• Oct 25th, 2013 3:12 pm
Deal Addict
May 17, 2013
1775 posts
279 upvotes
CWatson87 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2013 1:46 pm
Prove it.
Why dont you go on a field trip and test it out.

Go give a waiter or waitress a lot of heat. Be as loud and condescending as possible. Complain about the food. Ask for the food to be sent back to the kitchen and redone. Enjoy you new dish.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2013
1775 posts
279 upvotes
SkimGuy wrote:
Oct 21st, 2013 1:14 pm
Is it just me or does it seem like the human thing to do would not to spit in a person's food when it's your job to properly prepare it? Just because it gets sent back doesn't give you the grounds to be an @$$ to the customer. I know I would never do something like that because I like to think there are decent human beings in the world.
I would not either. But some people are like that.

I know people who have worked jobs in college in the restaurant business and they tell you stories you wouldnt believe.

This stuff happens. Only naive people think the world is perfect and everybody is good.

If this is a hotel or a 3 Michelin star restaurant then no that won't happen. But any other place. A local bar. Fast food burger joints. Pizza places. Don't count on it. If I get a crappy deal in less than prestigious or high end places, I take the loss and never go back. This is how I deal with it. You will not find me complaining back to the waitress or the pizza delivery guy cause I dont want to deal with what they may or may not do to my food as retaliation.
Aug 12, 2012
701 posts
197 upvotes
Richmond Hill
There's a Pizza Pizza right down the street from me but I would much rather drive the extra 5-10 minutes to hit the local Dominos, Pizzaville, Pizza Hut, local pizza joints, hell I'll even go to Little Caesar's before I visit a Pizza Pizza.

Pizza Pizza was the go-to place for drunken eats after the bar at 3am because they were the only place open that late. Now I just keep some Delissio's or Dr Oetker's in the freezer for those late night feasts.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13904 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
Here's an interesting observation:
Go to Pizza Pizza @ Bathurst & Bloor and order a pizza.
Go to Pizza Pizza @ Bloor & Spadina and order a pizza.
Two very different pizzas.
How Pizza Pizza allows at least one of these two to keep the Pizza Pizza name is well beyond me.
(the Spadina location is a lot better than the Bathurst location)

Long story short, before commenting on Pizza Pizza, make due note that not all locations are the same.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
629 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 6:19 pm
Here's an interesting observation:
Go to Pizza Pizza @ Bathurst & Bloor and order a pizza.
Go to Pizza Pizza @ Bloor & Spadina and order a pizza.
Two very different pizzas.
How Pizza Pizza allows at least one of these two to keep the Pizza Pizza name is well beyond me.
(the Spadina location is a lot better than the Bathurst location)

Long story short, before commenting on Pizza Pizza, make due note that not all locations are the same.
I once got a slice from the Bathurst/Bloor location that had some kind of black waxy paper stuck to the bottom.
Needless to say, I never returned.

Also, the Church/Wellesley location is pretty liberal with the pepperoni whenever I get the walk-in special.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7190 posts
2535 upvotes
Pizza pizza is terrible, low quality pizza. I think pizzaola is worth the extra few dollars. Actually, Toronto pizza is kinda crappy in general. Now Montreal pizza? YUM!!!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15801 posts
685 upvotes
Stouffville
the only pizza pizza pizza i can stand is if i order one with sweet chili thai as the underneath sauce and get it with chicken, sundried tomato and brocolli or something like that... or a pizza with the creamy garlic sauce as the base with steak...their regular pizzas with pepperoni are just plain nasty...

the best thing ever from pizza pizza was their cinnamon donut holes they had back in the day (early 2000s) when timbits became all the crazy.. 20 fresh, right out of the deep frier, sprinkled with cinnamon for only $2-3... was flipping amazing BRO!!!!!!!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13904 posts
2441 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:19 pm
Pizza pizza is terrible, low quality pizza. I think pizzaola is worth the extra few dollars. Actually, Toronto pizza is kinda crappy in general. Now Montreal pizza? YUM!!!
If you're referring to the Pizzaola @ Spadina and bloor (near there), it's awful and I will not be back. Crust is too doughy, and toppings are cut back.
To be fair, there may be another location I should check out. They are a bit expensive though. $5.30 plus tax for a pizza slice and a can of pop?
If it were a bottle, that would make better sense. Pizzaville offers a slice and bottle of pop for $4.99 (prices vary from location)

For a limited time only, you can get a whole medium Pepperoni Pizza from Pizza Pizza for only $4.99!
Nov 15, 2006
900 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2013 9:19 pm
Clearly you have never been to North of Brooklyn at Queen & Palmerston. Go ahead now .... I'll wait here for your apology for painting a city of 3 million all under the same brush.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7190 posts
2535 upvotes
scagneti wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 11:23 am
Clearly you have never been to North of Brooklyn at Queen & Palmerston. Go ahead now .... I'll wait here for your apology for painting a city of 3 million all under the same brush.
Of course there are some good pizza places but the chains here are crap.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7190 posts
2535 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 11:04 am
If you're referring to the Pizzaola @ Spadina and bloor (near there), it's awful and I will not be back. Crust is too doughy, and toppings are cut back.
To be fair, there may be another location I should check out. They are a bit expensive though. $5.30 plus tax for a pizza slice and a can of pop?
If it were a bottle, that would make better sense. Pizzaville offers a slice and bottle of pop for $4.99 (prices vary from location)

For a limited time only, you can get a whole medium Pepperoni Pizza from Pizza Pizza for only $4.99!
Pizzaola is superior to Pizza pizza. Better ingredients, better taste. I haven't been to the one you're talking about. There are going to be duds from time to time.

If you're into burnt crust that taste like cardboard then you'll like pizza pizza.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17804 posts
869 upvotes
For chains I like PizzaVille, get it thin crust + well done and you will not be disappointed.. Pizza Pizza is notoriously bad, but also notoriously cheap..
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
6262 posts
1781 upvotes
Not a fan of Pizza Pizza. Little Caesars is where it's at. Never tried Pizzaville before.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
Pizza Pizza varies location to location, wish they were consistent. This I will agree with, almost always I will ask for a well done pizza.
Jun 21, 2005
207 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga
wolverine07 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 4:26 pm
Pizza Pizza varies location to location, wish they were consistent. This I will agree with, almost always I will ask for a well done pizza.
Can you explain this please? Why does "well done" make a Pizza Pizza pie better? They are usually quite crisp no matter where the location.