Myocarditis)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 11th, 2021 10:45 am
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes

Pfizer, Moderna Vaccines Heart Inflammation (Myocarditis)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get everyone's and expert opinion on this new of heart inflammation or myocardial as a side effect of Pfizer vaccine and have the following questions.
Do we know if:

- This is after the 1st or 2nd dose?
- Is this just impacting 18 to 35 years old age group?
- Which ingredients are most likely the root cause of it?
- Is it just Pfizer or Moderna as well?
- If it's not Moderna then what is the reason?
- How is your experience has been with 1st and 2nd doses of Pfizer or Moderna?

Sometimes it's hard to believe the politicians and experts behind the decision making since after finding out the blood clot as a side effect of AstraZeneca, we were still told it's ok to just take it even though other countries had banned it, until it became bad and finally got paused.

I'm not against vaccines or science, just trying to understand which one is safer to take and what is the root cause of some of these severe side effects.

Thanks in advance for your valuable opinion/input.
25 replies
Dec 25, 2006
604 posts
458 upvotes
Winnipeg
Latest I've seen is out of Israel. Pfizer only. 5 million doses. 275 cases. 16-30 years old, more among 16-19 year old males than any other age group.Here is ctv news article.
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1110 posts
513 upvotes
Torontario
I can say that someone (very close to me) experienced arrhythmia for a few days after 1st dose Pfizer and it was documented.
They are in their 40s.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote:
Did they doctors say that they are recovered now and was it a one time thing or can this issue come back later on?

I can say that someone (very close to me) experienced arrhythmia for a few days after 1st dose Pfizer and it was documented.
They are in their 40s.
Do you think it's Pfizer or any mRNA vaccine ?
Is it's just that Moderna usage and data is lower that's why there are is no news on Moderna?

Or is it that the ingredients in Moderna are different that do not cause heart issues?
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2006
2394 posts
553 upvotes
Ancaster, ON
I have had both my Pfizer doses and I have a congenital heart condition and I was fine. I happened to have cardiology appointments between my first and second doses as I was having irregular heart beat issues with my heart prior to my first dose. My sonogram which happened to be a few days after my first dose was fine no inflammation. My other tests were not great but that is due to my pre-existing condition and not to the vaccine. I had no issue and I already have heart issues, I would say to not worry too much about this.
Like everything there are always a few people that are exceptions, and many more people are getting vaccinated than have taken any other vaccine or medication anywhere in the world so bound to see some things like this pop up, and since they are in young people is this really related to the vaccine or could this have been some undiagnosed pre-exisiting condition now revealimg itself? These are not typically an age group that would have any reason to have cardiac testing. so its plausible they may have had an issue priror to the vaccination and just did not know, this is the age range where some of these pre-existing conditions start to make themselves known.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes
@JACKIE26 thanks for sharing your experience.

I wonder if it's due to some ingredient in Pfizer that is triggering this and if once you have these side effects do they just go away or could come back or become a permanent issue ??

Also, wondering if it's ingredients related, if Moderna has the same triggering ingredients.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13574 posts
2374 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Covid can also cause myocarditis.
De gustibus non est disputandum
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes
@ohnabatko
Is that person ok now and got fully recovered?
Did they say if the arrythmia was temporary, permanent or could come back?

Thanks
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
26937 posts
3662 upvotes
Montreal
This has only been observed with Pfizer, since Israel has not used any Moderna. There is some data from CDC, on this but they are supposed to provide an update soon

Almost all cases are in young men, post second dose. What we don't know is if they had underlying conditions or predispositions. So far most cases seem to resolve without serious complications.

This to looks a lot like a mild case of MIS-C which is a post inflammatory syndrome that affects children 4-6 weeks after covid infection. MIS-c also causes heart inflammation but much more severe leading to low BP and ICU admission.

MIS-c is the number one covid related reason for admission of children to hospital.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes
Do we know if the heart inflammation is due to some ingredients or is it common for all mRNA vaccines?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2007
1110 posts
513 upvotes
Torontario
Keepcalm wrote: @ohnabatko
Is that person ok now and got fully recovered?
Did they say if the arrythmia was temporary, permanent or could come back?

