Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Pharmaprix (or any other store that has Optimum)

Optimum 5000 pts for every $50 Apple gift card

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 3:44 pm
Sr. Member
User avatar
May 2, 2006
529 posts
90 upvotes
Boucherville
Thanks OP.
5 x 500$ and the cashier did not realize (or cared) that I paid 2500$ via credit card! Ok Hand Sign (maximum 250$ indicated on the terminal, heh)
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2021
168 posts
179 upvotes
Shakkan wrote: Thanks OP.
5 x 500$ and the cashier did not realize (or cared) that I paid 2500$ via credit card! Ok Hand Sign (maximum 250$ indicated on the terminal, heh)
Cashier didn't even check/see which card you use before you tap/insert/swipe the card?

I went to three different SDM for this offer and all of them checked before I was able to do that...
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2017
579 posts
514 upvotes
Canada
emvobov wrote: Cashier didn't even check/see which card you use before you tap/insert/swipe the card?

I went to three different SDM for this offer and all of them checked before I was able to do that...
In my case as well they didn’t check. They were more shocked about getting points on gift cards.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 28, 2010
692 posts
880 upvotes
Montreal
Just to confirm, I can apply all the gift cards immediately to my apple id balance and then I can buy an iphone in the apple store app later?
Newbie
Jul 30, 2018
65 posts
71 upvotes
No. You cannot. If you redeem it in your apple Id, necer use to purchase in-store or online shopping. You can only use it in appstore purchases!
Newbie
Jul 30, 2018
65 posts
71 upvotes
I bought 4 cards that was 3X500 and 1x250 in Loblaws. I got 175k points, but 3 of out 4 cards was not activated.

After cashier refund me 1250$ and got back 3 deactivated card. Now, I have 175k points and 500$ GC on my 500$ purchase. I said I want to buy another one. But he didn’t allow me because the store was at close time.

Then, I go to a SDM and said want to but 2X500 and 1x250 (instead of deactivated cards?) Cashier told me Apple and SDM has a policy about GC that you can buy max 500$ in-store in one time. After that I bought 500$ without using my PC ID.

Then tomorrow, will go to other stores and complete the rest.

That will be fair.

Hope, they don’t reduce my points future Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22927 upvotes
Toronto
mdzakin wrote: No. You cannot. If you redeem it in your apple Id, necer use to purchase in-store or online shopping. You can only use it in appstore purchases!
Apple recently launched the unified Apple Gift Card in Canada

Apple Canada Launches New Gift Card for 'Everything Apple' (iTunes Gift Card can be used for Apple Store hardwares)

"Where the Apple Gift Card is available, you can use your Apple ID balance to buy products and accessories at apple.com or in the Apple Store app."

from What you can buy with your Apple ID balance
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
2389 posts
5250 upvotes
Markham
Shakkan wrote: Thanks OP.
5 x 500$ and the cashier did not realize (or cared) that I paid 2500$ via credit card! Ok Hand Sign (maximum 250$ indicated on the terminal, heh)
The $250 indicated on the terminal refers to max tap amount. They don’t care how much you put on your credit card.
Jr. Member
Aug 30, 2021
168 posts
179 upvotes
YasirAli wrote: In my case as well they didn’t check. They were more shocked about getting points on gift cards.
Shakkan wrote: Thanks OP.
5 x 500$ and the cashier did not realize (or cared) that I paid 2500$ via credit card! Ok Hand Sign (maximum 250$ indicated on the terminal, heh)
Lucky you guys...
I was trying to max the points with least spending to hit MSR for Amex new card 10x on grocery , but I guess no luck for me on this one.

klamyo wrote: Just to confirm, I can apply all the gift cards immediately to my apple id balance and then I can buy an iphone in the apple store app later?
mdzakin wrote: No. You cannot. If you redeem it in your apple Id, necer use to purchase in-store or online shopping. You can only use it in appstore purchases!

Actually you can use all apple gift cards, including old blue itunes one, to purchase Apple physical products: iphone, ipad etc...
Here's my recent DP, got my ipad 4 weeks ago:
1. Redeem those Apple or Itunes and app store GC into Apple account for account balance.
2. Sign in your Apple account and pay with account balance at check out.
(you can pay with account balance + up to one credit card)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
990 upvotes
GTA
YasirAli wrote: Anyone who paid using PC mastercard got any points for using PC MasterCard. Someone in this thread mentioned that you get 30 pts per dollars if you use PC MasterCard.
Seems to be correct, got two transactions for purchasing $2500, one for 25k, and 50k.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 23, 2017
579 posts
514 upvotes
Canada
greg123 wrote: Seems to be correct, got two transactions for purchasing $2500, one for 25k, and 50k.
I got them today as well
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
990 upvotes
GTA
So anyone know why we don’t get the extra 15/pts?

Using Pc WE card at Loblaws normally get 30pts/$1, does that mean if we purchase gift cards, we would only get 15pts/$1?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2828 posts
1225 upvotes
Quebec
greg123 wrote: So anyone know why we don’t get the extra 15/pts?

Using Pc WE card at Loblaws normally get 30pts/$1, does that mean if we purchase gift cards, we would only get 15pts/$1?
its always 15 pts /1$ when you get

You ge thee 15pts/1$ later when the transaction is officially charged on your CC
Jr. Member
Oct 18, 2006
137 posts
50 upvotes
BC
OracerO wrote: Did the manager sort it out for you?
I actually contacted PC Optimum over the phone the next day and the CSR was super on top of it and resolved it in about 5 minutes.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16846 posts
5317 upvotes
Markham
bought $150 from SDM
didn't get the points
did an inquiry, right away after I bought ( Sept. 01)
the response just now is that I need to wait 2 to 4 weeks??!!!!! what a BS
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Jr. Member
Jul 30, 2004
146 posts
110 upvotes
Vancouver
Keigotw wrote: bought $150 from SDM
didn't get the points
did an inquiry, right away after I bought ( Sept. 01)
the response just now is that I need to wait 2 to 4 weeks??!!!!! what a BS
This was the response I got as well. Then I got another email saying the case is now closed. Anyone got the points after doing an inquiry? They are usually pretty good with adding points.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3260 posts
1395 upvotes
Anyone have the points show up clearly on the receipt, but not on their online account?

I emailed them about the issue and they said they couldn't find the purchase and I have no option of scanning the receipt. I am going to call Tuesday, but am wondering if others had this issue.
.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16846 posts
5317 upvotes
Markham
dgnr8 wrote: Anyone have the points show up clearly on the receipt, but not on their online account?

I emailed them about the issue and they said they couldn't find the purchase and I have no option of scanning the receipt. I am going to call Tuesday, but am wondering if others had this issue.
Just take picture of receipt. You don’t have to scan it.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1517 posts
969 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Received 5000 points today and an email stating that someone else will contact me. So 85000 points still missing...

Top