• Apr 15th, 2019 8:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5183 posts
1048 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mikka2017 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 3:15 am
ordered last night, cannot do pickup! anyone able to pickup or its only delivery charges? tia

delivery fee + tips = $5bucks
the delivery fee was the tip. You paid twice
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7147 posts
1566 upvotes
Mississauga
yesstyle wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 8:20 pm
the delivery fee was the tip. You paid twice
Driver does not get the delivery fee he only gets what you tip on top of the delivery fee.
Aug 4, 2007
459 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
jetertmac wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:21 pm
I’ve had friends that used to work for pizza companies before and just remember that the delivery drivers usually get nothing from the delivery fee. The delivery fee is charged by the pizza company and kept by them. They don’t share that with the driver at all. Pizza drivers usually also make less than minimum wage so that’s why you may have gotten attitude from them. I usually tip 10-15 percent regardless of the delivery fee.
That's not my problem, I've already paid for delivery. Don't like it, - find another job.
Oct 17, 2009
589 posts
972 upvotes
-=PASHA=- wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 8:28 pm
That's not my problem, I've already paid for delivery. Don't like it, - find another job.
Well you certainly deserve your mystery pizza surprise. I feel bad for anyone that eat's a pizza delivered to your house. Don't like it, - don't order pizza.

I think it's fairly reasonable to tip someone who is specially driving food to your house. You're literally saving 20 minutes of your life, for 5 bucks. I don't know about you, but I value my time far more than 15 bucks an hour, and am happy to pass that benefit onto the poor schmuck who has to deliver pizza's in the snow.

The real problem is that the rest of us have to make up for your tips, in essence, to ensure the driver keeps working. If no one tipped, no one would deliver pizza because it wouldn't be worth it.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 14th, 2019 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed personal attack
Oct 17, 2009
589 posts
972 upvotes
jetertmac wrote:
I’ve had friends that used to work for pizza companies before and just remember that the delivery drivers usually get nothing from the delivery fee. The delivery fee is charged by the pizza company and kept by them. They don’t share that with the driver at all. Pizza drivers usually also make less than minimum wage so that’s why you may have gotten attitude from them. I usually tip 10-15 percent regardless of the delivery fee.
Not entirely true. The pizza place is paying for your friends driving insurance, and mileage/wear and tear on their car. Fairly sure they have to, by law. That's where at least half of the delivery fee goes.
Aug 4, 2007
459 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga
MikoWilson wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 9:41 pm
Well you certainly deserve your mystery pizza surprise. I feel bad for anyone that eat's a pizza delivered to your house. Don't like it, - don't order pizza.

I think it's fairly reasonable to tip someone who is specially driving food to your house. You're literally saving 20 minutes of your life, for 5 bucks. I don't know about you, but I value my time far more than 15 bucks an hour, and am happy to pass that benefit onto the poor schmuck who has to deliver pizza's in the snow.

The real problem with jerks like you is that the rest of us have to make up for your tips, in essence, to ensure the driver keeps working. If no one tipped, no one would deliver pizza because it wouldn't be worth it. We carry your broke ass.
Are you unable to comprehend the idea? I pick up my own food. However, if I'm forced to order a delivery when pizza place is less than 5 minutes walk away and get charged for it, not my problem! Whenever the establishment doesn't charge me for delivery, I gladly tip the driver.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6315 posts
1322 upvotes
ScouseTO wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 4:28 pm
Couldn't get it to go through for pickup using my phone, but when I used my laptop, it went through no problem.

Picked up a XL Spicy BBQ Chicken for $11.85

I'll probably try the same thing tonight.
which brower u use...i tried both at work and home desktop, had to pick delivery, or maybe its ymmv on store location
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Jun 19, 2018
14 posts
4 upvotes
Chrome

I honestly didn't think it would work but was pleasantly surprised when it did.
Aug 26, 2018
359 posts
496 upvotes
jetertmac wrote:
They must be getting minimum wage then? What's the difference between doing a minimum wage job as a delivery driver vs working as the McD cashier? Why does the delivery driver suddenly expect tips but the other guy working the cashier, who also deals with customers face to face for minimum wage, don't? A lot of times these delivery fees for pizza places are insane. Sometimes you can call a cab and do a round trip for stores that are relatively close by and come out ahead. Costs even less if you have a car and you account for gas cost.

See I never worry about that because I rarely if ever order delivery and never take a taxi. Take out and driving here. Self service.
Feb 1, 2018
94 posts
50 upvotes
X-Large Classic Super + 10 classic wings for $14.88 delivered. Yes, I tips the delivery guy... Whatever you guys say... It is my money, I do whatever I want to. Lol

Thanks OP! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

P.S: Deliver or pick up, I always tips those hard worker. I even tip at McDonald, but the cashier refuses telling me it is against their policy. 🤷‍♂️
Images
  • C460969C-BB5B-4CB2-8BCC-70F000AFDB8A.jpeg
  • A05EADBE-0847-4DCE-AB74-4DD34E18B82B.jpeg
Jun 4, 2016
6 posts
2 upvotes
"They must be getting minimum wage then?"
= 9 bucks an hour

"What's the difference between doing a minimum wage job as a delivery driver vs working as the McD cashier?"
=9 bucks an hour vs 14 an hour, and no benefits, sick days paid etc.

" Why does the delivery driver suddenly expect tips but the other guy working the cashier, who also deals with customers face to face for minimum wage, don't?"
=The delivery driver is 9 bucks an hr, he is using his own car with his own fuel out of pocket. When its Snowing, raining, cold, hot, he is out there to deliver food to you @ 5 dollars less than minimum wage hoping the 3 bucks out of your pocket will help offset that. The toll your car takes as a delivery driver is very real. All that stooping, going, turning off the car, turning on the car, balljoints, speed bumps on your suspension etc. You think pizza pizza(or any of them)is paying for any of that? again, no employee benefits, no

even if he was 14 an hour like the mcdonalds rep, his car, his fuel, his parking, etc. its really not the same. Plus customers in the comfort of their own homes are / can be complete A$$hole vs being in a store surrounded by people in a business. Again no comparing the two jobs.

"A lot of times these delivery fees for pizza places are insane. Sometimes you can call a cab and do a round trip for stores that are relatively close by and come out ahead. Costs even less if you have a car and you account for gas cost."
Delivery fees are never given to the devilry drivers. that's to the corporation.

Tip your delivery man. You pay 20 bucks give him a toonie smh. that 10 Percent for those who don't do math so well. All of this is assuming the delivery driver isn't an A$$hole too. If two dolalrs or even 5 is too much then maybe eating out isn't a the most feasible thing to be doing to begin with? how broke / cheap . disgruntled do you have to be that 2- 5 bucks is going to hurt your wallet?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6315 posts
1322 upvotes
MockingJayTM wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 11:36 pm
X-Large Classic Super + 10 classic wings for $14.88 delivered. Yes, I tips the delivery guy... Whatever you guys say... It is my money, I do whatever I want to. Lol

Thanks OP! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

P.S: Deliver or pick up, I always tips those hard worker. I even tip at McDonald, but the cashier refuses telling me it is against their policy. 🤷‍♂️
oh man ur tempting me! i dont' wanna get fatAF, eating pizza 3 straight days !!!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
16124 posts
3902 upvotes
Toronto
Tipping is optional not mandatory. So if you feel like tipping go ahead, if not then fine. I generally tip after delivery depending on the speed of delivery and just give the guy a toonie.
Last edited by carmaster on Apr 14th, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.