• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2016 10:34 am
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Pillow recommendations?

Been a while since I last upgraded my pillows. What brands and materials do you guys recommend? Mostly a side sleeper if that makes any difference.
7 replies
Jan 21, 2013
292 posts
39 upvotes
Im a fan of contour memory foam, u can buy them pretty much anywhere for about $20- im a side & stomach sleeper.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5116 posts
984 upvotes
T.
ammaretto007 wrote: Im a fan of contour memory foam, u can buy them pretty much anywhere for about $20- im a side & stomach sleeper.
Agreed. I will never have anything other than a MF pillow.
Penalty Box
Nov 23, 2012
1451 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
forget the pillow and try what I do. Sleep suspended in a liquid salt bath. It is the way of the future.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3926 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Everyone is different when it comes to pillows. These days many pillows are "high". I have purchased a number of pillows and can't use any of them. I need a flat type of pillow. I ask at every bedding place I see and am always told how many requests they have on a daily basis for a flatter type of pillow.

I did finally find a couple at Hudson's Bay. They are the thinnest I have seen - not washable, but with covers (they are the gel ones). The store clerk told me she has the same issue and then 2 women behind me went and purchased the same pillows. They were 2 for the price of one. I have 2 others in the closet for future use - they were 50% off each. I decided to buy the extra two so I would have back-ups.

I have the same pillow that I purchased 2 years ago at a different store - I can't use it - it is the Medium pillow and just too high. Who knows, it might be my long neck. I am also a side sleeper.

I absolutely cannot use any of the pillows my husband uses - and he sure as heck can't sleep on mine.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
tungustungus wrote: forget the pillow and try what I do. Sleep suspended in a liquid salt bath. It is the way of the future.
Good one lol :D
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
728 posts
228 upvotes
Prince Albert, Sask.
Picked up a Memory Foam Coolux Gel Pillow for $29, regularly $99 @ Leon's. Today is the last day of the sale.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1595 posts
1983 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Magoo61 wrote: Picked up a Memory Foam Coolux Gel Pillow for $29, regularly $99 @ Leon's. Today is the last day of the sale.
Missed the sale. :(

Has anyone tried these GelCool pillows from Sleep Country? They're BOGO but the reviews are mixed.