Expired Hot Deals

Pilot Coffee Roasters - Birthday Sale (20% off, today only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2020 11:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7578 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto

Pilot Coffee Roasters - Birthday Sale (20% off, today only)

Deal Link:
Savings:
20.09% off
Expiry:
May 5, 2020
Support your local coffee roaster! Pilot Coffee Roaster (based out of Toronto, Ontario) is offering 20.09% off coffee beans to celebrate its birthday. Discount valid for today only.

Discount is automatically applied after adding to cart, and free shipping over $30.

Sizes available in 340g & 2.1kg, and whole bean or ground.

Great deal from one of the top roasters in Ontario. I'll be getting 2 bags of lighter roasts to continue my endless supply of caffeine intake.
Last edited by trixR4kids on May 5th, 2020 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
151 replies
Jan 14, 2015
23 posts
18 upvotes
East York, ON
Free shipping over $30. Too bad I just stocked up last week.
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
Never had this coffee, which bean do people enjoy in their espresso machines?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4577 posts
2676 upvotes
PanchoVilla wrote: Never had this coffee, which bean do people enjoy in their espresso machines?
Buy them all!

It's good, but any coffee is great when it's freshly roasted. I've been rotating between these local roasters and just enjoying variety, it feels like visiting different coffee shops.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7092 posts
155 upvotes
Nepean
kinda wish they have a size in between ...
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11555 posts
1501 upvotes
Anyone know if you can pickup in store for sale price? Doesn't seem to say. I see they have Uber eats as an option for pickup in store but prices are higher on there.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7092 posts
155 upvotes
Nepean
the sign up 10% off does not stack
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2006
1564 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations for medium or light roast beans? I need something that's not too oily for my machine.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44948 posts
5523 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jindogae wrote: Any recommendations for medium or light roast beans? I need something that's not too oily for my machine.
The Heritage is their classic, medium blend. Recommend starting with that if you're new to Pilot.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1593 posts
356 upvotes

TL;DW: Freeze your beans in air tight portions (1-2 week portions, so possibly one 340g bag at a time). The night before you want to use them, take them out of the freezer to defrost on your counter to reduce the amount of condensation when you do open them the next morning. Also, do NOT re-freeze them
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2108 posts
3261 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered! Always been a fan of Pilot and their beans.
Sep 23, 2005
387 posts
214 upvotes
Toronto
I really like my coffee, but does this seem really expensive to anyone else?

If my maths are correct, for most blends @ $105/2.1kg - 20.09%, that works out to $18.14/lb. Kicking Horse on Amazon S&S is $8.49/lb. I realize that this is local and "artisan", but is worth more than twice the price of some already "pretty good" coffee?

Not criticising, just looking for honest opinions from coffee drinkers who have tried both.
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
Damn, with two bags i'm $0.04 under $30 lol... I have to reconfigure my order now....
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1044 posts
676 upvotes
Montreal
lostinpangea wrote: I really like my coffee, but does this seem really expensive to anyone else?

If my maths are correct, for most blends @ $105/2.1kg - 20.09%, that works out to $18.14/lb. Kicking Horse on Amazon S&S is $8.49/lb. I realize that this is local and "artisan", but is worth more than twice the price of some already "pretty good" coffee?

Not criticising, just looking for honest opinions from coffee drinkers who have tried both.
Waaay better than KH. Pilot and Detour are the better roasters in Ontario.

I suggest trying out a bag to see if you think it’s worth the extra money.
Jan 11, 2004
273 posts
162 upvotes
lostinpangea wrote: I really like my coffee, but does this seem really expensive to anyone else?

Yes for me it is very much worth it. Kicking Horse tastes like horse piss compared to fresh locally roasted IMO.
Nov 16, 2018
20 posts
22 upvotes
Would def jump on this if I didn't just order 2 bags from detour and have a full bag of coffee on hand already.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44948 posts
5523 upvotes
Richmond Hill

It's worth it with the right set up. With a $30 coffee machine and a $15 blade grinder, there's barely any difference. With a $300 espresso machine and a $100 burr grinder, it makes all the difference.

Kicking Horse are my "backup" beans. I splurge on premium beans like this from time to time, and bridge the times I don't have them with KH, Ethical, etc.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware