Automotive

Pioneer Bonus Bucks changing to Journie Rewards?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 3:59 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1797 posts
477 upvotes
Markham
I'd also like to know if there's a promo code. Also, I'd like to know if the ppl in charge of creating promo code lines realize that many people stop their process to look for a promo code...
Tesla uses referral links, so people don't hesitate to complete their orders because of a blank promo code line...(I've never ordered a Tesla, before, so correct me, if I'm wrong).
[inappropriate signature]
Jun 5, 2007
15 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
haha..I came to RFD looking for a promo code as well after I saw it on the registration page. I'll wait a while before completing the registration I guess.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1245 posts
1016 upvotes
Check your email from Pioneer Energy on February 19th,
titled...
Journie is here

There is an offer to get additional 300 bonus points with the unique promo code enclosed...16 digit code, plus you also score 2 free rewards
and instant gas savings...

ymmv?
Dec 13, 2019
2 posts
I got my first reward on Journie, for the 75 points category - I have the option between a mini bottle of Coke, a Cliff bar, or 20 extra points.

And I'm just spending out my Bonus Bucks - they don't transfer to Journie points (you can use them on gas, or on car washes, or other things too - but car washes are cheaper if you use Bonus Bucks, so that's a good deal)
Sep 7, 2004
224 posts
11 upvotes
Southern Ontario
values99club wrote: Check your email from Pioneer Energy on February 19th,
titled...
Journie is here

There is an offer to get additional 300 bonus points with the unique promo code enclosed...16 digit code, plus you also score 2 free rewards
and instant gas savings...

ymmv?
I got the email with the 300 point code but signed up for Journie already. The email doesn't say the code can only be used during sign up. Any idea how to use it post sign up? I've emailed Journie support but haven't heard back.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1245 posts
1016 upvotes
Cheap Dave wrote: I got the email with the 300 point code but signed up for Journie already. The email doesn't say the code can only be used during sign up. Any idea how to use it post sign up? I've emailed Journie support but haven't heard back.
Hopefully, support can help you!

*Program Terms and Conditions apply. JOURNIE Rewards can be earned and redeemed at any participating Chevron, Ultramar and Pioneer stations for all qualifying transactions. Please visit Journie.ca for full JOURNIE Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

** From January 13th - April 30th 2020, all registration and promotional bonuses will be awarded to those members who complete registration and/or validate their JOURNIE account and use their unique promo code during the promotion period. Bonus points will be added to your JOURNIE Rewards account within 24 hours of enrollment completion. This promotion maybe terminated at any time
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5522 posts
2958 upvotes
If you have Bonus Bucks, you can get journie points if you pay in store.

Buy 20 Liters at 1.00/L and use say $20.00 Bucks and you still get 20 points.

These 75 and 150 points "freebies" are to just get people in the store. (Obviously) 20 or 30 points are worth less than $0.50 if the save $0.07/L after 300 points is the only possible big reward.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4539 posts
611 upvotes
Scarborough
Sanforized wrote: These are the 75 point and 150 point rewards you can choose from if anyone is interested.
Is that the app or website?
App doesn't show descriptions
Was sure if it was a gift of points or they'd donate points on my behalf or something :facepalm:
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2460 posts
1372 upvotes
Ontario
I finally got an email about it, but it said nothing about a 300 point bonus etc. It was very simple email.
The Bonus Bucks program is being replaced by JOURNIE Rewards. The JOURNIE Rewards program will officially launch at local Pioneer stations near you by the end of February 2020.

Once JOURNIE Rewards is launched, you will not be able to earn Bonus Bucks but can redeem until August 31, 2020.

Thank you again for being a member of Bonus Bucks. Visit Journie.ca for program details.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Feb 18, 2014
505 posts
303 upvotes
renoldman wrote: With the new program

It seems like 1 Litre = 1 point and after 300 points, you earn a discount of $0.07/L on your next fill up.

Better make sure that you need a big fill up.

It says they will have other rewards at 75 and 150 points, but nothing mentioned so far.

If you fuel up 50L, you are going to save $3.50 with 300 points, if you only fuel up 30L, you would save $2.10

Under the old rewards program, Fueling up 50L a time, 300L would get you $2.40 over 6 visits. SAVE $1.10 more in new program. (46% more)
Under the old rewards program, Fueling up 30L a time, 300L would get you $2.00 over 10 visits. SAVE $0.10 more in new program. (5% more)

So, it seems, you are better either way.

With in-store purchases, Assuming $5 purchase .... and going 10 times.

