Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO

Pixel xl 3 ... 2 year warranty?!

Phone died after 16 months doesn't want to power on screen stays black

called customer support they're sending me replacement refurbished same model

I'm pretty sure when I took the phone it was supposed to be a one-year warranty!

I was hoping however that the replacement would be brand new or the newest model :(
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1310 posts
1427 upvotes
Toronto, ON
You got lucky to even get a replacement phone after warranty. Don't get greedy lol. You can sell it and always get a newer phone.
-
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO
SureshA720227 wrote: You got lucky to even get a replacement phone after warranty. Don't get greedy lol. You can sell it and always get a newer phone.

Am I lucky though? Apparently it's a two-year per chat agent.. it's worth mentioning to anyone that his phone as they may not be aware.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
1120 posts
475 upvotes
MTL/TO
Devhux wrote: You got lucky for sure. The Pixel 2 warranty was extended to two years after several issues but the Pixel 3 has a one year warranty according to Google.

https://support.google.com/store/troubl ... %2C9158651
How could an agent make such a mistake? The system would not have permitted it..one would think. She wrote valid until dec 29 2020, ie: 2 years

I would highly suggest that anyone that has a pixel 3 or pixel XL 3 to check whether or not they have a 2-year, via chat

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)