4557 upvotes
Toronto

Vidal Late Harvest $99 for 12 bottles

Deal Link:
Price:
$99
Retailer:
Pillitteri
The Vidal Select Late Harvest - 12 Bottles $99 Boxing Day deal is still available online

This wine has a light straw colour in the glass with moderate viscosity. The nose shows notes of mango, peaches in syrup and pineapple. The palate is medium sweet but not cloying with flavours of ripe pear, golden delicious apple, peach and pineapple. The finish is clean with refreshing acidity. A versatile option for an aperitif, foie gras or with a light dessert.

Vintage: 2016
Volume: 375ml
Alcohol: 12%
Residual Sugar: 95g/L
Acidity: 8.8g/L

Includes Free Shipping in Ontario. Packaging may vary from clear glass and dark glass.

This is a special offer product. To purchase other Pillitteri wines please visit pillitteri.com.
-------------------------------------

I had asked RFD to unexpire this thread that was posted on December 26th but it looks like they are not planning to.

pillitteri-vidal-select-late-harvest-12 ... 9-2433046/

Also, there was a thread posted in the Boxing day forum with discussion but the boxing day forum link has been removed from RFD main page?

pillitteri-late-harvest-99-12-bottles-2432824/
Last edited by Pochacco on Feb 6th, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
69 replies
Oct 6, 2010
10 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Here we go again, bought 2 cases. Pocket not safe when it comes to these deals. Great tasting and free shipping to my house...I can drink it all! Or... I can give it out as gifts, ya?
Nov 10, 2016
44 posts
29 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Team Canada Vidal icewine is the same as the icewine that was on sale during Black Friday? I'm not seeing anything related to the vintage in the description and the picture is a bit to blurry to make out a year.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2123 posts
1119 upvotes
Montreal
If anyone is driving to downtown Montreal, I'll give you the $30 shipping that I'd pay otherwise. UPS has stopped shipping alcohol to Quebec. Loudly Crying Face
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Fido CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 2gb $33/month
3 Logitech X-230 Speakers (150% PM at Staples) = $13 each (I bought 3!)[/B]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1507 posts
824 upvotes
pulsedaemon wrote: Does anyone know if the Team Canada Vidal icewine is the same as the icewine that was on sale during Black Friday? I'm not seeing anything related to the vintage in the description and the picture is a bit to blurry to make out a year.
Although I am not sure of the exact differences the Black Friday was a "Market Collection" sold by the case, 2015 and noted
" The Market Collection Vidal Icewine is rich and aromatic with notes of honey, candied orange peel, peach, and apricot. The palate follows with intense flavours of pineapple, lychee, and honey"

The Team Canada comes in individually boxed bottles and notes
"aromas of fresh pineapple, apricot, lychee, honey and candied lemon with a slightly floral feel"

maybe give them a call or email to double check the vintage
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4969 posts
1603 upvotes
This stuff is even better than ice wine IMO
Just the right sweetness and viscosity
And miles cheaper than ice wine too!

Real ice wine is like drinking thick oversweet syrup
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1901 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone bought this and the late harvest Riesling? How does it compare to the Riesling? I liked the late harvest Riesling, but wasn't a huge fan of the Vidal ice wine. Not sure if it was just because of the sweetness.
May 12, 2020
100 posts
571 upvotes
pulsedaemon wrote: Does anyone know if the Team Canada Vidal icewine is the same as the icewine that was on sale during Black Friday? I'm not seeing anything related to the vintage in the description and the picture is a bit to blurry to make out a year.
The Team Canada Vidal Icewine is NOT the same Icewine that was on sale for Black Friday. The Team Canada Vidal Icewine is 2017 Vintage. It has received a Gold Medal from the Intarnational wine Challenge where it scored 95 points.

https://www.internationalwinechallenge. ... wid=153923

This Icewine comes in 200ml which is smaller than the standard 375ml but is enough for 4 nice glasses of Icewine.

Additionally $1 from the sale of each bottle of the Team Canada Vidal Icewine goes to the Canadian Olympic Foundation to support Canadian athletics.

Cheers,
Jeff from Pillitteri
Nov 10, 2016
44 posts
29 upvotes
JeffL63528 wrote: The Team Canada Vidal Icewine is NOT the same Icewine that was on sale for Black Friday. The Team Canada Vidal Icewine is 2017 Vintage. It has received a Gold Medal from the Intarnational wine Challenge where it scored 95 points.

https://www.internationalwinechallenge. ... wid=153923

This Icewine comes in 200ml which is smaller than the standard 375ml but is enough for 4 nice glasses of Icewine.

Additionally $1 from the sale of each bottle of the Team Canada Vidal Icewine goes to the Canadian Olympic Foundation to support Canadian athletics.

Cheers,
Jeff from Pillitteri
I had ordered the Team Canada Vidal Icewine and just received my shipment. I noticed it actually contained bottles of Icewine Cabernet Franc. I am fine with having received this but I was just wondering if this was a mistake.
May 12, 2020
100 posts
571 upvotes
pulsedaemon wrote: I had ordered the Team Canada Vidal Icewine and just received my shipment. I noticed it actually contained bottles of Icewine Cabernet Franc. I am fine with having received this but I was just wondering if this was a mistake.
Hi,

That was a big mistake. sorry about that. Can you email winery@pillitteri.com a picture of the Icewine you received and how it was packed in the box. someone at the winery will address this error immediately.

Thanks,
Oct 24, 2010
362 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
I just received my shipment and took a few sips of this golden lychees/peechy juice.. Oh my...

I could never get into ice wines but was always a huge fan of late harvest. At this price point, I think I've found my new love.

Just placed an order for another 12 bottles.
Also waiting for gothic white. (Maybe they can deliver them at the same time to save $)

At this rate, I will be opening up a coffee and wine tasting room.
Oct 24, 2010
362 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Purplecloud4484 wrote: What is the expiry date on these?
Don't think wines have them.(if corked properly and stored properly, it should last a very long time)
All wines add sulphites to preserve them which is also the compound that give you that nasty hangovers when you drink too much wine.

My bottles say 2016 Vidal select late harvest so definitely not in 5 years if anything. :)
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3226 posts
148 upvotes
Toronto
For those that bought this, would it be comparable or good for someone who likes moscato? Bought the ice wine previously thinking that it would be similar enough but was very wrong lol
Telus: $45 25GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Oct 24, 2010
362 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Pyro wrote: For those that bought this, would it be comparable or good for someone who likes moscato? Bought the ice wine previously thinking that it would be similar enough but was very wrong lol
Best way to explain it is to imagine you have a glass of ice wine and you added some water to it.

In terms of its sweetness, if ice wine is 10, then late harvest would be like 7, I'd say late autumn/gewertramier is like 4 and Riesling is like 2.5.
I'm not an expert but that's just based on my scale.
Plus,
Ice wine and late harvest are more sweet desert wine and rest I mentioned are regular white wine types.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1726 posts
855 upvotes
Laval
And how does it compare with the Late Harvest Cabernet which I really enjoy?
Oct 2, 2016
494 posts
175 upvotes
I am a total noob in wines. Is this icewine? Does it taste very sweet? Or does it taste like red wines which are not sweet?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5104 posts
1454 upvotes
Toronto
How are these 12 bottles packaged? May be good to give individual bottle away as gifts..
Jul 2, 2014
44 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP
Just bought it.....