Toronto - Sept 20. 50% off your next pepperoni pizza @ Pie Bar

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
September 20, 2019
Retailer:
Pie Bar
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
4 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11707 posts
6618 upvotes
Markham
Unless you've eaten at an establishment before, I absolutely hate these types of promos which say pay full price now and get % on NEXT purchase. What if I don't like the pizza? Saving 50% on the next pizza might be OK on a enjoyment/value ratio but unfortunately I've already been ripped off by paying full price on the first purchase.

Businesses need to budget for promos if they want to drive business. Have a straight up 50% off deal or FREE promo and get ppl in the door is the way to go.
Lot of the Asian restaurants (recent examples Yang's, Hey Noodles, Katsuya etc) have been really pushing this mentality to drive business in the door via trial.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 14, 2008
703 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
gr8dlr wrote: I've already been ripped off
Man RFD can be **** entitled at times. What is wrong with you.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
11707 posts
6618 upvotes
Markham
ieGod wrote: Man RFD can be **** entitled at times. What is wrong with you.
Entitled definition:

believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

I was ONLY COMMENTING I don't like this type of promo.
I also don't like buy one get one 50% off promos which I see at a number of shoe stores. I only want/need to buy one pair of shoes. Just offer me 25% off instead which is more or less the same thing.

Why is that **** entitled?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 14, 2008
703 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
It's entitled precisely because of the whining about it not being a deal you want, not one that exists that you're not interested in.