Expired Hot Deals

Pillitteri

Riesling Icewine - $99 for 6 Bottles (375ml)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2022 11:12 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15339 posts
9895 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Rfdinyyc wrote: Is this worth the $30 shipping to Alberta compared to finding something local? I’m not a wine person so have no idea in this space
Depends if you have something local like Niagara On the Lake conditions ideal for Ice Wine https://us-keepexploring.canada.travel/ ... st-icewine

We actually drove by this winery yesterday for NOTL's Candlelight Stroll. From Google:

Have bought cases off them, but never been inside, reviews:
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/pillitteri-esta ... q=ice+wine
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1548 posts
1587 upvotes
I would grab this to try but my Black Friday order is MIA.

I’ll wait to see how long this takes.

Looks good though.
Sep 4, 2014
107 posts
45 upvotes
Calgary
MexicanPeso wrote: I would grab this to try but my Black Friday order is MIA.

I’ll wait to see how long this takes.

Looks good though.
Same here. I ordered the cabernet ice wine from black friday to Calgary with expected delivery last Friday but did not show up. Tracking changed the estimated delivery to "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible". Package was probably lost or damaged...
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2133 posts
2612 upvotes
West GTA
Riesling icewine is great - it tastes like a lemon drop, with a bit of acidity to help with the sweetness. I like it quite a bit, though I like Cabernet icewine more personally.

This deal is crazy cheap. Not sure if there is a catch but if it ships and is still good then great
Last edited by grumble on Dec 6th, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1279 posts
1015 upvotes
Montr
dfer43 wrote: Same here. I ordered the cabernet ice wine from black friday to Calgary with expected delivery last Friday but did not show up. Tracking changed the estimated delivery to "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible". Package was probably lost or damaged...
I guess the ship delay maybe normal but what is irritating is the mysterious nature of the status
Dec 1, 2009
27 posts
107 upvotes
Markham
I ordered on black Friday and got delivery in Toronto yesterday
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1880 posts
2635 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Extremely sweet. If you can think about drinking cold honey with taste of alcohol in the background - this is it. Very good wine and it has some kick, but the sweetness is overwhelming. Tiny bottles too, one per wine glass. I was expecting full CASE OF WINE, and the thing I found on my porch was the size of Heineken 6pack.
Christ you were pouring a full wine glass with this stuff?! You're supposed to only have a small glass
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3598 posts
2541 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Extremely sweet. If you can think about drinking cold honey with taste of alcohol in the background - this is it. Very good wine and it has some kick, but the sweetness is overwhelming. Tiny bottles too, one per wine glass. I was expecting full CASE OF WINE, and the thing I found on my porch was the size of Heineken 6pack.
has more sugar than a can of coke. You arent supposed to drink all 375ml in 1 sitting. Where's the enjoyment in drinking all of that?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4948 posts
4522 upvotes
GTA
evilYoda wrote: has more sugar than a can of coke. You arent supposed to drink all 375ml in 1 sitting. Where's the enjoyment in drinking all of that?
I start to enjoy it after 3 of these. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes What you want me to do? Drink 2 beers between sips?? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 31, 2020
45 posts
30 upvotes
Desperadude wrote: I guess the ship delay maybe normal but what is irritating is the mysterious nature of the status
Mine was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Arrived in Edmonton Friday.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 19, 2006
10522 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
Only 32 cases remaining
Last edited by Pochacco on Dec 5th, 2021 11:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Banned
Mar 3, 2021
707 posts
348 upvotes
I am NOT a drinker and this is one of the first wineries I visited with my ex when we got married, and we frequented it for Ice wine (I have a sweet tooth), as well as Jackson Triggs (fancy winery) and others close by.
AncasterRFD wrote: Depends if you have something local like Niagara On the Lake conditions ideal for Ice Wine https://us-keepexploring.canada.travel/ ... st-icewine

We actually drove by this winery yesterday for NOTL's Candlelight Stroll. From Google:

Have bought cases off them, but never been inside, reviews:
https://www.yelp.ca/biz/pillitteri-esta ... q=ice+wine
Aug 5, 2011
615 posts
362 upvotes
Amazing deal. Would have bought this if I hadn't already bought the Vidal on Cyber Monday.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1039 posts
1633 upvotes
I am in Markham. I have ordered from them twice before. Everything was hand delivered and packed properly. From ordering to reaching my door took no more than 5 days. I have ordered the white, late Harvest and ice wine.

They make the perfect gift l. It’s also great to support a local business and not a global behemoth.
Dec 12, 2019
760 posts
581 upvotes
Glad I didn't buy in 200ml last week. Bought 2 sets.
Any icewine expert here to kindly explain their wine variations? vidal, cabernet, riesling?
will be buying them as gift and try a couple of bottles with my family.
Dec 30, 2010
74 posts
103 upvotes
North York
Ordered several times previously, glad to support local business.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3598 posts
2541 upvotes
xxxibgdrgn wrote: Glad I didn't buy in 200ml last week. Bought 2 sets.
Any icewine expert here to kindly explain their wine variations? vidal, cabernet, riesling?
will be buying them as gift and try a couple of bottles with my family.
different types of grapes used to make ice wine. Vidal might wind up costing less than the other 2, but that type of grape has won awards in the past by other places. You get different fruit tastes depending on the grape used. vidal is tropical fruit tastes, carbernet is more like berries, riesling is a bit like lemon. Vidal is easiest to make.

None of this matters if the ice wine is beyond 10 years as all will taste like caramel. Or if the ice wine wasnt stored or transported properly which generates heat within the wine and destroys the delicate fruit tastes.

If you buy this one, you have likely 4-5 months of expected life span left on the wine. But 10 years is just a recognized figure and isnt set in stone.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1548 posts
1587 upvotes
dfer43 wrote: Same here. I ordered the cabernet ice wine from black friday to Calgary with expected delivery last Friday but did not show up. Tracking changed the estimated delivery to "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible". Package was probably lost or damaged...
Yeah, losing confidence for sure…
Images
  • 9CC2D3D6-CD7A-438D-909A-09157751A839.png

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)