• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2021 6:57 pm
[OP]
Jul 24, 2014
28 posts
58 upvotes
St Catharines, ON

[Amazon.ca] Phone Holder Bed Gooseneck Mount - Lamicall

My first post this is a phone holder for convince i bought this my wife for her birthday she loves it she usually watches shows on her phone really useful in bed look at the reviews
Orginal price is $66 it is 50% off plus an extra $5 off with coupon final price is $28
42 replies
[OP]
Jul 24, 2014
28 posts
58 upvotes
St Catharines, ON
My first post this is a phone holder for convince i bought this my wife for her birthday she loves it she usually watches shows on her phone really useful in bed look at the reviews
Orginal price is $66 it is 50% off plus an extra $5 off with coupon final price is $28
Aug 13, 2020
217 posts
638 upvotes
I have something similar and it struggles to hold my iPad. Any insight on this one?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1001 posts
1066 upvotes
Toronto
Mlj223 wrote: I have something similar and it struggles to hold my iPad. Any insight on this one?
I have been using this one with my ipad for 2ish years without any issue.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BXRDHLC/

I also picked up two of these from Dollarama and it works almost as good as the Tryone

https://www.amazon.ca/Aduro-Solid-Grip- ... 01HDZJ1WM/
Nov 20, 2013
119 posts
86 upvotes
Calgary
saw something similar to this in Dollarama for $3...
Apr 7, 2015
538 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver Island
darkmaniac wrote: I have two of these and they are definitely better than the dollarama ones. I feel like the dollarama ones can barely support the weight of a phone.
Really? My $4 Dollarama one held up my iPad

Somebody overtightened it and broke the tensioner at some point, so it's currently waiting for me to get a hose clamp or something, but I've had it for three years
Feb 22, 2013
940 posts
788 upvotes
Funny that the picture says you can’t use it straight up a and down.
Oct 8, 2005
61 posts
17 upvotes
Markham
AncientWords wrote: Really? My $4 Dollarama one held up my iPad

Somebody overtightened it and broke the tensioner at some point, so it's currently waiting for me to get a hose clamp or something, but I've had it for three years
Perhaps its just me being picky. I feel that the dollarama one is flimsy enough where you have to really over adjust the arm to account for the weight of the device. As well as any movement where the arm is mounted gets resonated. Pretty annoying when watching a show etc.

All-in-all, I paid about $25 for this mount and felt its worth the price vs the dollarama version. But I would consider this to be more of a regular price, rather than a hot deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1280 posts
2929 upvotes
darkmaniac wrote: I have two of these and they are definitely better than the dollarama ones. I feel like the dollarama ones can barely support the weight of a phone.
This one is identical and a bit cheaper https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08L3H ... UTF8&psc=1
I bought 2 of these Dollarama stands for $4 and they are very strong and hold up my 9.7" iPad no problem.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1294 posts
1270 upvotes
Surrey
cursayer wrote: I bought 2 of these Dollarama stands for $4 and they are very strong and hold up my 9.7" iPad no problem.
photo pls? never seen one
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1280 posts
2929 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote: photo pls? never seen one
Looks just like the one in OP. It's in a big box (maybe 6" by 3") in the tech section of Dollarama.
Deal Fanatic
May 15, 2016
6746 posts
2329 upvotes
A phone mount for your bed? How lazy can you get?
Apr 7, 2015
538 posts
367 upvotes
Vancouver Island
darkmaniac wrote: Perhaps its just me being picky. I feel that the dollarama one is flimsy enough where you have to really over adjust the arm to account for the weight of the device. As well as any movement where the arm is mounted gets resonated. Pretty annoying when watching a show etc.

All-in-all, I paid about $25 for this mount and felt its worth the price vs the dollarama version. But I would consider this to be more of a regular price, rather than a hot deal.
It's also possible Dollarama has more than one variety - the variety with the big clamp and a picture on the box of it holding up an iPad does indeed hold up an iPad
Nov 19, 2019
31 posts
6 upvotes
i dont understand.. why recommend one that is on sale for over $30 when u can get the same one for $25 from the same manufacture
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21738 posts
24873 upvotes
Toronto
Dollarama sells a $4 one. Works fine on smaller/lighter phones. We use it for Zoom calls
Images
  • 20201227_172528.jpg
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)