• Sep 25th, 2013 11:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga

Phone stuck in DownloadMode

Just for fun, while my phone was off, I held VOL down and plugged in a USB wire into my phone. This put it in downloadmode and windows recognizes it as "blaze".

Now my phone is stuck. Its a Huawei Ascend P1 so I can't take out the battery, and from what I've read that doesn't really help.

It's on stock firmware so I'm I haven't done anything unrecoverable, but I am afraid it might be stuck like that forever, if I don't do something,
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7132 posts
8669 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hold power until it restarts? Worst case scenario, flash a new blaze image using odin.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
wait until the batter completely drains.
then charge the battery until it is at least 10% connect the phone while odin is open and wait until it detects it.
then select reboot.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
infamouskid wrote: wait until the batter completely drains.
then charge the battery until it is at least 10% connect the phone while odin is open and wait until it detects it.
then select reboot.
I'm going to start letting the battery die now. What is odin? I was planning on using "fastboot reboot" to restart he device, but I can't find those damn "blaze" drivers.

All the forums I've searched through say that the standard drivers will work. But it keeps popping up as Blaze. I've already installed
Android SDK Tools
Android SDK Platform-tools
Andriod Support Library
SDK Platform
ARM EABI v7a System Image
Google USB Drivers
I've even tried install HiSuite

Using Windows 8 64bit. Maybe I should disable that 64bit driver signature thing?

EDIT: I wish I knew how to delete threads. I don't why the Android category didn't appear before, but now it does. I installed the standard drivers and now it works. Now time to install TWRP v2.4.4.0
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
TWRP have the ability to root your device. This will work on all Huawei-firmwares!
1. Download TWRP v2.4.4.0 (img). Unzip it, and place the .IMG in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools" folder.
2. Turn off your phone. Restart it while holding volume down (Fastboot mode). Connect your phone via USB
3. In the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools", hold shift while right click. Choose "open command window here"
5. Write "fastboot devices" to verify that the computer detects your device. If not detected, you failed install Fastboot drivers. (Look at the top of this guide)
6. Write "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". This will flash/ install TWRP to your device.
7. Boot into recovery (TWRP)
→ Go to the "Mount" menu and mount System.
→ Then go to the Reboot menu and reboot the system.
→ When it detects you are not rooted TWRP will ask if you want to root.
→ Swipe to do so and let it boot back into the system.
8. Hit the SuperSU icon and let it setup for the first time. Either by downloading a flashable zip or by going to the Play Store.
9. You should now be rooted

does anyone know how to do step 7? I've tried adb reboot recovery, but that doesn't work

edit2: I just rebooted it normally and went into recovery normally.

Sorry for creating this unnecessary thread.
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1617 upvotes
North York
a better question is. did you root and install a custom recovery before this happened or are you running stock rom?
Dinujan wrote: TWRP have the ability to root your device. This will work on all Huawei-firmwares!
1. Download TWRP v2.4.4.0 (img). Unzip it, and place the .IMG in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools" folder.
2. Turn off your phone. Restart it while holding volume down (Fastboot mode). Connect your phone via USB
3. In the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools", hold shift while right click. Choose "open command window here"
5. Write "fastboot devices" to verify that the computer detects your device. If not detected, you failed install Fastboot drivers. (Look at the top of this guide)
6. Write "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img". This will flash/ install TWRP to your device.
7. Boot into recovery (TWRP)
→ Go to the "Mount" menu and mount System.
→ Then go to the Reboot menu and reboot the system.
→ When it detects you are not rooted TWRP will ask if you want to root.
→ Swipe to do so and let it boot back into the system.
8. Hit the SuperSU icon and let it setup for the first time. Either by downloading a flashable zip or by going to the Play Store.
9. You should now be rooted

does anyone know how to do step 7? I've tried adb reboot recovery, but that doesn't work

edit2: I just rebooted it normally and went into recovery normally.

Sorry for creating this unnecessary thread.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13044 posts
4352 upvotes
this ?

[QUOTE]

U HAVE TO HOLD THE volume up AND THE send key AT SAME TIME then tap the power WITH A THIRD FINGER, LET IT GO AND THE HUAWEI SYMBOL WILL SHOW ON SCREEN...

[/QUOTE]
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14716 posts
2425 upvotes
Toronto
You guys are all providing BS answers except sexyj has found your solution.
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11622 posts
2597 upvotes
Montreal
infamouskid wrote: wait until the batter completely drains.
What temperature should I pre-heat the oven?
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14716 posts
2425 upvotes
Toronto
alkizmo wrote: What temperature should I pre-heat the oven?
325 degrees Fahrenheit. Deep fry for 6 minutes.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
sexyj wrote: this ?
this problem happened while on stock rom and recovery. I managed to fix it with "fastboot reboot" in cmd . What is the send key? Theres home, back, menu, vol+/- and power.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)