Shopping Discussion

Pizza Pizza did not follow through with their 40 minute time guaranteed policy

[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes

Pizza Pizza did not follow through with their 40 minute time guaranteed policy

I made order for a pizza today at 1:01am. Tues Feb 13. Pizza took over 1 hour and 5 minutes to arrived. I called twice to customer service and was told my order did not have the 40 minute guaranteed policy. That is ridiculous you guys are basically posting false advertisement which can and will lead to legal action. I called spoke to 2 customer service agent and 1 supervisor and was told that because I chose "call back" there was no time guaranteed. Which I was not informed about. That is absolutely unacceptable . You make a policy and did not follow through with it.
51 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
2877 posts
2232 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Hidetoshi520 wrote: Which I was not informed about.
It's not their job to inform you. It's your job to be informed.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2008
1490 posts
529 upvotes
GTA
It was also 1am? Maybe the policy doesn't work so late....
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: It's not their job to inform you. It's your job to be informed.
No, that's why they got the 40 minute guaranteed policy or free. So I was expecting a free pizza. Took over 1 hour when store was just 3 minutes away .Now when I called and told them they were late and wanted my free pizza. They refused because " I chose call back" they did not say if I chose call back the guaranteed time will not be valid. And it should not be removed because that's their policy. Why make policy when you can't follow through with it
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
ericlewis91 wrote: It was also 1am? Maybe the policy doesn't work so late....
Doesn't matter. Policy is policy it remains effect until closing . It's the way they scheme you from getting the free pizza when they are late. I called called headquarters and was offered $10. But that's not the point. Point is you have a policy and did not follow through .
Nov 25, 2012
338 posts
954 upvotes
North York
OP you should read Pizza Pizza's Guarantee Policy
http://www.pizzapizza.ca/guaranty-policy/
The Time Guarantee is not offered on all orders. For example, larger orders take longer to prepare and cook and therefore will not be guaranteed. You will be informed as to whether or not the guarantee applies at the time you place your order.

In order to be eligible for one of the guarantees Pizza Pizza must receive a complaint on the day the order is placed, otherwise Pizza Pizza will no longer be obligated to honour the guarantees.
Jan 3, 2017
413 posts
393 upvotes
Hidetoshi520 wrote: That is ridiculous you guys are basically posting false advertisement which can and will lead to legal action.
Can, yes. Will, lolololololololololololololololololol!!!!
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
hubertlee wrote: OP you should read Pizza Pizza's Guarantee Policy
http://www.pizzapizza.ca/guaranty-policy/
The Time Guarantee is not offered on all orders. For example, larger orders take longer to prepare and cook and therefore will not be guaranteed. You will be informed as to whether or not the guarantee applies at the time you place your order.

In order to be eligible for one of the guarantees Pizza Pizza must receive a complaint on the day the order is placed, otherwise Pizza Pizza will no longer be obligated to honour the guarantees.

Number 1 . The order wasn't large. It was 2 medium pizzas two toppings each. No traffic at that time. Weather was clean and instructions were very clear.
And it was a Monday night so it wasn't busy. So that makes even for sure there should be a time guaranteed .

Number 2. I was not informed during time of order there was no time guaranteed. I was expecting to be free if your past 40 minutes .

Number 3. Complaint was done on the same day .
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
fryguy1987 wrote: Can, yes. Will, lolololololololololololololololololol!!!!
Nothing funny about that buddy . How do you feel when your food took ever an hour to arrive and they didn't follow through?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
2970 posts
983 upvotes
Toronto
I'm not sure I understand the story - what does "call back" mean?
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
marcsterr wrote: I'm not sure I understand the story - what does "call back" mean?
After placing an order. They will ask you would u like the driver to call you when he arrives ?. If you answer yes than your guaranteed time will be invalid. See how sly they are .
Deal Addict
May 23, 2003
2435 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
I dont know about you but I always get my free pizza if they are late
(even 5 minutes, if under I usually just let them get away with it)
I simply tell them 'sorry not going to pay for this' and show my order confirmation with time on it
However, I always give them very generous tip in that case (like $10, my order is normally around $25)
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14001 posts
9070 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Take it to small claims court.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
May 22, 2016
2390 posts
606 upvotes
Ontario
They have worst customer service and you can barely understand them. I had an issue with them and they didn't care. Only reason they are still around is they used to be cheap but there are better deals around now.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2341 posts
617 upvotes
Hidetoshi520 wrote: Nothing funny about that buddy . How do you feel when your food took ever an hour to arrive and they didn't follow through?
Ohhhhh man. I am so hungry but I must first launch legal action. No time to eat.
[OP]
Feb 12, 2018
11 posts
13 upvotes
jrees wrote: Ohhhhh man. I am so hungry but I must first launch legal action. No time to eat.
There's really no need for that . And no I was not hungry . I made the order for a friend of mine . I just don't like the way how they handle things. And you please grow up .
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
14268 posts
8369 upvotes
Toronto
Hidetoshi520 wrote: No, that's why they got the 40 minute guaranteed policy or free. So I was expecting a free pizza. Took over 1 hour when store was just 3 minutes away .Now when I called and told them they were late and wanted my free pizza. They refused because " I chose call back" they did not say if I chose call back the guaranteed time will not be valid. And it should not be removed because that's their policy. Why make policy when you can't follow through with it
The policy says they will tell you when you order IF the time guarantee will apply.

Sounds like they didn’t and you “expected it to”.

Add in the call back thing and that =

No free pizza for you
Banned
Feb 2, 2014
1426 posts
942 upvotes
The 6
Hidetoshi520 wrote: I made order for a pizza today at 1:01am. Tues Feb 13. Pizza took over 1 hour and 5 minutes to arrived. I called twice to customer service and was told my order did not have the 40 minute guaranteed policy. That is ridiculous you guys are basically posting false advertisement which can and will lead to legal action. I called spoke to 2 customer service agent and 1 supervisor and was told that because I chose "call back" there was no time guaranteed. Which I was not informed about. That is absolutely unacceptable . You make a policy and did not follow through with it.
OP I'd say go ahead and sue them. Do your homework and get yourself a solid lawyer. People may laugh at you now but you'll have the last laugh when you get paid!!!!

Good luck!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
8554 posts
2326 upvotes
Mississauga
Hidetoshi520 wrote: I made order for a pizza today at 1:01am. Tues Feb 13. Pizza took over 1 hour and 5 minutes to arrived. I called twice to customer service and was told my order did not have the 40 minute guaranteed policy. That is ridiculous you guys are basically posting false advertisement which can and will lead to legal action. I called spoke to 2 customer service agent and 1 supervisor and was told that because I chose "call back" there was no time guaranteed. Which I was not informed about. That is absolutely unacceptable . You make a policy and did not follow through with it.
Call head office and let them know your concern. Just remember its only pizza.