Old program $5 purchase = $0.25 per visit ..... $0.25*10 = $2.50 in rewards.
New Program $5 purchase = 10 points per visit ..... 10 points*10 visits = 100 in points = 1/3 to $0.07/L discount. If Using for 50L = $3.50/3 = $1.17 or for 30L = $2.10/3 = $0.70

That means the reward for in-store purchases has been cut by 53% to 72%

Basically, the program is better than the old program for fuel purchases, but a big slap in the face for in-store purchase.

Realistically, you are only looking at 1% rewards.

For me, Pioneer is cheaper than other brands for the most part, so "Rewards" is just an added bonus.

If you live near a Costco, than maybe you know when it is slow. For me, waiting 30 minutes to save less than $3 per fuel up is not worth it.
It depends what grade of fuel you use, I always use/have to use 91 and under the old program I would get $7.20 during 6 visits but under the new program I'll only get $3.50.

The only reason why I use Pioneer is because there spread for premium fuel is much less then Shell and Petro.
Shell charges .27 for Premium, Petro is abit lower at .23, and Pioneer is at .18.
Oct 22, 2007
413 posts
719 upvotes
Markham
I got the promo code email, but had already signed up. I sent an email off to customer service about a week ago and finally heard back today. They credited the account with the 300 points. It was hard to tell because it looked like nothing had happened, but at the bottom it said I had 30 days to use a reward (although it did not say WHAT that reward was).

So I got 1 fuel reward, plus the 75 point unlock bonus, and the 150 point unlock bonus. I picked the 20 and 30 bonus points. I also got a bonus of 75 points for signing up before April something, and a 75 point bonus for opt-ing in to emails. Those 150 bonus points also unlocked me the 2 tiered rewards again.

So 300 + 75 + 75 + 20 + 30 + 20 + 30 = 550. Which is 50 points shy of getting a second fuel reward.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2460 posts
1372 upvotes
Ontario
At 300 points how long do you get 7¢/L off for, just that next fill? Their website sucks badly. It said I had 7 days to redeem the 150 points I had today but now looking at it it says 30 days?! Garbage...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Oct 22, 2007
413 posts
719 upvotes
Markham
You get 7c off for the next full up, so make sure it's a full tank. We have 2 cards, one for each car, so we will make sure to use the fuel discount on what ever car will get more gas.

I think the 2 reward tiers you have 7 days to select a reward, but 30 days to use your gas discount. The website is not very well done, but on the little graphic that says 30 days, did it show a picture of a fuel pump? I noticed that after, the fuel pump graphic vs the reward tiers graphic.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2460 posts
1372 upvotes
Ontario
At least their customer service is fast:
Pretty lame still if it's only for the next fill-up (unless your driving a truck or always let your tank go empty.)
Thank you for contacting JOURNIE Rewards!

JOURNIE works on a tier basis.

75 points: 1st reward

150 points: 2nd reward

300 points: $0.07/L discount

You start at 0 points. Every time you fill up, you earn 1 point for every Litre. You also earn 2 points for every $1 spent on a merchandise from the participating gas station. Once you pass 300 points, the cycle automatically goes back to 0 points. That is your indication that a $0.07 per litre discount has been unlocked for up to 100 L. You have up to 30 days to go claim your fuel discount.

You have 7 days to make a choice of 1 out of 3 items for your first (75 points) and second reward (150 points). You have a choice between merchandise or bonus points. Kindly note, points do not reset once you have selected a reward. Once you have made your choice, you have up to 30 days to go claim your prize (if merchandise selected). The bonus point gets applied right away when selected as the prize.

The $0.07 per litre discount at 300 points automatically unlocks and is available for up to 30 days. On your next fuel purchase, fill up your gas tank, scan your JOURNIE card and pay the difference!
Last edited by IcarusLSC on Mar 8th, 2020 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Jun 29, 2004
217 posts
21 upvotes
This new program is nonsense - 30 days to use your fuel reward ..“no pressure there :(
:D
Oct 22, 2007
413 posts
719 upvotes
Markham
Sanforized wrote: I didn’t realize that the 7 cents off reward was automatically applied on your next fill so it redeemed on a $20 tank for me. Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell the cashier that you want to save it for a future fill?
Nope, no way to delay it. It's automatically applied and they can't change it. If you don't always get a full tank, just get a second card and stagger them so they don't get the discount at the same time. Just save the one with the discount until you are getting a full tank, you have 30 days.

Not the best, but it's a good work around.
Jul 13, 2008
23045 posts
13637 upvotes
GTA
mikeconic wrote: Nope, no way to delay it. It's automatically applied and they can't change it. If you don't always get a full tank, just get a second card and stagger them so they don't get the discount at the same time. Just save the one with the discount until you are getting a full tank, you have 30 days.

Not the best, but it's a good work around.
Lesson learned for next time. That’s an interesting strategy on using a second card that could actually work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)