Food & Drink

Pizza Hut /KFC popcorn chicken pizza

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2021 10:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
23094 posts
29213 upvotes
Toronto

Pizza Hut /KFC popcorn chicken pizza

Anyone try this yet? Corn on the pizza and KFC gravy instead of marinara sauce

Ye wife is in me dms baby.
25 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17951 posts
5062 upvotes
Toronto
I have not tried it yet, but thanks! I think I know what I'm having for dinner tonight, or some time very soon! Sounds very delicious!!

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
I think the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu is popcorn chicken, add pizza to the mix and you really got something!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17951 posts
5062 upvotes
Toronto
WMPCOT wrote: I think the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu is popcorn chicken, add pizza to the mix and you really got something!
Why is it unhealthy?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Why is it unhealthy?
Well kfc is already unhealthy as its all fried but if you compare popcorn chicken to their other items in equal weights it is higher in calories, sodium, fat etc.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17951 posts
5062 upvotes
Toronto
WMPCOT wrote: Well kfc is already unhealthy as its all fried but if you compare popcorn chicken to their other items in equal weights it is higher in calories, sodium, fat etc.
Actually, is the popcorn chicken already cooked? Or is it cooked with the pizza, making it baked, not fried? Sounds to me like you don't have all the facts.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: Actually, is the popcorn chicken already cooked? Or is it cooked with the pizza, making it baked, not fried? Sounds to me like you don't have all the facts.
I said the popcorn chicken is the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu you then asked why and I told you exactly why. Did I purport to say anything about the pizza itself?

Further even if the popcorn chicken isn't fried on site, it will be when it was prepared at the factory and then even if baked will remain unhealthy.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17951 posts
5062 upvotes
Toronto
WMPCOT wrote: I said the popcorn chicken is the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu you then asked why and I told you exactly why. Did I purport to say anything about the pizza itself?

Further even if the popcorn chicken isn't fried on site, it will be when it was prepared at the factory and then even if baked will remain unhealthy.
I highly doubt popcorn chicken pizza is as bad as you make it out to be. Just don't eat it every day if it's such a big deal. Live a little. Treat yourself a little.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: I highly doubt popcorn chicken pizza is as bad as you make it out to be. Just don't eat it every day if it's such a big deal. Live a little. Treat yourself a little.
Of course anything in moderation is fine but the fact remains on the KFC menu the most unhealthy item is the popcorn chicken.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2007
4719 posts
1200 upvotes
Regina
looks like good late night drunken eats
Sr. Member
Apr 2, 2011
558 posts
235 upvotes
*

I’m down for trying this pizza.
Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 14th, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
47373 posts
10614 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
WMPCOT wrote: I think the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu is popcorn chicken, add pizza to the mix and you really got something!
Youre in a fried chicken junk food thread. Read the room!

You don’t see me in every vegan kale thread saying “ugh. This stuff is gross rabbit food. Eat a steak d-bags!”.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jul 17, 2011
129 posts
62 upvotes
TORONTO
UrbanPoet wrote: Youre in a fried chicken junk food thread. Read the room!

You don’t see me in every vegan kale thread saying “ugh. This stuff is gross rabbit food. Eat a steak d-bags!”.
Actually, that is fairly common. In most threads about KFC meatless chicken, people feel free to take shots at vegans.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Youre in a fried chicken junk food thread. Read the room!

You don’t see me in every vegan kale thread saying “ugh. This stuff is gross rabbit food. Eat a steak d-bags!”.
I wasn't knocking fried foods simply stating it is one of if not the most unhealthy thing on the menu, add that to pizza and it has the makings for something special just like the double down.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2004
47373 posts
10614 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
moonerhoney wrote: Actually, that is fairly common. In most threads about KFC meatless chicken, people feel free to take shots at vegans.
Guilty!

But its too easy man... too easy...
I mean one time i saw a man bun yoga instructor sipping on some kamboucha making fun of vegans. And i said “but youre... nevermind...”
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2006
4720 posts
1356 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: I said the popcorn chicken is the most unhealthy item on the KFC menu you then asked why and I told you exactly why.
Well no, you didn't say why. What's the measure of qualification for popcorn chicken being the unhealthiest item at KFC? Calories? Cholesterol? Sodium?

Looking at kfc.ca and using their standard serving size portions:
- A small popcorn chicken is 370 calories.
- 3 pieces original recipe chicken tenders is 300 calories.
- 2 pieces original recipe chicken is 360 calories.
- The chicken sandwich is 520 calories.
- The poutine is 720 calories.

So really you're in the middle there. Though it's obvious you made a blind statement without having supporting evidence for your claim.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote: Well no, you didn't say why. What's the measure of qualification for popcorn chicken being the unhealthiest item at KFC? Calories? Cholesterol? Sodium?

Looking at kfc.ca and using their standard serving size portions:
- A small popcorn chicken is 370 calories.
- 3 pieces original recipe chicken tenders is 300 calories.
- 2 pieces original recipe chicken is 360 calories.
- The chicken sandwich is 520 calories.
- The poutine is 720 calories.

