Computers & Electronics

Is this a phishing site for booking road test in Ontario?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 8:27 pm
4 replies
Dec 6, 2020
373 posts
353 upvotes
The whois details look very phishy.

The domain has no contact details, which means under CIRA rules that it is registered to an individual, not a company. The nameservers have .co.uk addresses, appear to be based in the UK, and are also used as namesevers for driver's test booking services targeted at other countries.

While this may be a legitimate business, there are too many red flags to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Last edited by middleofnowhere on Dec 17th, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2005
3045 posts
522 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like some sort of middleman service. From their TOS:
ADMINISTRATION FEE

Our fee for all services is $49 payable at the time of booking. Our price includes extra services such as obtaining suitable dates for the customer, changing road test appointments and offering help and advice on what to bring to your test.
[OP]
Jan 24, 2017
60 posts
22 upvotes
My son told me that all road test was not available in our living area due to COVID19 from the official ONTARIO site https://drivetest.ca/. However, I did a google search and noted that this phishing site allows me to enter personal information and payment. When I check the contact information, it does not have phone number. So I realize that it must be a phishing site.