Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

PIPO X8 Windows8.1 Android4.4 Dual Boot Intel Z3736F Quad Core Mini PC 7"Tablet HDMI

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2015 10:08 am
Tags:
None
28 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5750 posts
1785 upvotes
Toronto
price in title ALWAYS
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
This device appeared in hot deals a few times before, but appears to be different deals individually, not the exact same one

http://www.redflagdeals.com/search/#!/q ... forums/p=1

Having said that, seems like $140~ is pretty much the regular price for this device. While it is not a bad deal, I wouldn't considers it "hot".

In my personal experience these devices work great as HTPC. They runs Youtube or Netflix flawlessly driving an external 1080p device. Run Twitch fine as well. Not sure about flex decoding but shouldn't be too challenging for that.

Overheating is the biggest concern overall, but I haven't run into too much problem running those devices. They are oddly reliable.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2005
1716 posts
1081 upvotes
Vancouver
Which one is better? Pipo X8 or an Amazon Fire TV with Kodi?
I'll Keep It Short and Sweet. Family, Religion, Friendship ... These Are the Three Demons You Must Slay if You Wish to Succeed in Business
Jan 15, 2010
492 posts
276 upvotes
It's pre-sale everywhere, except from one of the AliExpress seller.

I ordered from that seller and got it shipped. But I really doubt if the seller shipped the right one. Because technically this model has not arrived on market yet.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3390 posts
725 upvotes
Winnipeg
I ordered from ******** when they had the pre-order for less than US$110, but changed my mind (and cancelled) when I saw the less than US$150 10 inch tablet... I already have a Pipo X7 and it's a great buy at US$89 (presale) and I'm guessing a lot more of these will probably come out with better hardware, options, etc...
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5820 posts
3077 upvotes
Winnipeg
lets wait for the RFD resident expert in Chinese tablets...
Banned
Sep 13, 2012
2673 posts
786 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: lets wait for the RFD resident expert in Chinese tablets...
This is a step ladder, not a tablet.

Otherwise the hardware is decent and the maker has a good track record.
Aim to be a better man than you were, rather than best those around you.
-Uncredited
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2004
5161 posts
1224 upvotes
Beware. They give you a favourable exchange rate and at checkout, they switch back to US dollars and charge you A LOT more than the CDN dollars they display.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1720 posts
1086 upvotes
Really wish this had USB 3.0 and internal space for a hard drive... Its already clunky as hell, so why not add a bit more space for an internal drive?(and if not, the extra space for airflow would prob. help out a lot)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9369 posts
11335 upvotes
I didn't bother paying for DHL shipping this time for this item since I wasn't in a rush to get it. According to the tracking it will be delivered sometime today (hopefully). Ill post an unboxing in the next few days followed with a video review of it after approx a week of usage.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2560 posts
769 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: I didn't bother paying for DHL shipping this time for this item since I wasn't in a rush to get it. According to the tracking it will be delivered sometime today (hopefully). Ill post an unboxing in the next few days followed with a video review of it after approx a week of usage.
Please tell me if you have a very loud hissing noise from the internal speaker when running on Android without connecting into the HDMI port.

Other then the Hissing noise in Android, everything is excellent!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
9369 posts
11335 upvotes
Rooster wrote: Please tell me if you have a very loud hissing noise from the internal speaker when running on Android without connecting into the HDMI port.

Other then the Hissing noise in Android, everything is excellent!
You mean Hissing like low level background noise?
Oct 10, 2012
900 posts
280 upvotes
thanks. I might order this for my bro.
PSN: SUPRSAYN
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2560 posts
769 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: You mean Hissing like low level background noise?
You will definitely hear it once you are in android without an HDMI connected to the unit.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2560 posts
769 upvotes
Wizard1 wrote: You mean Hissing like low level background noise?
You will definitely hear it once you are in android without an HDMI connected to the unit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)