• Dec 21st, 2020 10:55 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
65 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Philips Hue

Do the philips hue EVER go on sale? I got a deal on a bundle at christmas 2 years ago but since then... nada. I still have many bulbs to replace
6 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
11094 posts
4339 upvotes
I can't answer your question but when I was doing some research on these many reviewers are recommending cheaper alternatives. (Teckin and others)
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
65 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thanks Blexann. PRoblem is I already have half my house in hue so I have to stick with them unfortunately
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4478 posts
3086 upvotes
Edmonton
If you're still looking for bulbs, Amazon has them on sale right now during Prime Days. 4 colored bulbs for $174.99.

Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
20481 posts
4242 upvotes
Toronto
They've gotten more expensive pretty quick. I bought that 4-pack Chinpokomon showed $159 back in November 2018 and got a few of the 'ambiance' bulbs and switch/bulb kits pretty cheap in 2019. All of them have gone up significantly, even sale prices. I'm trying to find the motion detector, the smart outlet, and the click switches for around the same sale prices they were going for a while ago and haven't had any luck.
[OP]
Dec 24, 2014
65 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Piro21 wrote: They've gotten more expensive pretty quick. I bought that 4-pack Chinpokomon showed $159 back in November 2018 and got a few of the 'ambiance' bulbs and switch/bulb kits pretty cheap in 2019. All of them have gone up significantly, even sale prices. I'm trying to find the motion detector, the smart outlet, and the click switches for around the same sale prices they were going for a while ago and haven't had any luck.
yeah i remember getting a kit around 2018 and it wasnt that expensive. at christmas I believe at best buy. now i cant justify $60 for a single bulb!