Philips 6970 rechargeable shaver for $39.99 @ FS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2010 12:12 pm
[OP]
Jul 29, 2009
572 posts
419 upvotes

[Future Shop] Philips 6970 rechargeable shaver for $39.99 @ FS

Deal ends on June 24th at Future Shop. Surprised nobody has posted this - 1/3rd off best value shaver. Heads good for 2 years versus 6 months for screen razors making TCO on this cheapest by far. Last went for this price in January and this has a very high rating in UK customer reviews. Just received mine via free shipping and it's quiet and does everything I care about. Model it replaced cost 3 times more which got me a sturdier feel (heavy) with a nylon case and nothing else. Styling is a bit Imperial Storm Trooper/Space 1999 but I worship Darth Vader so I'm okay with it.

Look here.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
16537 posts
7169 upvotes
Toronto
Price is pretty good. I have a similar Philips model though and I find it doesn't give me a very good shave. I should add though that if I must use an electric, I find the foil ones work better on my face.
Jan 6, 2009
127 posts
7 upvotes
thanks op, never purchased a shaver before and this will be as good as any for a noob
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3387 posts
722 upvotes
Winnipeg
what the heck is DE? I went to your link, even the faq and abbreviation doesn't say what it is...
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1726 posts
752 upvotes
khulit wrote: what the heck is DE? I went to your link, even the faq and abbreviation doesn't say what it is...
double edged. It the razors they used in the 1950's.
by the way, i tried to find them in montreal without luck, any places i should try?
Jul 6, 2008
468 posts
171 upvotes
Montreal
funnypanks wrote: double edged. It the razors they used in the 1950's.
by the way, i tried to find them in montreal without luck, any places i should try?

The In-Store store check avaibality give me like 4-5 locations in montreal that have in stock the rasor
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1994 posts
687 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Price is pretty good. I have a similar Philips model though and I find it doesn't give me a very good shave. I should add though that if I must use an electric, I find the foil ones work better on my face.
Same here. The rotary shavers don't shave anywhere near as close as the foil shavers (for me anyways). I've tried a few and always got the same result. I guess it depends on your skin/hair type.