• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2019 9:10 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3745 posts
909 upvotes
fattyburger11 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 5:56 am
I'm kinda boycotting PH right now. First they eliminated the $10 daily specials for a large pizza and only allows medium. That large daily special used to be my go-to as I'd get it every week. Then they lured me in via email with some reward if I signed up for their huts rewards program, so I signed up but didn't receive any offers afterwards like a bait and switch. Left a sour taste in my mouth overall. As a result I have not been back at PH for at least half a year.
The Pizza Huts in the Vancouver area never had the larges for $10, only the mediums. I tried many stores via online order, but could never get it.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2629 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:16 pm
You guys just have weird PH locations where you are. At my work we do a mass pizza order every Friday, we switch pizza stores but most often order from PH. Never had a pizza lacking cheese at all.
Maybe because work obviously has a relationship going on here.

Who would have thought ordering lots of pizza regularly would get you good service?
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2629 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
I'm kinda boycotting PH right now. First they eliminated the $10 daily specials for a large pizza and only allows medium. That large daily special used to be my go-to as I'd get it every week. Then they lured me in via email with some reward if I signed up for their huts rewards program, so I signed up but didn't receive any offers afterwards like a bait and switch. Left a sour taste in my mouth overall. As a result I have not been back at PH for at least half a year.
Absolutely agree with above. Was hoping by now they crunched the numbers and realized it lost lots of business.

However will occasionally get the $9.99 large two topping pan pizza walk-in special (so not rewards eligible).
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2629 posts
978 upvotes
Toronto
Balduno wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 6:08 am
The Pizza Huts in the Vancouver area never had the larges for $10, only the mediums. I tried many stores via online order, but could never get it.
Not sure what time period you tried. We are talking about when you could manually switch it to large within the app. This was prior to them starting their rewards program.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3745 posts
909 upvotes
beachlover wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 6:25 am
Not sure what time period you tried. We are talking about when you could manually switch it to large within the app. This was prior to them starting their rewards program.
Last time I tried was some years ago. I also remember reading on this website that $10 larges were not available in Vancouver, only $10 mediums.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24824 posts
5093 upvotes
beachlover wrote:
Jan 19th, 2019 6:17 am
Maybe because work obviously has a relationship going on here.

Who would have thought ordering lots of pizza regularly would get you good service?
Actually according to that one guy that doesn't like cheese this isn't good service, lol.

I see your point but even the times I've ordered PH on my own I've never had anything even close to that one pictured earlier in the thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2602 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
Got the metro 3 topping xl pizza for $10 instead
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2736 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto
fattyburger11 wrote:
I totally agree.

Not only did they reduce the size of the $10 special, but now the minimum delivery order has increased too.

I used to be able to order a $10 large daily special and have it delivered, but that's no longer the case.

Sadly I miss Pizza Hut more than they miss me, so I may cave in and go pick up in store :*(
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10087 posts
626 upvotes
Mississauga
Dominoes Pan Crust is basically what Pizza Hut used to be. Get the Pepperoni Feast well done and you'll forget all about the garbage PH serves now.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2004
2651 posts
312 upvotes
Pizza Hut is dying a slow death, it's only a matter of time. They are so inconsistent. The pizza is often not ready for pickup when they say, They don't usually cut the pizza properly and the toppings are sometimes lop-sided. We usually go with Dominoes for consistency. (It almost seems like a robot made your pizza)

Metro is a good option if you have the time to wait. The people at Metro are paid more and they work out in the open so there are less likely to be shenanigans with your order.
Jan 14, 2017
24 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Fanatic wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:36 pm
Don't bother with this deal. I bought it yesterday and picked up at the Grandview location in Vancouver. It was complete crap and not worth the money. Barely any sauce, cheese or toppings. If they can't afford to do this deal at $7.99 each then don't do it if they got to cut back on everything. What I got as basically a burnt ball of dough with minimal toppings to hide the dough.

Pizza Hut use to be one of our family favourites. This has really put me off for some time.
Had the exact same experience at that Grandview location as well. :/
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2602 posts
511 upvotes
Toronto
Totally agree about the comments on here about PH and Metro and Dominoes Pan (wish they did it in a large) being better than PH. PH should troll these threads to up their game. But they are a part of the Yum chain so rely on KFC and Taco Bell (not much better either)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2300 posts
1966 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
busybe wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 7:10 pm
I tried added 2 medium 2 topping pizza to cart, i am getting $44 total!! Any code to enter?

Don't add 2 mediums. Add the deal/promo off their website to your cart before building our pizzas.
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
Mar 12, 2008
598 posts
113 upvotes
Windsor
ES_Revenge wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:16 pm
You guys just have weird PH locations where you are. At my work we do a mass pizza order every Friday, we switch pizza stores but most often order from PH. Never had a pizza lacking cheese at all. In fact there's one guy that doesn't like much cheese so we order him a "light cheese" pizza and he usually complains it's way too much cheese still, lol.

Only thing I don't like about PH is their cheese is high lactose and I've become lactose intolerant these days :( so I either can't eat more than two small slices or need to have some kefir or enzyme pills before hand...otherwise it's pay for it badly a few hrs later :S
Same here. I don’t like cheese and every time I order pizza from PH I have to ask for “light cheese” regardless of the location. Every other franchise I order pizza they always always skimp on cheese as this is one of the most expensive topping. I have never have never had any issues with the PH in terms of cheese and toppings as well.
Oct 2, 2011
941 posts
281 upvotes
Edmonton
If you want consistency...order Domino's. If you want a surprise (usually a bad one)...order Pizza Hut. If you want too much dough and a crust that won't go down without being dipped in garlic sauce...order Papa John's. I'm in Alberta but from what I remember when being in Toronto, Pizza Pizza was great. The Cineplex's in Alberta used to actually have Pizza Pizza pies but were rebranded to Pizza 73 a few years ago, however they still are Pizza Pizza pies not Pizza 73 ones. I wish Pizza 73 used the same recipe as Pizza Pizza seeing as they're the same company, but sadly Pizza 73 sucks. There's one location in Sherwood Park that knocks it out of the park though everytime.