Site Comments & Suggestions

Pi Hole killing RFD (Affiliated links fix)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2021 11:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12241 posts
1968 upvotes
GTA

Pi Hole killing RFD (Affiliated links fix)

ALL links do not work anymore with Pi Hole enabled.........

The worst part is people posting threads without pasting site in post. I cannot use loophole of quote and highlight and open in new tab...........

problem fixed. mainly use google chrome. add on will do what it says.........

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ated?hl=en
Last edited by qaz393 on Feb 10th, 2021 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
9 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27390 upvotes
Scarborough
I don't think we've changed anything with our links recently. Have you tried whitelisting our website?

There's a specific deal URL field in Hot Deals so it's not a requirement for posters to add the URL to the post body as well.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12241 posts
1968 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: I don't think we've changed anything with our links recently. Have you tried whitelisting our website?

There's a specific deal URL field in Hot Deals so it's not a requirement for posters to add the URL to the post body as well.
I just installed pi hole. new user. Its only the top deal link........ many links i cannot click into as they will be dns sunk.....
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27390 upvotes
Scarborough
qaz393 wrote: I just installed pi hole. new user. Its only the top deal link........ many links i cannot click into as they will be dns sunk.....
Have you tried to whitelist our site? I don't use Pi Hole but it seems like it would fix your issue of our links not loading.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12241 posts
1968 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: Have you tried to whitelist our site? I don't use Pi Hole but it seems like it would fix your issue of our links not loading.
whitelisting redflagdeals.com will do nothing as the links are not rfd anymore........ there are at least two sites...........
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14599 posts
27390 upvotes
Scarborough
qaz393 wrote: bigger question is why does rfd need these redirect sites??
If a retailer is part of one of our affiliate networks, our system automatically converts links to those sites to affiliate links.

My familiarity with Pi Hole is very basic so unfortunately I can't really offer any suggestions besides trying to whitelist the affiliate urls you happen to come across to see if that helps. Maybe someone else who uses it can chime in with more suggestions.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12241 posts
1968 upvotes
GTA
TomRFD wrote: If a retailer is part of one of our affiliate networks, our system automatically converts links to those sites to affiliate links.

My familiarity with Pi Hole is very basic so unfortunately I can't really offer any suggestions besides trying to whitelist the affiliate urls you happen to come across to see if that helps. Maybe someone else who uses it can chime in with more suggestions.
im reading into add on that clean links but have not found working on with chrome.......