• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 3:57 am
[OP]
Jun 3, 2019
52 posts
15 upvotes

Pickering nuclear plant

Hello,

We are considering at looking at places in Pickering. Do you guys know what the deal with the nuclear plant is? I've read it closes in 2028 but would you buy in Pickering? Or would a better option be to buy in ajax instead?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 27, 2004
5350 posts
3263 upvotes
Toronto
that stigma with pickering doesn't really exist anymore.

and if there was a nuclear melt down. trust me. you're not safe in Whitby either.
Full-time Realtor
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2296 posts
1580 upvotes
YYZ
lets try for oakville nuclear again :)
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9355 posts
1533 upvotes
Ajax is generally lower priced in the affordable areas. Pickering is pretty damn expensive now. All the houses in my area are like $1M+, I'm in the Altona/Twin Rivers area. Along Stroud you can get some ok deals on semis... but right now everything is selling so damn fast there is hardly anything available in Pickering for a reasonable price.

I wouldn't worry too much about the Nuclear Plant to be honest. More likely to be killed in a car accident.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Banned
Sep 14, 2020
437 posts
239 upvotes
Or smart meters from hydro or gas on the other side of the wall next to the bedroom.
Apr 6, 2020
90 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
AnnCook wrote: Hello,

We are considering at looking at places in Pickering. Do you guys know what the deal with the nuclear plant is? I've read it closes in 2028 but would you buy in Pickering? Or would a better option be to buy in ajax instead?
I'd buy in Pickering or down by the water in Ajax personally.
GTA Real Estate Agent