Expired Hot Deals

[Phil Sebastian] Hartmann Panama Geisha Whole Bean Espresso 3/4 lb ($32)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 5:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes

Hartmann Panama Geisha Whole Bean Espresso 3/4 lb ($32)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Phil Sebastian
Been looking for some reasonably priced geisha for a while. No idea how good this brand is but the deal looks pretty decent for 3/4 lb. Free shipping in canada on orders over $25 via Canada post.

Posting a “deal” on 3/4 lb of coffee for $32, I’m probably gonna get roasted harder than these beans.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Dec 12th, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
May 24, 2012
239 posts
284 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
If you dig it, you dig it....thanks for sharing dude
Il n'y a pas des sots si incommodes que ceux qui ont de l’esprit
Aug 8, 2007
530 posts
379 upvotes
Just got my Gesha beans from the Monogram 40% off BF sale which works out to be about the same price. Bonus it was roasted fresh on my Birthday and sent the next day and received quick in Toronto just a few days later so super fresh.

My question is that Monogram calls it Gesha whereas PS calls it Geisha. Any difference? Shouldn’t be a French English thing as these roasters are both in Calgary. At over $40/lb enquiring minds want to know!
Jan 22, 2015
478 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The P&S beans I've had in the past have been great.
But that beaning said you could have gotten a nesprrsso machine and 50 capsules for this price
Sorry to grind on your deal. 🤡
Nov 12, 2017
126 posts
74 upvotes
Calgary
newcan wrote: The P&S beans I've had in the past have been great.
But that beaning said you could have gotten a nesprrsso machine and 50 capsules for this price
Sorry to grind on your deal. 🤡
F$32? Wow, that's some deal for nespresso! After I start making my own espresso/pourover, I have not touched my nespresso beside regular cleaning Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 11, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes
I remember a post at the start of the pandemic for Detour coffee. People couldn't believe the price and compared to Maxwell House and Folgers. I actually haven't heard of this brand before but I am happy that the number of direct trade and single source roasters in Canada is increasing. Thanks for sharing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5483 upvotes
GUYS, the Costco USA deal is back!!!
$42.99 USD for 2 LBS!!! -16 bags left at time of posting

Will be more costly to have forwarded to Canada/ limited opportunities to pick it up cross border. I was reading reviews saying that Costco messed up their roast of these beans.

Still may be a better deal.

https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signatu ... 62341.html
Jul 21, 2013
99 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Phil and Seb's is great, thanks OP
Mar 5, 2012
537 posts
247 upvotes
Canada
BREWING WATER SPECIFICATION
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): 20 ppm
Bicarbonate (HCO3): 18 ppm or less (most important)
Calcium (Ca): 5 ppm
Magnesium (Mg): 2 ppm
Sodium (Na): 2 ppm
Anyone know where I can get 50% off a mineral analysis test? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Aug 8, 2007
530 posts
379 upvotes
For the high rollers reading this thread Costco.ca has Zavida Blue Mountain beans on sale today December 13th only, just $99.99 including shipping for 800g.

Bit disappointed they don’t tell you the roast level but hopefully light to medium. They also have a certificate of authenticity attached indicating it is the 2016/17 crop. How long do unroasted coffee beans last?
Images
  • FB947833-9D30-4489-A746-C338BC4CC535.png
  • 140DC511-AC44-4F73-9194-208F256A444E.png
Nov 25, 2009
194 posts
72 upvotes
deal dead? link jumps back to home page.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3901 posts
3059 upvotes
Ottawa
EYEAM2COOL4U wrote: Just got my Gesha beans from the Monogram 40% off BF sale which works out to be about the same price. Bonus it was roasted fresh on my Birthday and sent the next day and received quick in Toronto just a few days later so super fresh.

My question is that Monogram calls it Gesha whereas PS calls it Geisha. Any difference? Shouldn’t be a French English thing as these roasters are both in Calgary. At over $40/lb enquiring minds want to know!
https://panamalifeinsider.com/panama-ge ... st-coffee/
The Panama Geisha coffee originated from Ethiopia, specifically from the Gori Gesha forest. The name of the coffee was derived from the name of the place where it came from, the Gesha region.

Thanks OP - just for letting me learn about Geisha coffee - now my quest begins Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1062 posts
889 upvotes
Edmonton
I consider myself to be somewhat of a coffee connoisseur compared to the average Keurig drinking folk.

But I honestly can't taste the difference between 100% Kona or your premium brand costco coffees to justify the price point.

Is this just me? Can some of you guys really notice a substantial difference between blue mountain, kona, peaberry, and all these more expensive coffees? Or is it more of a hype thing?
Mar 18, 2005
416 posts
374 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
AnujS699 wrote: I consider myself to be somewhat of a coffee connoisseur compared to the average Keurig drinking folk.

But I honestly can't taste the difference between 100% Kona or your premium brand costco coffees to justify the price point.

Is this just me? Can some of you guys really notice a substantial difference between blue mountain, kona, peaberry, and all these more expensive coffees? Or is it more of a hype thing?
Brew 2 different coffees side by side. You can definitely tell a difference, especially if they come from Ethiopia. Unless they’re very dark roasted, then all coffee will taste the same,
Aug 27, 2017
204 posts
98 upvotes
P&S has gotten worse over the past year or two now. The consistency in cleanliness and crisp roast levels has has faded and they’re just not the same anymore...
Dec 11, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: I consider myself to be somewhat of a coffee connoisseur compared to the average Keurig drinking folk.

Over the last couple years I have really come to appreciate that making coffee is an art, one that most coffee shops can't manage. Being able to get to the tasting notes is about how the coffee is made. This includes grind size, ratio of coffee to water, how the water is pushed through, temperature at which you drink, etc. The other really important factor to flavor is the roast, dark roasts are often chosen to hide poor quality bean flavors. You will find that most of the premium coffee roasters don't do anything beyond a light or medium roast because they are using premium beans with good flavor. Even to visually compare the higher end Costco coffees to the Premium roasters; you will see the bulk coffees are cracked or chipped and the silver skin is burnt off. Premium coffee beans will be whole and generally will still have the silver skin. You might think I'm going to grind it anyway so why do I care that they are perfectly whole. Whole beans retain the oils and flavor, once they start to be broken down that flavor evaporates slowly. The biggest mistake that I was making when brew coffee, even in a drip coffee maker is that I wasn't weighing my beans to water to ensure a consistent and accurate ratio. This was a real game changer for me. A month ago I picked up the gesha from Pilot. The flavors were so refined, pure and smooth; I actually would have said it tasted more like drinking a tea than a coffee.

All of that being said I still cut the cost of the premium roasters with the Costco whole bean Lavazza.