Food & Drink

Pho Mi 99 Mississauga - Would You Go Back If This Happened To You?

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2009 9:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
21035 posts
5643 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

Pho Mi 99 Mississauga - Would You Go Back If This Happened To You?

I used to go to Pho Mi 99 regularly almost every week for the past few months, but recently 2 bad things happened there to me:

1. Insect in my soup. They replaced the soup and apologised but I still had to pay for it.

2. Next visit, the bill was miscalculated with an additional ~30% in their favour. I pointed this out and they did not believe me at first but I made them redo it on their calculator and they apologised it and gave me a revised bill.

That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth... do you think I should go back again? Three strikes and they're out? This was at the Grand Park Drive location.
77 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2003
1504 posts
414 upvotes
Woodbridge
Does Bamboo Legend have good Viet food? I've had their Thai which was good.
Member
User avatar
Apr 2, 2006
236 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Go to the other Pho Mi 99s in Mississauga. There is one on Dixie and Dundas and there is one on Hurontario where the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=429]Toys R Us[/rfdlink] plaza is. I prefer driving a little further and going to these locations more than the Grand Park one.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2003
2039 posts
4 upvotes
You guys are nice. I dont even give 2nd chances if they didnt do anything to make it up to me after their first mistake.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Newbie
Sep 1, 2006
61 posts
I don't give a second chance either. There are so many restaurants out there why not try one of those?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 18, 2003
6754 posts
968 upvotes
Etobicoke
Try Big Bowl. Their portions are slightly smaller than Pho 99 but very tasty.

It is located at the south east corner of Dundas & Glen Erin drive.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 20, 2003
1504 posts
414 upvotes
Woodbridge
eelfliw wrote:Try Big Bowl. Their portions are slightly smaller than Pho 99 but very tasty.

It is located at the south east corner of Dundas & Glen Erin drive.
I've also noticed that Big Bowl gives less meat in the pho. Pho Dau Bo on Dundas has good fried spring rolls.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
keanefan wrote:look for another restaurant

Bamboo Legend
905-569-3180
3145 Dundas Street West,
Mississauga, ON

http://bamboolegend.com/

Sick I work there :lol:

Look for me Friday and Saturday nights...I'm the guy without the blonde hair ;)
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
sterdeus wrote:Does Bamboo Legend have good Viet food? I've had their Thai which was good.

The Pho is slightly above average, considering they don't use MSG in their soup. Other restaurants throw in mounds of MSG to get the flavour, here they actually use beef bones and cook it for a long time. It's family owned and pretty much family operated, except me along with the Thai chef and other Vietnamese chefs in the back, but Mrs. Duong makes a lot of the food herself, often when I go in during prep hrs (4-5pm) she's in the back handrolling the spring rolls herself.

Other Vietnamese dishes are the Grilled Chicken or Pork on Rice or Vermicelli served with an optional spring roll and Nuac Mam (fish sauce).
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 4, 2005
963 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
sickk! im reaching bamboo legend this friday with dave and couple of other friends... gonna check out his restaurant ...how much are the dishes anyways?
Aware
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
they're not bad. pad thai starts at 8.50 and dishes range around there give or take a few bucks. yeah dave's working on fri..but he gets off class at 6 so i'll be there for like an hr or so before he gets there.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 4, 2005
963 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
thats not bad...well im off to cont. ghay hwk. i'll see you at bamboo
Aware
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
yeah definately. gotta get back to studying for management test on thursday. did i mention i'm the only chinese guy working in the restaurant :-0
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2005
1194 posts
67 upvotes
Mississauga
dasaylay wrote:The Pho is slightly above average, considering they don't use MSG in their soup. Other restaurants throw in mounds of MSG to get the flavour, here they actually use beef bones and cook it for a long time. It's family owned and pretty much family operated, except me along with the Thai chef and other Vietnamese chefs in the back, but Mrs. Duong makes a lot of the food herself, often when I go in during prep hrs (4-5pm) she's in the back handrolling the spring rolls herself.

Other Vietnamese dishes are the Grilled Chicken or Pork on Rice or Vermicelli served with an optional spring roll and Nuac Mam (fish sauce).
NO MSG!!! LOL LOL....

If your soup comes out dark, then for sure they use MSG... If it's nice and clear than they don't use MSG... Keep that in mind next time they tell you they don't use MSG....

No MSG = bad Chinese or Viet Food.. ahhahaha
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 4, 2005
963 posts
20 upvotes
Markham
imnew wrote:NO MSG!!! LOL LOL....

If your soup comes out dark, then for sure they use MSG... If it's nice and clear than they don't use MSG... Keep that in mind next time they tell you they don't use MSG....

No MSG = bad Chinese or Viet Food.. ahhahaha
whats MSG? message? LOL i joke =P
Aware
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
imnew wrote:NO MSG!!! LOL LOL....

If your soup comes out dark, then for sure they use MSG... If it's nice and clear than they don't use MSG... Keep that in mind next time they tell you they don't use MSG....

No MSG = bad Chinese or Viet Food.. ahhahaha
I can tell the difference. It's pretty clear, but it's not as tasteful as the rest. That's why I didn't score it any higher than it should be. It's not excellent. Next time, don't try to take a stab at me. ;)
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
9 upvotes
CA
imnew wrote: If your soup comes out dark, then for sure they use MSG... If it's nice and clear than they don't use MSG... Keep that in mind next time they tell you they don't use MSG....
What makes you come to this conclusion? MSG is a semi-transparent solid. Adding it to liquid gives off no colour at all
Sr. Member
Mar 2, 2006
838 posts
42 upvotes
Is the food, service, price and cleanliness good? If not, don't go back.

I recommend Pho Mi Asia near Dixie and Dundas (in the plaza by Bouclair, DQ and Woody Woodchucks). They just raised their prices over the weekend though (S = $4.50, M = $5.00, L = $5.50, XL= $6.50), but still amazing considering how they meet all of the criteria that I listed above.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)