Birthday Sale: Save 20% on entire coffee lineup

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% off
Expiry:
May 5, 2021
Retailer:
Pilot Coffee Roasters
Pilot Coffee is having another sale, save 20% on their entire coffee lineup.

As with other coffee roasters posts, please do not post "how does this compare to Tim Hortons"

Thanks!
38 replies
May 20, 2019
148 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto
A local coffee shop near my house use their beans. I personally love it.
...what is life if not Jr. Chicken with free tomatoes...
Nov 17, 2013
168 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto, ON
When would this be roasted? Is it fresh to order?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7792 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto
Upvoted because... coffee!

Pilot usually does an excellent job shipping (received within a week) and roasting date within the last 2 weeks.
Personal go to is Monument (chocolate, molasses) if you enjoy full body taste.
I would recommend exploring and grabbing a single origin bag also as these roasters usually do an incredible job sourcing from regions based on season.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2012
2519 posts
4103 upvotes
Toronto
My favourite roasters in the city. I love sampling their single origins. Currently brewing the Catalan de las Mercedes at home - 3rd time I've gotten it since they started selling them in March. I did the Las Palmas as well last month and it was decent.

I find it funny that when I go in person sometimes I see 1-2 week old roast dates, but when I order online I've always gotten bags with the roast date the day before.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5739 posts
2706 upvotes
Ancaster
Thanks OP, perfect timing! I was down to my last bag.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46085 posts
6576 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looks like the checkout is a bit buggy this morning - I had ordered from them many times in the past without hiccups.

Kept telling me missing shipping address, billing address is incomplete, etc... I found that just being persistent and clicking on the submit/checkout button eventually helped. Probably something buggy with the field binding.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1261 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
MaxMartin wrote: When would this be roasted? Is it fresh to order?
Depends on the store and the bean I think. I was just at the Ossington location and picked up a bag of Las Palmas, which has a roast date of May 3rd, and a bag of Catalan De Las Mercedes, which has a roast date of Apr 29. You can find the roast date on the bottom of their label. So, it's very fresh. I'm going to let them degas for a few days before I start using them.
Jul 11, 2009
739 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
Sluml0rd wrote: Pilot Coffee is having another sale, save 20% on their entire coffee lineup.

As with other coffee roasters posts, please do not post "how does this compare to Tim Hortons"

Thanks!
how's it compare to McDonalds?Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

Thanks OP, was waiting for this. gonna pickup 2x 340g bags.

no prob with checkout process for me. had login creds saved in web browser, and all checkout info was pre-populated. ordering was as simple as amazon.
Last edited by JimU on May 5th, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
2032 posts
1879 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: Looks like the checkout is a bit buggy this morning - I had ordered from them many times in the past without hiccups.

Kept telling me missing shipping address, billing address is incomplete, etc... I found that just being persistent and clicking on the submit/checkout button eventually helped. Probably something buggy with the field binding.
Auto-complete was causing the issues for me. Once I re-typed the same info all was well in the world

How does this compare to McDonalds tho? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Last edited by aviator_13 on May 5th, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 11, 2009
739 posts
632 upvotes
Toronto
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Which flavours are your favourites?
which roasts? I like monument, its a medium/light roast and find its molasses note description accurate. lately i've also started liking roasts with citrus type notes. my all-time favourite was Red Bourbon from like 2015 or so, that vintage had "cherry" and "cola" tasting notes. hasn't been as good since that vintage.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1730 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
JimU wrote: which roasts? I like monument, its a medium/light roast and find its molasses note description accurate. lately i've also started liking roasts with citrus type notes. my all-time favourite was Red Bourbon from like 2015 or so, that vintage had "cherry" and "cola" tasting notes. hasn't been as good since that vintage.
Based on your opinion, would you get their whole beans and grind yourself (so it's more fresh) or grounded ones?
MechanicalMan64
Mar 15, 2007
559 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
If my wife hadn't just bought me a bunch of new coffee to try for our anniversary I'd be all over this. We like their Heritage blend the best.

If you have a decent to good grinder you should definitely buy whole bean. If not you should probably have them grind it for you, just make sure to store it properly and start using it right away.
Nov 2, 2007
306 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
How does their Heritage blend compare to Hale espresso blend?
Dec 15, 2013
143 posts
155 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thanks OP plus free shipping over $30
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1656 posts
2000 upvotes
are the prices "listed" already 20% off? There no coupon code to add? Nm. Went I went to next screen it canged.