• Mar 4th, 2009 4:20 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21708 posts
317 upvotes
Newmarket
j8lam wrote: This has more than doubled in price since I joined Costco a couple years ago. It used to be around $7.50 a bag. It's now around $16!
Wow, thats nuts. our membership expired 7 months ago, so havent been in a while...Thought they were about $10-12 then. Hmmm....might make getting a food dehydrator worthwhile and DIY'ing them....but I hate having rarely used kitchen appliances taking space.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12840 posts
1174 upvotes
abc123 wrote: Yikes! But definitely dried mangoes are LOADED with sugar... I haven't eaten them in a long time because of all the sugar. Sometimes you can find dried cranberries at Costco for super cheap :cheesygri
ocean spray crasins are are soaked in juice/sugar before they are dried. if they didnt, they would taste like sour/tart turds.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
3533 posts
272 upvotes
Richmond
These used to taste a lot better. Now, some packages have mango pieces that still have a bit of moisture on the surface and are soft. I have to pick through the packages before I find one that is actually dried.
[OP]
Aug 17, 2008
667 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
if you try the ones at bulkbarn or Walmart, all you taste is sugar. These ones awesome in comparison.