• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 4:55 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1744 posts
2761 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Tempted. But too bad the Pizza Hut near me is crap. Got a cold, half cooked pizza last time I ordered from them. Lol

Also, every time I manage to lose weight they come out with an offer…
Aug 9, 2018
155 posts
86 upvotes
I hate these Bogo deals. A small family has a tough time finishing a large pizza - what am I supposed to do with the extra?

Reheated pizza is never even half the taste of the original.

I find myself ordering the daily large deal quite often from PH - good pizzas, slightly more expensive than others but the taste more than makes up for it.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4271 posts
2825 upvotes
Vancouver
Prats06 wrote: I hate these Bogo deals. A small family has a tough time finishing a large pizza - what am I supposed to do with the extra?

I find myself ordering the daily large deal quite often from PH - good pizzas, slightly more expensive than others but the taste more than makes up for it.
Just go with the daily special on days you like. $10 for a medium is pretty close to $12-13 for a large it’s actually $13 for large daily special too I think, might be ymmv for the upgrade).
Sep 15, 2015
958 posts
833 upvotes
Mooooonnn
Am I the only one prefer pizzaville? Their extra large pick up for $16.99 on sundays
1. Buy cheap, buy twice
2. Don’t buy because it’s cheap. Buy it when needed or it brings convenience/happiness/better quality in life
3. Buy now think (regret/return) later
4. If the gut says don’t tell your lady, don’t!
Mar 14, 2017
391 posts
772 upvotes
A lot of comments regarding the quality of the Pizza Hut location, which I agree is essential. So here's my extremely unscientific list of top Huts, based solely on my personal experiences in places I've lived.

Ottawa: 1920 Bank Street, Alta Vista. This location used to have a few unadvertised specials, like getting 3 dips for the price of 2, and when the Glebe location burned down you could get an extra $2 off any pizza (even the $10 daily special) by saying "I came from Carleton". This probably has changed since I haven't been there since around 2016, but probably my favourite.

Montreal: 3547 St Laurent, tbh it's not as good as the others on my list but the best I could find in my brief time living there

Toronto: 720 King West. Just steps away from possibly the worst McDonald's in the city (country?) is a great Hut location. They (used to? Haven't been since pre-covid) have excellent lunch specials and never skimp on toppings.

2070 Queen East, these guys pile so much cheese on I legit have wondered if I ordered extra cheese by accident. If you do not like extremely cheesy pizza, stay away.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1880 posts
4039 upvotes
Vancouver
Prats06 wrote: Reheated pizza is never even half the taste of the original.
Really? I honestly feel that reheated pizza is better than the original, especially so if you have an air fryer. I freeze the leftovers right away and they taste amazing reheated.
Jun 10, 2017
704 posts
909 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: Really? I honestly feel that reheated pizza is better than the original, especially so if you have an air fryer. I freeze the leftovers right away and they taste amazing reheated.
The air fryer makes the difference and also the fact that I toss in ample shredded cheese on top to boot.
Aug 8, 2013
48 posts
87 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Prats06 wrote: I hate these Bogo deals. A small family has a tough time finishing a large pizza - what am I supposed to do with the extra?

All y'all need to try Chef John's magic pizza reheating method. Cast Iron is key.

I usually nuke for a minute to give the cheese/toppings a head start (from fridge) but you don't have to. And a recycled (store-bought bakery section) pie plate that fits your pan is a sturdier alternative to tin foil.

Been doing this for a decade and eating reheated pizza is sometimes even better with this method. Seriously. BOGO deals are for meal planning a busy week, and we're a household of 2.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1454 posts
3643 upvotes
Montreal
Issue with these deals is my pizza hut are stingy on toppings.
It's like 1-2 pieces of topping per slice, which always fails in comparison to my local dominos that offers bogo normally.
Jul 21, 2021
102 posts
238 upvotes
I miss Pizza Hit. I haven't had it in over 20 years (back when I was in elementary school). They don't have many locations here in Montreal (although a new one opened up a few streets away from me recently). Does anyone remember their advertisements in comic books where kids got a free Spiderman or X-Men comic book and VHS with every order? Thinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7921 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Love pizza hut taste much more than dominos
Tried the chichen with alfredo. It was good. I realized you cannot swap the topping like in domino's.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2178 posts
1461 upvotes
Newmarket, ON

How do you reheat it? I use my toaster oven, comes out much better than if I use the microwave.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7921 posts
3889 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

A small family cannot finish one large pizza? Really? I can finish 75% of a large just by myself. Face Screaming In Fear Am I eating a lot more than normal people?
Reheat pizza is actually not bad. Key is to control the time and temperature. You want lower temperature for a bit longer time to avoid drying up the pizza. If you want it crispy, add some oil the the surface. Heat up with lower temperature to get the inside and turn up the temperature to crisp the surface.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
Nov 16, 2006
951 posts
476 upvotes
Somewhere between Mi…
...and wrap the outer crust with tinfoil before putting it in the oven.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
5395 posts
1771 upvotes

freeze unfinished pizza in (preferably) airtight plastic bags as soon as they cool down (the longer you wait, moisture will invisibly get wicked away)

when you wanna eat, let defrost, pop in microwave just to get warm-ish, then bake in toaster oven ~300-350F or until you get the right crispiness you like
Aug 9, 2018
155 posts
86 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: Really? I honestly feel that reheated pizza is better than the original, especially so if you have an air fryer. I freeze the leftovers right away and they taste amazing reheated.
I am going to try this method. About time that Air fryer was put to use.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1673 posts
440 upvotes
GTA
Why not just buy the $10 medium or $13 large pizza of the day? That way you don't have to buy 2.