Expired Hot Deals

Shoppers Drug Mart

Phillip Hue Bridge 2.0 - $19.99 (Clearance, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 1st, 2020 5:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1352 posts
1461 upvotes

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Phillip Hue Bridge 2.0 - $19.99 (Clearance, YMMV)

stum upon this deal when i have coupon spend $40 get $10 in point, most retail still have $70 price tag,

YMMV on this deal, some other deal I spot is Roku stick 39.99, Sega Genesis Mini $60

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ph ... 1/10405000

https://www.amazon.ca/Philips-Bridge-Co ... B016H0QZ7I
Images
  • 20200711_121959.jpg
  • 20200716_200659.jpg
  • 20200716_210327.jpg
  • 20200716_200356.jpg
79 replies
Mar 18, 2005
109 posts
12 upvotes
what store did you see this at? Mine broke, I am looking for a cheap replacement
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6884 posts
4552 upvotes
Ottawa
What do you buy bridge for?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1863 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
sonyHdr12 wrote: What do you buy bridge for?
It's required to use Hue bulbs.

OP: Which store did you see this deal?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1352 posts
1461 upvotes
Avalonthas wrote: what store did you see this at? Mine broke, I am looking for a cheap replacement

there still 3 left at woodbridge (weston)/hw7
Sep 16, 2013
223 posts
466 upvotes
Calgary
Saw 3-4 hubs at SDM Beacon Hill and Creekside in Calgary. Switches were all sold out
Mar 19, 2012
328 posts
850 upvotes
Calgary
You may find hue in a beautiful house, with a beautiful bridge,
And you may ask yourself, "Well... how did I get here?"
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2020
1047 posts
1088 upvotes
VertigoM wrote: It's required to use Hue bulbs.

OP: Which store did you see this deal?
All the new ones actually don't require a Hub (direct WiFi control) ... but the old ones do. Hence the discount, probably

Same as it ever was, nGord
Mar 22, 2006
204 posts
117 upvotes
More interested in the switches. Hope they're available at various other locations.
Dec 21, 2012
393 posts
429 upvotes
Planning on using this with Ikea smart bulbs. Anyone have experience doing this?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6884 posts
4552 upvotes
Ottawa
xpressmerchant wrote: if you don't know what it is you don't need it. Wallet safe.
I sold all my 10+ extra bridges, only need 1.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2228 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
DasHip wrote: All the new ones actually don't require a Hub (direct WiFi control) ... but the old ones do. Hence the discount, probably

The hub is needed for homekit support though, so there is value in having the bridge.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1863 posts
1294 upvotes
Toronto
DasHip wrote: All the new ones actually don't require a Hub (direct WiFi control) ... but the old ones do. Hence the discount, probably

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
Oct 26, 2010
345 posts
209 upvotes
Scarborough
Sweet just picked up the last dimmer at Woodside shoppers. It was regular price but when scanned it was 50% off. Thx op
Sep 17, 2007
5 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
I have 2 extra unused hubs in Ottawa that I have from starter kits.

PM me if interested. I would let them go for $15 each.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7377 posts
8067 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB

As far as I'm aware they're still keeping both going, because the new direct WiFi control ones (WiZ) don't actually work with the old Hub setup (it's basically like buying bulbs from a different company).

And also, I believe they're still exclusive to Home Depot, so this is likely just a single Shoppers doing what single Shoppers locations typically do and clearing out random things they don't want anymore.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1803 posts
2597 upvotes
VANCOUVER
chemicalxv wrote: As far as I'm aware they're still keeping both going, because the new direct WiFi control ones (WiZ) don't actually work with the old Hub setup (it's basically like buying bulbs from a different company).

And also, I believe they're still exclusive to Home Depot, so this is likely just a single Shoppers doing what single Shoppers locations typically do and clearing out random things they don't want anymore.

Yeah, this Wiz company (with wifi bulbs) was purchased by the parent company of Philips. They are basically a separate company with a different product line sold under the philips name. They are not compatible with hue or comparable in terms of quality. This is why they sell for $15/bulb vs the $60 for the hue equivalent. They are closer to those cheap smart bulbs you can find on amazon or costco etc

The newer Hue bulbs now come with bluetooth but to be honest, that's not the best tech to use for something like light bulbs. The reason why Hue is so supirior to everthing else on the market is they use Zigbee which is more suited for this. I have over 30 hue bulbs throughout my house and they are rock solids, work instantly with no delays, and never drop out. Wifi or bluetooth is terrible for this
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7377 posts
8067 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
goozy1 wrote:
Yeah, this Wiz company (with wifi bulbs) was purchased by the parent company of Philips. They are basically a separate company with a different product line sold under the philips name. They are not compatible with hue or comparable in terms of quality. This is why they sell for $15/bulb vs the $60 for the hue equivalent. They are closer to those cheap smart bulbs you can find on amazon or costco etc

The newer Hue bulbs now come with bluetooth but to be honest, that's not the best tech to use for something like light bulbs. The reason why Hue is so supirior to everthing else on the market is they use Zigbee which is more suited for this. I have over 30 hue bulbs throughout my house and they are rock solids, work instantly with no delays, and never drop out. Wifi or bluetooth is terrible for this
Yeah I tried the BT ones and there isn't a widget you can add to iOS to make them work outside the app (which is a separate app than the normal Hue app). With the regular Hue app you can add a widget and control bulbs that way.

However my TP-Link ones work over WiFi and I've never had an issue with them.
Jan 5, 2008
89 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary
I got the last one at the Beacon Hill Calgary SDM. Thanks for the tip, OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)