Expired Hot Deals

[PhoneBox] Prepaid Plans - Multiple Plan Offers on Rogers LTE (1GB - $25, 3GB - $35, 7GB - $45, 10GB - $55 or 13GB - $65)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 9:35 am
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
527 posts
627 upvotes

Prepaid Plans - Multiple Plan Offers on Rogers LTE (1GB - $25, 3GB - $35, 7GB - $45, 10GB - $55 or 13GB - $65)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
PhoneBox
Just saw this deal, PhoneBox is offering multiple prepaid plans at a pretty good discount, plans start at $25/month for 1 GB of data up to $65/month for 13 GB of data:

To get this deal:
https://prepaid.gophonebox.com/

Promo code: AMAZONROGERS

To get SIM card:
https://www.amazon.ca/Phonebox-Canadian ... 0864ZR3VV/

No word when the deal expires. All prepaid plans comes with unlimited talk & text, voicemail, caller ID & call forwarding. It's on the Rogers LTE network.
Last edited by deltatux on Jul 8th, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
10 replies
May 6, 2020
22 posts
85 upvotes
"If you use the entire amount of data on your plan, your services including calling and text messaging will stop."

Does not sound like a good deal.

Better off jumping on zoomer
Apr 7, 2009
290 posts
120 upvotes
toronto
Looked at this as I'm setting up a new line this week.
Public still seems better value; starts at $15 and less with monthly discounts. Might be worth checking.
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
527 posts
627 upvotes
Jepboi wrote: "If you use the entire amount of data on your plan, your services including calling and text messaging will stop."

Problem for Zoomer is that it caps out at 6GB of data. This is a good choice for those needing more than 6GB of data.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information.
Last edited by deltatux on Jul 8th, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 14, 2004
930 posts
241 upvotes
Victoria
deltatux wrote: That's how all prepaid services works. Zoomer is not a prepaid service.
I don't believe this is true. Pre-paid Public Mobile, I can use my data amount, and when my data runs out, I still get voice and basic text services...
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
527 posts
627 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I don't believe this is true. Pre-paid Public Mobile, I can use my data amount, and when my data runs out, I still get voice and basic text services...
You might be right, haven't peaked past my Public Mobile data allotment before but it makes sense that it only caps the data but not kill the service outright.
ngleu wrote: Looked at this as I'm setting up a new line this week.
Public still seems better value; starts at $15 and less with monthly discounts. Might be worth checking.
Public Mobile is great if all you need is "3G speed" data. For those who want more than 3 mbps, this deal ain't bad especially if they need more than 6GB data.
Last edited by deltatux on Jul 8th, 2020 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7475 posts
4955 upvotes
Canada
deltatux wrote: That's how all prepaid services works.
Absolutely not. Not a single prepaid plan works like that in Canada. Stop spreading misinformation
[OP]
Feb 28, 2014
527 posts
627 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: Absolutely not. Not a single prepaid plan works like that in Canada. Stop spreading misinformation
Removed that incorrect information, thanks for the correction.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2152 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
Pretty bad site to start. Not much info provided.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Nov 10, 2019
25 posts
16 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I don't believe this is true. Pre-paid Public Mobile, I can use my data amount, and when my data runs out, I still get voice and basic text services...
I can vouch for it. Recently switched to $25 plan and accidentally switched off wifi one night while watching Youtube. The calling and texts worked fine after it.
Carpe Diem!
Nov 30, 2016
819 posts
1025 upvotes
Mississauga
Jepboi wrote: "If you use the entire amount of data on your plan, your services including calling and text messaging will stop."

This is actually a pretty good deal, or at least it matches what Fido is offering. If you have a problem with this line about using all of your data, set you Android device (i assume you will be using one with this plan), to stop using data once you get to say 6.8GBs from a possible 7GB

Back in 2013/14, in the era of 3.5g, you were able to get 5gb/$50 on a few carriers like Wind, Mobilicity, and a few others. Then all of a sudden with LTE rolling out, data became a lot more expensive, so it wasn't unheard of to get only 1GB/$50 (Gosh these telcos really ripped us off), and this coincided with the decline in network quality of Wind and Mobilicity. Now we are starting to see the price of data creeping back down again (Thanks to Freedom mobile I think... for forcing down the prices). And now with more competition, we are getting more for less. Hope this trend continues, though i fear that with 5G around the corner, we might go back to the dark days of data hoarding.