• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2013 3:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7196 posts
2540 upvotes
wolverine07 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 4:26 pm
Pizza Pizza varies location to location, wish they were consistent. This I will agree with, almost always I will ask for a well done pizza.
Not really. They're a chain so they use the same things. Their peperoni tastes the same. Their sauce does too. So does virtually everything else. I guess the only variation is how it's cooked.
Jun 21, 2005
207 posts
43 upvotes
Mississauga
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 5:08 pm
Not really. They're a chain so they use the same things. Their peperoni tastes the same. Their sauce does too. So does virtually everything else. I guess the only variation is how it's cooked.
You would be surprised at how much they can vary. I've had slices from Mississauga locations with giant crusts, giant air bubbles (disgusting) and TONS of oil. Other locations will be perfect (but still ***** , since it's pizza pizza).
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2920 posts
76 upvotes
East York
Me and my buddies have switched from Pizza Pizza to Pizza Nova when we have "stay in" guys nights at one of our condos.....

I love pizza nova....tastes amazing in my opinion....Pizza pizza is okay....
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
DDC wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 4:30 pm
Can you explain this please? Why does "well done" make a Pizza Pizza pie better? They are usually quite crisp no matter where the location.
I ask for well done because sometimes the pizza is undercooked and the dough is not cooked inside, it will saves you from an upset stomach. Better play it safe is my motto.
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 5:08 pm
In theory yes, franchise products should taste the same. But I live near 2 pizza pizza's one tastes better.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7196 posts
2540 upvotes
DDC wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 5:17 pm
You would be surprised at how much they can vary. I've had slices from Mississauga locations with giant crusts, giant air bubbles (disgusting) and TONS of oil. Other locations will be perfect (but still ***** , since it's pizza pizza).
I don't doubt you, but the pizza is pretty much the same..it varies a bit from location to location but not that much.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7196 posts
2540 upvotes
wolverine07 wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 7:55 pm

In theory yes, franchise products should taste the same. But I live near 2 pizza pizza's one tastes better.
I'm sure they both taste similar. Pizza Pizza peperoni is unlike any other pizza place. Sauce too. Crust as well. Every chain has their own distinct taste. Pizza Pizza has its own distinct taste.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
DDC wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 5:17 pm
why are 'air bubbles' disgusting?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
2419 posts
213 upvotes
Brampton
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2013 12:49 am
I'm sure they both taste similar. Pizza Pizza peperoni is unlike any other pizza place. Sauce too. Crust as well. Every chain has their own distinct taste. Pizza Pizza has its own distinct taste.
The distinct taste of pizza flavoured cardboard.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2007
3416 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
JayLove06 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2013 12:49 am
Franchises are supposed to be uniform, but how many times have we been to say a KFC store and the chicken tastes better at one location. I'll point to an example, the one at Lawrence Plaza and the one on Avenue Rd and Lawrence. You can taste the difference, Avenue rd much better. Then there are certain Tim's stores the product quality is different, I think we all have our favorite Tim's stores, it may just because some are busier and you get a fresher product. I can point to a locaton on Airport rd and Steeles that I go to because the Bagel maker spreads the cream cheese more ilberally that it covers the hole. I like this, and go back.

The Pizza Pizza at John Garland and Martin Grove rd doesn't compare with location at Kipling and Rexdale. Kipling location bigger, and much busier, better product.

I agree ingredients are the same, this is why they are franchises. But not all franchise locations are made equal. Try any of these locations I mentioned. Would welcome what you think after trying them. Cheers.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 29, 2008
7196 posts
2540 upvotes
toeknee89 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2013 1:11 am
The distinct taste of pizza flavoured cardboard.
I agree. It's downright terrible, but some people seem to like it.