Thanks
Yep - back to normal and it was temporary. In the hospital, they did EKG and was on holter for observation for a few days - then a follow-up.
In this case the arrhythmia continued for ~2-3 days - then no issues....so far
[OP]
Dec 24, 2016
86 posts
27 upvotes
ohnabatko wrote: Yep - back to normal and it was temporary. In the hospital, they did EKG and was on holter for observation for a few days - then a follow-up.
In this case the arrhythmia continued for ~2-3 days - then no issues....so far
Thanks for sharing again.
Still sounds like a scary situation where you do something to prevent something but end up inviting something else in your body.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10933 posts
2064 upvotes
The experts are still learning about the relationship between myocarditis and mRNA vaccines, seems to affect male adolescents and young adults over age 16, happened to people with no underlying conditions. And usually on second doses.

Symptoms: acute chest pain, shortness of breath, palpitations.

Similar to AZ, you really have to put this in perspective and don't pay too much attention to media and social media and causing vaccine hesitancy that will have bigger risk. You have to trust the experts, if there are enough risks that not justify the vaccine, it will be stopped. Decision is based on information available on hand for a novel virus and a novel vaccine for a developing issue. At the end, mRNA and Adenovirus vector vaccines like AZ and JJ will likely be proven to be a very good vaccines.
Keepcalm wrote: Hi Everyone, just wanted to get everyone's and expert opinion on this new of heart inflammation or myocardial as a side effect of Pfizer vaccine and have the following questions.
Do we know if:

- This is after the 1st or 2nd dose?
- Is this just impacting 18 to 35 years old age group?
- Which ingredients are most likely the root cause of it?
- Is it just Pfizer or Moderna as well?
- If it's not Moderna then what is the reason?
- How is your experience has been with 1st and 2nd doses of Pfizer or Moderna?

Sometimes it's hard to believe the politicians and experts behind the decision making since after finding out the blood clot as a side effect of AstraZeneca, we were still told it's ok to just take it even though other countries had banned it, until it became bad and finally got paused.

I'm not against vaccines or science, just trying to understand which one is safer to take and what is the root cause of some of these severe side effects.

Thanks in advance for your valuable opinion/input.
Last edited by 82 on Jun 9th, 2021 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Deal Expert
Feb 29, 2008
26937 posts
3662 upvotes
Montreal
In light of the excellent response of children to the first dose, Israel is exploring the possibility of doing one dose only under 16.
Oct 17, 2004
73 posts
13 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Among all vaccines you've seen blood clots, heart inflammation, menstrual irregularities. I'm no scientist man but seems like all covid vaccines have a negative impact on ones vascular system. For the majority the effect is not noticeable but I wouldn't be keen on taking the vaccine several times a year.
Last edited by sloose on Jun 9th, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2017
831 posts
683 upvotes
sloose wrote: Among all vaccines you've seen blood clots, heart inflammation, menstrual irregularities. I'm no scientist man but seems like all covid vaccines have a negative impact on ones vascular system. I wouldn't be keen on taking this vaccine several times a year.
Still far lower chances of these side effects than long term blot clots, heart inflammation if one gets Covid instead of getting vaccinated.
Jan 20, 2012
843 posts
467 upvotes
Toronto
Keepcalm wrote: Do we know if the heart inflammation is due to some ingredients or is it common for all mRNA vaccines?
Viral infection is leading cause of myocarditis. Age 20-40 male are more prone to get it. I'd acute myocarditis and pericardial effusion at early 30s (5+ years ago) and went to ER twice in a week due to chest pain, shortness of breath and high blood pressure. Confirmed by taking MRI and Ultrasound. Referred to on site cardiologist immediately. Lucky for me that no surgery was required but I was put on anti-inflammatory for 3 months and monthly ultrasound check up for 1st 6 months and 2 more ultrasound once every 3 months after recovery. I recovery fully roughly 6 months later.

Told by my cardiologist that it was viral infection but he won't able to tell how I got infected. And many young adult could have gotten myocarditis at least once in their lifetime but since majority of cases were very mild without symptoms and recovery itself. No one really reporting it nor method of diagnosis. Serious acute myocarditis is dangerous as it will cause sudden death but very rare.