Expired Hot Deals

Pillitteri

Riesling Icewine - $99 for 6 Bottles (375ml)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2022 11:12 pm
May 14, 2001
485 posts
375 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP!

Just missed out on the BF Cabernet deal so this helps out for gift planning.
mmmmm BBQ! Chunder Time!
Nov 4, 2021
21 posts
7 upvotes
Surrey BC
How sweet are these
Deal Hunter.
Jul 3, 2021
121 posts
83 upvotes
Is this worth the $30 shipping to Alberta compared to finding something local? I’m not a wine person so have no idea in this space
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
17605 posts
8262 upvotes
echino wrote: Outside of Ontario, with $30 shipping, results in $21.50 per bottle. OK deal. But it was free shipping last year.
In the Black Friday thread, they mentioned they will ship up to (2) cases for $30. No idea if they will for this sale or not, but it at least helps with the shipping if they do. Give them a call and see if you're interested in that price.

If you're in a large city, I'm positive some RFDer would split (at cost of course).
Jul 3, 2021
121 posts
83 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: In the Black Friday thread, they mentioned they will ship up to (2) cases for $30. No idea if they will for this sale or not, but it at least helps with the shipping if they do. Give them a call and see if you're interested in that price.

If you're in a large city, I'm positive some RFDer would split (at cost of course).
Confirmed 2 cases is still $30 for shipping
Sep 12, 2014
20 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I ordered 18 of the Cab Franc Ice Wine during Black Friday.

They shipped 12 bottles vertically and 6 bottles horizontally (3 on a layer and 3 on a top layer). The vertical ones arrived just fine. The other box containing six had 1 bottle in the middle on the top layer break to shit.

The wine has stained and wrecked the labels on 4 of the other 5 bottles.

I've emailed Pilletteri - waiting on a response - but 5/6 bottles are absolutely ungiftable now.

Very disappointed as I was gifting them this week for my team and now I can't.

I ordered 18 of the dessert wine last year and they shipped in two vertical boxes - no clue why the change.
Images
  • IMG_2279.JPG
Last edited by Erome1 on Dec 5th, 2021 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 18, 2006
252 posts
232 upvotes
Burnaby
My friend in Surrey BC is willing to organize a group buy for two cases of this RIESLING ICEWINE for us. You may pick up the bottles at Guilford town centre mall at his convenient time.

One bottle comes to $19 exactly.

PM me the info listed below only if you are truely committed.

1. Forum alias, first name and cell phone#
2. # of bottles
3. All available pickup time slots during the week.
4. Exact change or Interact E-transfer

You will then receive a reply from me to confirm your participation. No pm reply means no participation. Check below for the remaining bottles available. Update daily.

Total remaining bottles available: 9
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2829 posts
949 upvotes
Thornhill
Anyone buy these in the past and kept it a couple years?
Sep 21, 2019
429 posts
923 upvotes
Bencherstyle wrote: Anyone buy these in the past and kept it a couple years?
The only other ones they sell for Reisling are 2015 and 2017 I believe. This is 2012. I would plan on consuming it in the next year. If it was a couple years sooner it would be an auto buy, but im a little hesitant because at a decade you have to hope it was stored at optimal conditions
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4957 posts
4532 upvotes
GTA
Bdot22 wrote: How sweet are these
Extremely sweet. If you can think about drinking cold honey with taste of alcohol in the background - this is it. Very good wine and it has some kick, but the sweetness is overwhelming. Tiny bottles too, one per wine glass. I was expecting full CASE OF WINE, and the thing I found on my porch was the size of Heineken 6pack.
Nov 23, 2011
106 posts
99 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
Tommy74 wrote: Extremely sweet. If you can think about drinking cold honey with taste of alcohol in the background - this is it. Very good wine and it has some kick, but the sweetness is overwhelming. Tiny bottles too, one per wine glass. I was expecting full CASE OF WINE, and the thing I found on my porch was the size of Heineken 6pack.
Ice wine is usually smaller because it takes a lot of grapes to make those tiny bottles. It’s a great price for the case if you compare to anything similar at the lcbo.
May 18, 2005
694 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
evilYoda wrote: It looks like a good deal. Just keep in mind ice wines have a best before date of around 10 years. This one is from 2012, so dont keep it around too long or it wont taste the same as it would this year.
The real MVP right here. Thanks for the tip. :).