Cell Phones

Pixel 3 died... Need a new phone asap - any recommendations?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2020 8:29 am
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
152 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan

Pixel 3 died... Need a new phone asap - any recommendations?

Will try to get it fixed first thing in the morning but if that's not possible, what would you get? Assuming you need a phone asap? I was fine with the specs and loved the camera but I don't want to pay full price for an old model and not too crazy about Pixel 4.
Oh yeah and with all this virus situation it's probably a good idea to just get it at the store since who knows how long it'll take to get delivered.

Thanks!
5 replies
Dec 4, 2017
537 posts
230 upvotes
I'd look for bargains on the Pixel 3 without paying full price.

Other than than, Pixel 3a is a good value.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
152 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks! Found my wife's old iPhone 6s - it's nice and pink but still in working condition so crisis averted. If only we had no other issues going on in the moment lol.

Might still pick up a pixel to use for now and as a backup later because I hate iPhones...
Jan 16, 2020
54 posts
11 upvotes
Could always grab a Pixel 3a or 3a XL. Same camera + better brightness.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2011
152 posts
92 upvotes
Vaughan
ELChippo wrote: Could always grab a Pixel 3a or 3a XL. Same camera + better brightness.
Yeah my wife has a 3a and it's pretty great. I am using the iPhone until the warranty claim is sorted out - trying to claim it through credit card insurance. Eventually I will probably pick up a 3a or some other android for a few hundred as a backup but for now I'm ok.