Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Pharmaprix (or any other store that has Optimum)

Optimum 5000 pts for every $50 Apple gift card

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2021 3:44 pm
Member
Jul 21, 2010
480 posts
240 upvotes
Simran2427 wrote: Note FINE PRINT
There is limit of 5 cards per customer
That is kind of confusing. 5 cards of $50? or any?

Has anyone tried buying?
Sr. Member
Feb 27, 2010
758 posts
391 upvotes
Shugi wrote: That is kind of confusing. 5 cards of $50? or any?

Has anyone tried buying?
I think 5 cards per Customer
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2014
189 posts
180 upvotes
Pointe-Claire, Qc
Alkutraz wrote: Can I buy 5 cards at $500 and ultimately get 250,000 points?

Or will it cap out at 5*$50 for only 25,000 points max?
I would think you get 250,000 since it is per $50

I purchased a $100 and got 10,000. I wanted to buy a $500 but was told I would have to pay debit or cash. So you would need to make sure your debit limit is $2,500 or take cash.

And the offer is only good for one transaction.
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2014
189 posts
180 upvotes
Pointe-Claire, Qc
lc39nav wrote: Does anyone know if this will work on multiple separate transactions? Or, is the offer gone after the first use?
Gone after one use. I have made a claim for the second transaction as the terms did not seem to be one use only. Fingers crossed.
I will be using the offer from my other account and try to get $500… but I really want to put it on my credit card.
Newbie
Aug 10, 2014
13 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does anyone know if tax will be charged on this GC? Last time I bought Netflix GC from SDM and was charged tax.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1963 posts
4551 upvotes
msjoanna wrote: Does anyone know if tax will be charged on this GC? Last time I bought Netflix GC from SDM and was charged tax.
You shouldn't be getting charged tax because you're getting taxed when you use the card. You're just double dipping at that point.
Member
Jan 21, 2012
344 posts
931 upvotes
VANCOUVER
HSPMTL wrote: I would think you get 250,000 since it is per $50

I purchased a $100 and got 10,000. I wanted to buy a $500 but was told I would have to pay debit or cash. So you would need to make sure your debit limit is $2,500 or take cash.

And the offer is only good for one transaction.
You mean they refused to take credit card? That doesn’t make any sense.
Newbie
Aug 25, 2021
5 posts
1 upvote
I had the same issue. Does anyone know any CC friendly Pharamprix in the Montreal area?
[OP]
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2014
189 posts
180 upvotes
Pointe-Claire, Qc
vanessachaulee wrote: I had the same issue. Does anyone know any CC friendly Pharamprix in the Montreal area?
Maxi Dorval… $500 gift card using credit card, no questions asked. For what it’s worth, it was a young cashier, she didn’t bat an eyelid at $500.

In my excitement (or was it the hot cashier) I forgot to use my Optimum card… DOH! But will make a claim.
Member
User avatar
Jul 3, 2020
348 posts
702 upvotes
British Columbia
How much does 5000 PCO points equate to in terms of dollars?
Member
Jan 21, 2012
344 posts
931 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Canucks640 wrote: How much does 5000 PCO points equate to in terms of dollars?
Bonus redemption events notwithstanding, $5 (but minimum redemption increment is $10).
Newbie
Jul 29, 2021
15 posts
6 upvotes
Can we use apple gift cards online? If yes. Is it possible to use miltiple gift cards in one transaction?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3950 posts
1392 upvotes
Belle River
ManHappy wrote: Can we use apple gift cards online? If yes. Is it possible to use miltiple gift cards in one transaction?
There probably is some limit but can't you just redeem them all into your Apple account balance and then do it that way?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 3, 2017
1704 posts
3247 upvotes
Vancouver
hystavito wrote: There probably is some limit but can't you just redeem them all into your Apple account balance and then do it that way?
ManHappy wrote: Can we use apple gift cards online? If yes. Is it possible to use miltiple gift cards in one transaction?
Yes, 8 in one transaction, but easy to get around it.

Not sure if "adding them to your Apple account balance" locks them into the app store side or not. There is another way to keep them in physical form: you can buy something with 8 physically, then return it and have them combine the refund into 1.
Sr. Member
Sep 29, 2009
636 posts
1003 upvotes
Kitchener
Everyone here buying huge increments of Apple gift cards are being judged by the cashiers as having fallen for one of those phone scams where you have to pay off a CRA debt with iTunes cards.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2014
881 posts
961 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks op! Actually worked, got 100k points.
Now….off to apple for back to school deals? Lol
Images
  • F87B5F62-BF9D-4749-B528-EE102CA44D68.jpeg
Thanks for the upvote!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2002
3537 posts
1181 upvotes
So I can use old iTunes gift cards to buy stuff at the apple store now?
Newbie
Aug 10, 2014
13 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
cursayer wrote: You shouldn't be getting charged tax because you're getting taxed when you use the card. You're just double dipping at that point.

From my experience I have been charged tax whenever I purchase GC at my Shoppers in BC
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2003
2122 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
soymilkslam wrote: Yes, 8 in one transaction, but easy to get around it.

Not sure if "adding them to your Apple account balance" locks them into the app store side or not. There is another way to keep them in physical form: you can buy something with 8 physically, then return it and have them combine the refund into 1.
Looks like you can use your balance for hardware

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT211187
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1963 posts
4551 upvotes
goob3r wrote: So I can use old iTunes gift cards to buy stuff at the apple store now?
Yes, add them to your Apple ID balance first.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)