Automotive

Wiper blade came loose and the arm left a scratch on wind shield, possible to fix?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 19th, 2018 1:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4372 posts
1260 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON

Wiper blade came loose and the arm left a scratch on wind shield, possible to fix?

While driving on the weekend, a sheet of ice flew off the car infront of me, and some landed on my windshield, so i was already had the wipers on to clean the water residue on my windshield before this happened and when the sheet of ice landed on my windshield, it must have nocked my wiper blade out of the spring loaded arm, it was not completely out but it was bent sideways and at a funny angle but still connected so it was not cleaning the windshield, i thought nothing of it, and pulled over as soon as i could into the plaza and cleanerd all the snow and ice that landed on my wind shield, and re-connected the wiper. but didnt think twice, until the next day when i went out i saw a big scratch which lines up to where the metal arm of the wiper and blade meet, Son of a gun, when the thing came loose the metal probably rubbed against my wind shield and scratched the crap out of it and I did not notice. any way to buff this out or fill it in some how? its noticeable but not that noticable but its annoying !!!!! to me.

the car is a '12 dodge caravan aka soccer mom van
Hi
1 reply
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2015
4372 posts
1260 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
im trying to buff it out but its not working, the scratch itself its not deep its just a surface scratch probably the buildup of ice at the time helped stop it from making a deep scratch, will turtle wax work?
Hi