Expired Hot Deals

Pillitteri

12 bottles of Pillitteri Pinot Grigio market collection for $99 shipped to Ontario (sold out)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2021 12:13 am
[OP]
Aug 21, 2018
59 posts
56 upvotes

12 bottles of Pillitteri Pinot Grigio market collection for $99 shipped to Ontario (sold out)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Pillitteri
As part of their 12 days of Christmas, they have their case market collection pinot grigio for $99.60.

Usually sells for $20 a bottle.

Available to ship to other provinces, but shipping is not included.
Last edited by Stormzo on Dec 8th, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Mar 10, 2010
247 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary
I should have waited for this instead of the Black Friday Ice Wine deal.

12 full 750mL bottles for $99 is a steal
Nov 15, 2016
32 posts
29 upvotes
I'd consider it, but my black Friday UPS shipment still hasn't arrived to Edmonton...
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4548 posts
1831 upvotes
WFH
Oh, good find. That's at the price point of cheap boxed wine.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
1924 posts
2265 upvotes
West GTA
brung wrote: I should have waited for this instead of the Black Friday Ice Wine deal.

12 full 750mL bottles for $99 is a steal
They're totally different - you drink wine 5oz+ at a time, and icewine 1oz at a time. The icewine probably gives you more servings per bottle than table wine, so probably costs less per serving.

Personally I think that pinot grigio is a boring wine - it's super light bodied and tastes like nothing - and it's best suited for hot summer days, not really for winter months. I'll admit it's cheap here, though I'm not a big Pillitteri table wine fan.
Mar 10, 2010
247 posts
519 upvotes
Calgary
grumble wrote: They're totally different - you drink wine 5oz+ at a time, and icewine 1oz at a time. The icewine probably gives you more servings per bottle than table wine, so probably costs less per serving.

Personally I think that pinot grigio is a boring wine - it's super light bodied and tastes like nothing - and it's best suited for hot summer days, not really for winter months. I'll admit it's cheap here, though I'm not a big Pillitteri table wine fan.
I agree they're completely different but I bought it for a gift and I think the recipient would have enjoyed this pinot grigio vs the ice wine.
Nov 1, 2020
150 posts
263 upvotes
I've been buying a case of the Canadian Gothic for 99.60 every couple of months ever since I discovered it. I don't even bother with the LCBO for white wine anymore. Looking forward to trying this.
Dec 7, 2007
319 posts
205 upvotes
I am sorry, Off the topic. Just got the Black Friday IceWine yesterday. even I haven't tasted it yet. From bottle label and seal, I am a little disappointed. Last year, it was made in 2015, and sealed properly on the top. This year, it was made in 2013 and only have the wood cap without sealing outside. I am wondering why is selling 9 years old icewine this year not last year? Personally , I like last year product.
Sep 19, 2006
29 posts
5 upvotes
Last year, the late harvest vidal 12 bottles $99 was a great deal. Just wondering if there is a late harvest vidal deal this year.
May 12, 2020
158 posts
847 upvotes
sunflower123 wrote: Last year, the late harvest vidal 12 bottles $99 was a great deal. Just wondering if there is a late harvest vidal deal this year.
Stay tuned for more 12 Deals of Christmas if you want Vidal Select Late Harvest ;)

Cheers,

Jeff from Pillitteri
[OP]
Aug 21, 2018
59 posts
56 upvotes
Welcome Jeff to the chat! Haha

Out of curiosity, what's the difference with this one and the normal market collection?
Oct 2, 2015
338 posts
180 upvotes
Outremont, QC
JeffL63528 wrote: Stay tuned for more 12 Deals of Christmas if you want Vidal Select Late Harvest ;)

Cheers,

Jeff from Pillitteri
How dry is the Pinot Grigio in this deal? I've never tried anything from Pillitteri but I only know them for their painfully sweet ice wines.
May 12, 2020
158 posts
847 upvotes
Nimbusplane wrote: How dry is the Pinot Grigio in this deal? I've never tried anything from Pillitteri but I only know them for their painfully sweet ice wines.
This Pinot Grigio is a dry wine. It has about 6g/L of sugar.

Cheers,

Jeff from Pillitteri
May 12, 2020
158 posts
847 upvotes
Stormzo wrote: Welcome Jeff to the chat! Haha

Out of curiosity, what's the difference with this one and the normal market collection?
This Pinot Grigio is slightly drier, it was made specifically for our BarrelHead Wine Pizza Patio wood fired pizza restaurant at the winery. It was made to pair exceptionally well with food. We have some inventory left over from the end of the season so we are offering it to you. It is also in a different bottle, more of a restaurant style of presentation.

The grapes for this Pinot Grigio are the same as in our Market Collection Pinot Grigio, from the same vines.

just checked inventory and there are only 29 cases left.

Cheers,

Jeff from Pillitteri
[OP]
Aug 21, 2018
59 posts
56 upvotes
JeffL63528 wrote: This Pinot Grigio is slightly drier, it was made specifically for our BarrelHead Wine Pizza Patio wood fired pizza restaurant at the winery. It was made to pair exceptionally well with food. We have some inventory left over from the end of the season so we are offering it to you. It is also in a different bottle, more of a restaurant style of presentation.

The grapes for this Pinot Grigio are the same as in our Market Collection Pinot Grigio, from the same vines.

just checked inventory and there are only 29 cases left.

Cheers,

Jeff from Pillitteri

Thank you for the information Jeff! As always it's very appreciated Slightly Smiling Face.
Oct 2, 2015
338 posts
180 upvotes
Outremont, QC
In for one case. Need to fill up the new wine fridge. If it's any good, will add this winery to my list.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
2195 posts
799 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for sharing OP. Do we have a master thread for the daily deals? I don't want to miss it. Hoping to see a deal on a case of red.
Nov 24, 2010
86 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
What's the alcohol content on it - it's the only wine that doesn't have it stated on it's web page.
May 12, 2020
158 posts
847 upvotes
amadis wrote: What's the alcohol content on it - it's the only wine that doesn't have it stated on it's web page.
I just went and checked.

It is 12.5%

Cheers,

Jeff form Pillitteri