• Apr 15th, 2019 8:22 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
7151 posts
1570 upvotes
Mississauga
fattyburger11 wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 11:04 pm
They must be getting minimum wage then? What's the difference between doing a minimum wage job as a delivery driver vs working as the McD cashier? Why does the delivery driver suddenly expect tips but the other guy working the cashier, who also deals with customers face to face for minimum wage, don't? A lot of times these delivery fees for pizza places are insane. Sometimes you can call a cab and do a round trip for stores that are relatively close by and come out ahead. Costs even less if you have a car and you account for gas cost.

See I never worry about that because I rarely if ever order delivery and never take a taxi. Take out and driving here. Self service.
The difference is the McDonald's employee doesn't burn through a tank of gas on a Friday night. Insurance and wear and tear on their vehicle.
Feb 1, 2018
94 posts
50 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:34 pm
oh man ur tempting me! i dont' wanna get fatAF, eating pizza 3 straight days !!!
Deal will be over soon... May be buy and put in freezer? lol
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5186 posts
1049 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jetertmac wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:21 pm
I’ve had friends that used to work for pizza companies before and just remember that the delivery drivers usually get nothing from the delivery fee. The delivery fee is charged by the pizza company and kept by them. They don’t share that with the driver at all. Pizza drivers usually also make less than minimum wage so that’s why you may have gotten attitude from them. I usually tip 10-15 percent regardless of the delivery fee.
my delivery guy just left without hesitation after i signed the receipt. Maybe he didn't expect any? but i wrote on the survey about his outstanding performance. maybe he can get the raise most delivery guys deserve.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3194 posts
1892 upvotes
Toronto and London
webworm wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:05 pm
Ordered tonight and used coupon code for pickup with no delivery charge. Just wait until you get to the payment page and enter the coupon 50off at the top of the page.
I don't know if people tried this but I just did this.

Go to payment option first then apply the code and 50% off worked for pick up!
Oct 15, 2017
248 posts
145 upvotes
Canada
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:42 pm

Oh man, had to try it and it works!!! Stopping by Costco for the giftcards, then on to PizzaPizza. Time to put on some weight!
Sep 15, 2018
31 posts
3 upvotes
webworm wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 7:05 pm
Ordered tonight and used coupon code for pickup with no delivery charge. Just wait until you get to the payment page and enter the coupon 50off at the top of the page.
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 2:42 pm

dsweetlou wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 3:44 pm
Oh man, had to try it and it works!!! Stopping by Costco for the giftcards, then on to PizzaPizza. Time to put on some weight!
Does this still work? Or any other ways? Just tried this and it didn’t work.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
6344 posts
1330 upvotes
MockingJayTM wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 1:50 pm
Deal will be over soon... May be buy and put in freezer? lol
i don't like freezer burn...i only nuke my leftovers in microwave i don't rebake it or make it crispy, hot and soggy aint that great tasting
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers 500u @$24.99 using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 26, 2010
867 posts
531 upvotes
Kyle12345 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 5:13 pm
Does this still work? Or any other ways? Just tried this and it didn’t work.
Just did it. apply the code after you select the restaurant/payment method.
Aug 26, 2018
294 posts
508 upvotes
MichalJ171201 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 12:05 pm
Tip your delivery man. You pay 20 bucks give him a toonie smh. that 10 Percent for those who don't do math so well. All of this is assuming the delivery driver isn't an A$$hole too. If two dolalrs or even 5 is too much then maybe eating out isn't a the most feasible thing to be doing to begin with? how broke / cheap . disgruntled do you have to be that 2- 5 bucks is going to hurt your wallet?
See, there's a problem. Delivery charge is fixed and is often too high. Lets say delivery fee is $5.

If I order something that is $20 pre-tax, I need to pay my 13% tax on that which is $2.6. On top of that I need to pay $5 for the delivery charge. But now you're telling me I need to pay 20% tip on the food as if I am being served at a restaurant where waitors frequently run back and fourth multiple times for you and actually provide service like top up drinks and clean up your mess while the pizza delivery guy merely comes and goes just the one time in a 10 second face-to-face exchange with you? So another $4 tip on top for tips then?

This makes my total cost $31.6 for something that is $20 pre-tax. In other words, it ended up being 58% higher cost than the actual food.

It doesn't make sense. The capitalist in everyone will immediately urge me to never order with such a setup because it makes no sense. Which means I am only ever going to order if I do pickup where delivery fees are $0 and tips are $0, or else I'd order nothing at all and look for other options elsewhere. See that's the problem with over charging delivery fees and expecting tips on top. It gets to a point where it doesn't make sense economically to even use the service.

So I'm either not going to order, or if I do, I'd make sure my costs are kept to a minimum. In other words, pickup only. And if everyone is pickup only, there will be no demand for delivery drivers either. It's kinda like how unions can bankrupt their own companies and thereby put themselves out of a job by going on frequent strikes and demanding high salaries to the point the business is no longer competitive and fails, thus the jobs that unions were trying to protect are lost too. I'd argue insisting on tips for delivery orders is a double edged sword like that.
Jul 26, 2017
193 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
MockingJayTM wrote:
Apr 13th, 2019 11:36 pm
X-Large Classic Super + 10 classic wings for $14.88 delivered. Yes, I tips the delivery guy... Whatever you guys say... It is my money, I do whatever I want to. Lol

Thanks OP! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

P.S: Deliver or pick up, I always tips those hard worker. I even tip at McDonald, but the cashier refuses telling me it is against their policy. 🤷‍♂️
How the hell did you get it so cheap? Mine comes out to like $26 ??
Feb 1, 2018
94 posts
50 upvotes
bestbudz wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 6:24 pm

How the hell did you get it so cheap? Mine comes out to like $26 ??
Good question. I was able to apply the coupon twice. LadyLuck was with me yesterday. Now she is gone...
Images
  • AFC24275-3ECC-4CE7-86CA-A9901667223E.png
Feb 6, 2013
327 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
MockingJayTM wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 7:15 pm
Good question. I was able to apply the coupon twice. LadyLuck was with me yesterday. Now she is gone...
  • 1 50% Pizza Discount -$10.80
  • 1 50% Pizza Discount -$10.80
What the...
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
5186 posts
1049 upvotes
Richmond Hill
MockingJayTM wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 7:15 pm
Free pizza?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1687 posts
5035 upvotes
This was a deal breaker for me yesterday evening - was trying to order two pizzas and selected pickup and realized it was for delivery only, the damn pizza pizza is 2mins away now I have to pay a $3.50 delivery charge PLUS tip the guy on top of that, its like buying the pizza at regular price almost, I think this promo was a complete fail on PP's part.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1687 posts
5035 upvotes
Ok, so here is the trick, do NOT apply the 50off until you AFTER you get to the payment method. Then, what you need to do is go up to the apply coupon section and enter 50off and apply. Since it's late right now, I put my order in for tomorrow dinner time.