• May 1st, 2017 2:45 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
536 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough

Pickup Truck

I have a love seat and chair I need to dispose of. Since I am in a Condo, I don't have the luxury of curb side pickup that is offered to home owners in Toronto. I did however confirm the transfer station will take it if I drop it off. Now I need some way of transferring the items over. The transfer station is only a 5min drive from my condo.

I recall seeing a cargo truck with an add saying $17.95 with unlimited kms driving around the area and it was a big name rental company, but I don't recall the exact company. I tried reserving online from a few major places and none of them come close to this offer.

Anyone recall seeing this add and by what company?

Alternatively, anyone have a pickup truck or van that is willing to do the drop for me for 20$? Warden and Finch to VP and McNicoll?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2009
1107 posts
117 upvotes
K\W
I think uhaul pickup trucks have $19.95 in town rentals. Not sure on extras (insurance etc...).

Another option might be home depot. I think they rent pickups too, but have never looked into it, so I dont know any detail (cost,insurance...)

Good luck regardless
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
536 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough
flash67 wrote: 1800 got junk?
Contacted them for their no-obligation quote. They showed up with their truck and wanted about 200 dollars to haul the pair away. After the quote, I showed them the door.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2003
536 posts
260 upvotes
Scarborough
james3210 wrote: I think uhaul pickup trucks have $19.95 in town rentals. Not sure on extras (insurance etc...).

Another option might be home depot. I think they rent pickups too, but have never looked into it, so I dont know any detail (cost,insurance...)

Good luck regardless
Thanks for the suggestion I'll check it out.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)