So really you're in the middle there. Though it's obvious you made a blind statement without having supporting evidence for your claim.
I did say if you compare equal weights. I made a statement knowing the facts and I shouldn't have to spoon feed everyone the answers if you disagree thats fine do the math and figure it out.

Using your example:

- A small popcorn chicken is 370 calories at 123g
- 3 pieces original recipe chicken tenders is 300 calories at 168g
- 2 pieces original recipe chicken is 360 calories, I am not sure which pieces you used to determine the 360 calories but using a similar weight as a small popcorn chicken, 128g a chicken keel is 290 calories.
- The poutine is 720 calories. This is about 3 times the weight of the small popcorn chicken if you have the weight equal then you're at 1030 calories for the popcorn chicken give or take.

As you can see when you compare things properly (weight for weight) popcorn chicken is more unhealthy, feel free to look up fat and sodium levels as well the same holds true. When comparing things it is important to compare apples to apples. I would say you are not using a proper comparison to give your argument more weight.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2006
4720 posts
1356 upvotes
WMPCOT wrote: As you can see when you compare things properly (weight for weight) popcorn chicken is more unhealthy, feel free to look up fat and sodium levels as well the same holds true. When comparing things it is important to compare apples to apples. I would say you are not using a proper comparison to give your argument more weight.
I agree that a calories per weight is a good apples to apples comparison. That certainly makes sense when shopping for groceries or controlling for meal portions. In this scenario you're indeed correct that the popcorn chicken is the unhealthiest KFC item.

But customers order and eat restaurants' food based on serving sizes, not by per 100g sizes. Restaurants list their items' nutrition value on a per serving basis. Similarly, packaged foods give their nutrition value based on expected serving size. Is it a common scenario for people ordering from KFC and thinking, "Well the poutine is 210 calories per 100 grams compared to the popcorn chicken which is 301 calories per 100 grams. Therefore the poutine is healthier and I'll order and eat that 720 calories rather than the popcorn chicken's 370 calories."

Or is it a common scenario for people ordering from restaurants to weigh out how much of a given and paid for serving that they'll only be eating?

I agree with you on the calories per weight idea, but it's not a realistic scenario when ordering from restaurants. Bringing up comparable weights was silly to begin with.

And so what if popcorn chicken is KFC's unhealthiest item? If KFC removes it then the next item on the calories/100g will become the unhealthiest.
And so what if Pizza Hut is using KFC popcorn chicken as a pizza topping? If Pizza Hut used say KFC chicken tenders or poutine is the argument then that it's "healthier"? Of course not.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3582 posts
3249 upvotes
Toronto
Mulder and Scully wrote: I agree that a calories per weight is a good apples to apples comparison. That certainly makes sense when shopping for groceries or controlling for meal portions. In this scenario you're indeed correct that the popcorn chicken is the unhealthiest KFC item.

But customers order and eat restaurants' food based on serving sizes, not by per 100g sizes. Restaurants list their items' nutrition value on a per serving basis. Similarly, packaged foods give their nutrition value based on expected serving size. Is it a common scenario for people ordering from KFC and thinking, "Well the poutine is 210 calories per 100 grams compared to the popcorn chicken which is 301 calories per 100 grams. Therefore the poutine is healthier and I'll order and eat that 720 calories rather than the popcorn chicken's 370 calories."

I agree with you on the calories per weight idea, but it's not a realistic scenario when ordering from restaurants. Bringing up comparable weights was silly to begin with.

And so what if popcorn chicken is KFC's unhealthiest item? If KFC removes it then the next item on the calories/100g will become the unhealthiest.
And so what if Pizza Hut is using KFC popcorn chicken as a pizza topping? If Pizza Hut used say KFC chicken tenders or poutine is the argument then that it's "healthier"? Of course not.
I see your point. I was merely making a fact based observation and for some reason that made some members upset. The fact is that it is the most unhealthy option in their lineup, I wasn't even speaking of the pizza itself. I made a statement and I had the facts to back it up, I could have provided them but I didn't feel like hand holding. I don't speak out of my ass (which I was accused of), unless I know something for certain I won't comment on it.

To touch on your comment about in store decision making you're thinking of it differently than I, sure you may not think how many calories per 100 grams but you might think which of these items will make me fuller, which gives me more bang for my buck, which is healthier, or something radical I want both popcorn chicken and poutine which sizes should I get to stay within a "reasonable" amount of calories. Here our thought process may go different ways but people not thinking of this stuff, or even taught to think like this is why I think we face some of the issues we do with consuming too many calories. As I mentioned earlier everything is fine in moderation.

While I also see your point it is important to compare apples to apples in this case, perhaps not to you. If not one could say chips are as healthy as an apple (in terms of caloric intake), it wouldn't be a lie if you make a serving size of potato chips 10g and compare it to a serving size if apple at 100g. This is how manufactures of products trick people into thinking their product is healthier, show a small serving size which the majority of people will blow past.

As for the so what pizza hut is using those toppings, there isn't a so what my comment wasn't about the pizza itself and it is not how this spirited discussion began.

We do not have to agree on everything but I wasn't making a blind statement without evidence.

Top