• Jul 31st, 2020 11:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1770 posts
937 upvotes
Cambridge

Pikler Triangle

Can anyone recommend a good deal on one of these, somewhere around the Cambridge area? Possibly even driving to London or just Mississauga area for a pickup? A collapsible one.
8 replies
May 23, 2017
720 posts
468 upvotes
DarkMasterMX wrote: https://www.woodbyjl.com/

Got our triangle and learning tower from them. Were great to work with and do periodic deliveries to different areas.
Thanks for the great recommendation! Not OP but I've also been looking for a Pikler triangle and learning tower. Plus I'm in Ottawa so it's perfect, I can do local pickup. =)

I'm a pretty new parent (son is 4 months old) so I'm just curious are there other major items you'd highly recommend? The nesting rainbow puzzle on that site looks cool, I'm tempted to pick one up as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2611 posts
158 upvotes
Burlington
jk9088 wrote: Thanks for the great recommendation! Not OP but I've also been looking for a Pikler triangle and learning tower. Plus I'm in Ottawa so it's perfect, I can do local pickup. =)

I'm a pretty new parent (son is 4 months old) so I'm just curious are there other major items you'd highly recommend? The nesting rainbow puzzle on that site looks cool, I'm tempted to pick one up as well.
My wife really wanted the rainbow but for whatever reason didn't end up buying one.

The triangle is pretty sweet, allows you to adjust it a lot to different things. My kiddo likes to use the ramp piece as a slide and otherwise just crawls all over with different configurations.

The learning tower is awesome for our kid. He started climbing it himself a few months back and just makes it nice to keep him involved when we're cooking or just to isolate him for crafts etc...

Other than that it's really just randomly toys and pieces we've gotten over the last year, we try to cycle the toys weekly to make it fresh for him otherwise he starts getting bored.
May 23, 2017
720 posts
468 upvotes
DarkMasterMX wrote: My wife really wanted the rainbow but for whatever reason didn't end up buying one.

The triangle is pretty sweet, allows you to adjust it a lot to different things. My kiddo likes to use the ramp piece as a slide and otherwise just crawls all over with different configurations.

The learning tower is awesome for our kid. He started climbing it himself a few months back and just makes it nice to keep him involved when we're cooking or just to isolate him for crafts etc...

Other than that it's really just randomly toys and pieces we've gotten over the last year, we try to cycle the toys weekly to make it fresh for him otherwise he starts getting bored.
Thanks! So I take it you bought the "multi-fold triangle" rather than the regular Pikler triangle? I was debating between the two! Is the foldable one stable in all the different configurations? (I couldn't tell from the pictures how it locks into place.)
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2611 posts
158 upvotes
Burlington
jk9088 wrote: Thanks! So I take it you bought the "multi-fold triangle" rather than the regular Pikler triangle? I was debating between the two! Is the foldable one stable in all the different configurations? (I couldn't tell from the pictures how it locks into place.)
So from that site I linked they're held in place by a series of dowels and a large bolt on each side of the join. My brother's 7 year old bounces around it all the time when he visits and no concerns for stability.
IMG_20200710_085207.jpg
May 23, 2017
720 posts
468 upvotes
DarkMasterMX wrote: So from that site I linked they're held in place by a series of dowels and a large bolt on each side of the join. My brother's 7 year old bounces around it all the time when he visits and no concerns for stability.

IMG_20200710_085207.jpg
Great to hear, thank you! :)
Aug 11, 2015
5 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We got one from Out of the Woods Elora. Check them out on Facebook or Instagram. You will have to pick up. We got a pikler, ramp and rocker for $510. Relatively quick turnaround compared to some of the online websites.
Dec 24, 2007
136 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Also highly recommend Jordan at Woobyjl. We got a triangle with a climber and our son loves it! We had ours delivered to Toronto by his dad. I know they’re picking up in popularity now, which is great, but has made deliveries to the GTA more difficult I think. Sounds like they’re working on a solution though.