Automotive

Pioneer Bonus Bucks changing to Journie Rewards?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2020 3:59 pm
Sep 7, 2004
226 posts
16 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Sanforized wrote: I didn’t realize that the 7 cents off reward was automatically applied on your next fill so it redeemed on a $20 tank for me. Does anyone know if there’s a way to tell the cashier that you want to save it for a future fill?
I didn't realize this either and thought the rewards had disappeared from my account.

Also didn't realize that the 7c/litre rewards will be stacked. I had two of them and they were both automatically applied to my last purchase of 50 litres for a savings of just over $7.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2738 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
Cheap Dave wrote: I didn't realize this either and thought the rewards had disappeared from my account.

Also didn't realize that the 7c/litre rewards will be stacked. I had two of them and they were both automatically applied to my last purchase of 50 litres for a savings of just over $7.
Stacked as in 0.14/L off?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2738 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
Cool, that is good to know as well.
Oct 22, 2007
535 posts
914 upvotes
Markham
IcarusLSC wrote: Cool, that is good to know as well.
But that likely will never happen again. It's because of the 300 bonus points. The only way it could happen again is if you filled up for 300+ litres.

Also fyi the 7¢ discount on the next fill up is for a max of 150 litres.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2738 posts
1651 upvotes
Ontario
It's 100L, see my post about 10 up... ^
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
----------
Last edited by drz400 on Jul 25th, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
IcarusLSC wrote: Stacked as in 0.14/L off?
Stacks with the cibc offer of 3 cents off too.
I received .17/L off on my full tank!
May 7, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
This new program is awful. I have went to Pioneer for literally over 20 years - I like the bonus bucks program - it was fair and not time limited. This one is difficult to use and actually get discounts. Plus the time limited thing for gift rewards is ridiculous. Well - my loyalty just ended. I will now just use Gas buddy and go get the cheapest gas because that will be more savings and also automatic.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4669 posts
752 upvotes
Scarborough
What's so hard about it? For the lesser rewards I always just pick the bonus points. No way am I gonna claim a water bottle or cliff bar lol
In the years I was using the previous rewards system I never had a chance to claim other than to the final cashout
To each their own I guess
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Oct 22, 2006
177 posts
104 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone got an error when they try to link to their cibc account?
Aug 10, 2011
63 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
bbgunner wrote: Anyone got an error when they try to link to their cibc account?
Worked just fine when I set it up last night.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2115 posts
1929 upvotes
Ontario
Did not receive an email that the Pioneer Bonus Bucks were changing.

I have had BB for more than 5 years and never redeemed any points as I was not sure how.
I stopped going to Pioneer when I got the Canadian Tire Triangle CC with 5 cents off a litre.

I tried to go onto my online BB account to see the total rewards and I could not get on.
I wonder if there is an expiry time after your last visit, i.e. after 1 year of no activity your balance disappears.
I was hoping to cash out before August 31 but it may be too late for me.
Anyone with information would be appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
profile wrote: Did not receive an email that the Pioneer Bonus Bucks were changing.

I have had BB for more than 5 years and never redeemed any points as I was not sure how.
I stopped going to Pioneer when I got the Canadian Tire Triangle CC with 5 cents off a litre.

I tried to go onto my online BB account to see the total rewards and I could not get on.
I wonder if there is an expiry time after your last visit, i.e. after 1 year of no activity your balance disappears.
I was hoping to cash out before August 31 but it may be too late for me.
Anyone with information would be appreciated.
Go to Pioneer ...

#1 ask to scan your card and the attendant can print you a receipt with your balance

#2 fill up and go inside to redeem BB via the attendant

Yes, all before Aug 31st :)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2115 posts
1929 upvotes
Ontario
mzmoney wrote: Go to Pioneer ...

#1 ask to scan your card and the attendant can print you a receipt with your balance

#2 fill up and go inside to redeem BB via the attendant

Yes, all before Aug 31st :)
Thanks, much appreciate you sharing your knowledge!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
profile wrote: Thanks, much appreciate you sharing your knowledge!
Sure, no worries! Since you have lots of BB, if your Pioneer has a car wash, gas Fuel Pump and clean car too.
Jul 29, 2016
251 posts
222 upvotes
For those who are interested... you can stack up to FIVE (5) $0.07 fuel discount rewards at a time for max $0.35 off fuel (per litre), OR $0.38 off fuel (per litre) if you have CIBC credit card linked.

I had 6 and was hoping all 6 would stack but nope, system would only take 5 and the 6th one is left on my account for a future use.
Toronto Raptors 2018-2019 NBA Champions
Oct 22, 2007
535 posts
914 upvotes
Markham
Just got to my latest 75L reward, and it's different now. I have the option of pack of gum (Excel spearmint), 50g caramilk bar, or 66g bag of lays chips.

There does not seem to be an option to get extra points instead, which was my go to before. Not sure of what the 150L reward is if it has changed.

I have never selected a physical item before, and couldn't really find reliable info on the journie site, can I redeem it at any location?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23017 posts
6890 upvotes
Scarberia
cheap gasAF! pioneer usually has the lowest gas prices imo! esp like 12am-4am hrs , now with cibc DIV card and journie , can save another 7c a litre?
also to maximize the pts, get two Journie cards? one physical and one linked to cibc cc/phone app? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)