Dec 3, 2009
5379 posts
800 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 30th, 2009 1:29 pm
pizza pizza?
They're like the mcdonalds of pizza.

You can't expect much besides quick and convenient pizza. Theres one on practically every block in Toronto.
Exactly.

If you want to eat quick lunch and only have $4-5 in change then pizza pizza is a good choice for a slice and maybe a pop. I like that radioactive orange jalapeño cheddar dipping sauce and many locations have the parm cheese shakers and many other hot sauces on some garnish stand.

I don't understand why someone would buy a whole stinking pizza from there and make big orders totaling over $30.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
49 upvotes
stealth wrote:
Dec 30th, 2009 12:51 am
Figures. Only the things they get frozen and drop in the deep fryer for 4 mins then serve. Any idiot can do that.
I agree, their pizza is plain and dull b/c they skimp on toppings. Its basically a little more than a pita that they serve.
Actually they also deep fry the "apple pies".
I know cuz I used to buy them all the time until the store I went to stopped carrying them as a menu item..due to lazyness I'm sure.
the one store tons of times "forgot' about my order..lame.

pizza pizza and most chains are known for being mediocre and cheap.
their onion rings are like mccains or something....

I only get the pizza squares when they havethem sometimes out of convenience.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1748 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Pizza Pizza's panzerotti's are pretty big, at least in some of the stores. Other than that, I wouldn't eat their stuff.

You know what pisses me off about Dominoe's pizza though? Their flyers differ on each location, which is ridiculous. I'm in the delivery zone of one particular one that charges much more than neighboring stores. After arguing with them that they're not supposed to do that, they wouldn't budge. Fine with me, they lost my business and now I just call and pick up pizza from another location that has cheaper prices on their flyers. Talk about messed up policies.

I still like 241 pizza, they offer tandori chicken now, how amazing is that? And it was delicious when I had it last week!
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Aug 26, 2007
260 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
wow I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes Pizza Pizza pizza's.... and McDonald's pizza :P I kind of wished they brought that back!

I guess it's time for me to try other pizza's

I have tried Domino's pizza, and I love eating the thin crust pizza!!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 26, 2008
5135 posts
49 upvotes
bossini wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 12:36 am
wow I guess I'm the only one here that actually likes Pizza Pizza pizza's.... and McDonald's pizza :P I kind of wished they brought that back!

I guess it's time for me to try other pizza's

I have tried Domino's pizza, and I love eating the thin crust pizza!!!
I live 1 block from two different pizza restaurants that are local-so I really don't see why pizza pizza is so popular.

maybe because people as said can expect medicocre pizza and with chain places you always know what crap you get.

I usually getstuff at local restaurants more,

butfor dominos the breasticks w tomato sauce are nice
also the pizza pizza apple pies for $1

I only get pizza pizza if stuck at a bus stop and nothing else is open.
there are 4 other food places in the same plaza and also a loblaws, but holidays they are all usually closed, so if you are hungry and haveto wait a while pizza pizza is the only thing open.

this is in ottawa at emvale plaza though,
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
bossini wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 12:36 am
McDonald's pizza was awesome.
Aug 26, 2007
260 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
angekfire wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 7:57 am
McDonald's pizza was awesome.
i know! I use to order it all the time when i went to mcdonalds! I hope they bring it back some day!
Apr 18, 2009
78 posts
6 upvotes
Fenwick
The last time (ever) I ordered Pizza Pizza, I ordered a Caesar salad with the pizza for delivery, and added the extra bacon offered over the phone. Yum! It showed up with UNCOOKED bacon on top of the salad. I showed the delivery guy and said, "the bacon is RAW", to which he replied, "Yes, raw bacon". I believe the owner and everyone who worked there did not eat bacon for religious reasons, but isn't there some sort of Pizza Pizza training course to alert them to cook their bacon?! We returned the salad with the driver.

When I called for a credit, the call centre (offered just replacing the salad instead of a credit, but because the store clearly did not understand their mistake I asked for credit. The call centre gave me a hard time about it AND when I called to use the credit, it of course was not recorded! Haven't been back since and will not go back I find Pizza Pizza especially bad I believe because the franchise owners cut corners everywhere!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
everyone is soo down on pizza pizza lol...

i personally do NOT like their pizza's that u make with tomato sauce... the pure reason i order from pizza pizza is that i like to mix things up and i get stuff like BBQ sauce underneath instead of tomato sauce or sweet chili thai..or something, but not tomato sauce...

i know most of u wouldnt consider what i get pizza, but i enjoy it and i enjoy it from pizza pizza.. but if i really wanted a nice, italian style slice of pizza, im not going to pizza pizza thats for sure... maybe crupi's since its a 5 min walk from my house :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
grappos13 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2009 11:09 am
everyone is soo down on pizza pizza lol...

i personally do NOT like their pizza's that u make with tomato sauce... the pure reason i order from pizza pizza is that i like to mix things up and i get stuff like BBQ sauce underneath instead of tomato sauce or sweet chili thai..or something, but not tomato sauce...

i know most of u wouldnt consider what i get pizza, but i enjoy it and i enjoy it from pizza pizza.. but if i really wanted a nice, italian style slice of pizza, im not going to pizza pizza thats for sure... maybe crupi's since its a 5 min walk from my house :)
That is the only way I'll eat their garbage. Either garlic parmesan instead of tomato sauce, or BBQ sauce. Even then, I usually prefer a normal "good" pizza from elsewhere though.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2004
3012 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
PizzaPizza, 241 Pizza..all suck

I only buy Pizzaville.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
869 upvotes
Yeah, if I have to eat a pizza pizza pie, i'm picking the BBQ Chicken pizza for sure

Also, bring back McDonalds pizza!