Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Hut] Pizza hut 2 x medium 2 topping pizzas $7.99 ea

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 9:10 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4462 posts
1537 upvotes
I warned everyone they hardly put cheese...

Pizza Hut was at it's peak in the 90s.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24730 posts
5014 upvotes
pocq wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:49 am
For those who dont have Pizza Hut nearby, Dominos is doing the same promotion
Funny enough Domino's also has a coupon for the same $5/$5/$5 deal Pizza Hut has. They've started just just duplicating each other's deals.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24730 posts
5014 upvotes
ar2020 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:23 pm
I warned everyone they hardly put cheese...

Pizza Hut was at it's peak in the 90s.
You guys just have weird PH locations where you are. At my work we do a mass pizza order every Friday, we switch pizza stores but most often order from PH. Never had a pizza lacking cheese at all. In fact there's one guy that doesn't like much cheese so we order him a "light cheese" pizza and he usually complains it's way too much cheese still, lol.

Only thing I don't like about PH is their cheese is high lactose and I've become lactose intolerant these days :( so I either can't eat more than two small slices or need to have some kefir or enzyme pills before hand...otherwise it's pay for it badly a few hrs later :S
Apr 15, 2014
705 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I remember going to pizza hut in the late 90s and the pizza was so amazing. Dining in the restaurant was also a great experience, it was one of the few chain pizza places that was designed as a sit down restaurant. I was a kid at that time and my perspective may be skewed but the pizza was much better in those days. Now they just make disgusting conveyor belt pizzas like everyone else.
Please respond
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2014
4462 posts
1537 upvotes
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:16 pm
You guys just have weird PH locations where you are. At my work we do a mass pizza order every Friday, we switch pizza stores but most often order from PH. Never had a pizza lacking cheese at all. In fact there's one guy that doesn't like much cheese so we order him a "light cheese" pizza and he usually complains it's way too much cheese still, lol.

Only thing I don't like about PH is their cheese is high lactose and I've become lactose intolerant these days :( so I either can't eat more than two small slices or need to have some kefir or enzyme pills before hand...otherwise it's pay for it badly a few hrs later :S
Hey it could be that some location are better than others. But I've had much better luck with Dominos and their pan pizza this decade.
CardinalComb wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:26 pm
I remember going to pizza hut in the late 90s and the pizza was so amazing. Dining in the restaurant was also a great experience, it was one of the few chain pizza places that was designed as a sit down restaurant. I was a kid at that time and my perspective may be skewed but the pizza was much better in those days. Now they just make disgusting conveyor belt pizzas like everyone else.
I remember their cheese was so amazing. I mean it would literally stretch from my plate to my mouth as I would take a bite.

Dining in was great as well. Nice red table cloths and thick white napkins with the PH logo. Recently when I dined in they gave those brown extremely rough "napkins".
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1432 posts
221 upvotes
I tried added 2 medium 2 topping pizza to cart, i am getting $44 total!! Any code to enter?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2008
2117 posts
1046 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Anyone else's $5 off code coming up invalid? Even when I try a regular price order.
:D
Dec 26, 2004
418 posts
137 upvotes
Don't bother with this deal. I bought it yesterday and picked up at the Grandview location in Vancouver. It was complete crap and not worth the money. Barely any sauce, cheese or toppings. If they can't afford to do this deal at $7.99 each then don't do it if they got to cut back on everything. What I got as basically a burnt ball of dough with minimal toppings to hide the dough.

Pizza Hut use to be one of our family favourites. This has really put me off for some time.
Jul 8, 2012
814 posts
164 upvotes
VANCOUVER
^^^ Thanks, was debating to order from there for pick up but your post kabashes it for me. Have you had the Joyce/Kingsway Dominos?
Nov 25, 2006
252 posts
139 upvotes
I got a couple tonight from Newmarket location and toppings were very sparse. I had to hunt for bacon strips on my bacon & pineapple pizza. I am going with Domino from now on.
Jul 27, 2015
665 posts
238 upvotes
British Columbia
Fanatic wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:36 pm
Don't bother with this deal. I bought it yesterday and picked up at the Grandview location in Vancouver. It was complete crap and not worth the money. Barely any sauce, cheese or toppings. If they can't afford to do this deal at $7.99 each then don't do it if they got to cut back on everything. What I got as basically a burnt ball of dough with minimal toppings to hide the dough.

Pizza Hut use to be one of our family favourites. This has really put me off for some time.
Should do an online complaint on their website with your order #
They should give you a credit $0
Aug 26, 2018
377 posts
741 upvotes
I'm kinda boycotting PH right now. First they eliminated the $10 daily specials for a large pizza and only allows medium. That large daily special used to be my go-to as I'd get it every week. Then they lured me in via email with some reward if I signed up for their huts rewards program, so I signed up but didn't receive any offers afterwards like a bait and switch. Left a sour taste in my mouth overall. As a result I have not been back at PH for at least half a year.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3656 posts
891 upvotes
rfd222222 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 12:53 am
Out of the two, who puts on the most toppings by weight?

I went to Pizza Hut many years ago, and there were barely any toppings. Domino's on the other hand put on a lot more.

Is it still the same today?
It really does depend on the store, as the Pizza Hut closest to me is good. It’s located on a University campus, which probably explains why they don’t cheap out. If they don’t do things well, they won’t stay in business. They’ve been here for at least 5 years.

I would say Dominoes puts on more toppings overall though.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3656 posts
891 upvotes
CardinalComb wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:26 pm
There’s also not that many sit down locations anymore. I can only think of two in my area, where there used to be more.