Expired Hot Deals

[Pizza Pizza] March 14. $3.14 small Pizza Pizza

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 1:27 am
Newbie
Mar 12, 2012
59 posts
40 upvotes
Ordered this online (saw the email not the tweet, where the minimum pick up was a little less noticeable) and order total was $3.55. Emailed receipt had an added surcharge, which I only noticed after I picked up the pizza and the lady told me the actual bill. Definitely annoyed that the website did not mention the charge, I would have added something else -.-
[OP]
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 16, 2002
21136 posts
23352 upvotes
Toronto
qiao wrote: Same here, It shows $3.55 to pay, I paid it online. No any complain, the order completed. But when you try to pick it up, they want $2 more. Pizza Pizza is cheating people, playing people...
yeah. people , including myself, were grumbling about it to staff at Jarvis/Front in Toronto. seems like a move straight out of Ticketmaster's playbook . convenience charge, lol. not a good look for PIzza Pizza.
Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
10869 posts
5980 upvotes
Markham
sprung wrote: yeah. people , including myself, were grumbling about it to staff at Jarvis/Front in Toronto. seems like a move straight out of Ticketmaster's playbook . convenience charge, lol. not a good look for PIzza Pizza.
They're going to have a PR nightmare on this. Post to Instagram, twitter, Yelp etc. Call their HO and complain. Anyone know Pat Foran? Why in the world would they have a pickup minimum.

I'm using Timmies and McD's mobile apps and no such thing on there.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Member
Sep 9, 2005
224 posts
20 upvotes
How can Pizza Pizza do business like this?!! If you want to charge me minimum charge, no problem, you can charge it in my online payment totally and let me realize it. Why do they get my money from the dark?!
Sr. Member
Mar 15, 2011
560 posts
407 upvotes
Waterloo
I've had the minimum fee surcharge BS happen to me during their past Visa Checkout promo.
Promo was spend $10 and pay with visa checkout and get a free garlic bread.
So I order my pizza and got the code for the free garlic bread, went to place a new order with just the code, everything looked fine, total was shown as $0.00
Got the email receipt which came to $4.99 cause of the minimum surcharge.
Called up PizzaPizza and got a very unpleasant lady saying pretty much that I couldn't use their website properly since that total would have shown the minimum fee
before the order was placed. Got in a bit of a heated argument, with myself saying it clearly did not show to charge on the website and lady saying I'm lying.
So I then tell her, there was nothing in the terms and conditions of this promo saying that I needed to spend more for the free garlic bread.
Eventually, she adjusted the price back to $0.00...

Can't believe that they still haven't fixed this issue on their website.

As a side: the lady on the phone even questioned why I just didn't use the free bread coupon with my original order... UM.. could it be because I have to place an order before I get the claim code...
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17998 posts
5984 upvotes
Toronto
Better deal than a slice for $3.14
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
1783 posts
978 upvotes
Delicious. Just got 3 doritos with the pizza for $5.80 all-in.
Member
Dec 28, 2009
241 posts
75 upvotes
Eighty people lined up at my local PI CO......zero line up at Pizza Pizza. Not a comment on the quality....just the deal itself.
Last edited by Ninja15 on Mar 14th, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Jun 26, 2015
15 posts
9 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Crenz wrote: Ordered this online (saw the email not the tweet, where the minimum pick up was a little less noticeable) and order total was $3.55. Emailed receipt had an added surcharge, which I only noticed after I picked up the pizza and the lady told me the actual bill. Definitely annoyed that the website did not mention the charge, I would have added something else -.-
Parliament location kindly made the adjustment after I bought a pop and dip, but the poor guy had to queue in hold with customer service to report the bill change. My fix at the register = 3.14 seconds. The wait on the phone with CS = 3.14 minutes
Newbie
Mar 12, 2012
59 posts
40 upvotes
cabbagetown wrote: Parliament location kindly made the adjustment after I bought a pop and dip, but the poor guy had to queue in hold with customer service to report the bill change. My fix at the register = 3.14 seconds. The wait on the phone with CS = 3.14 minutes
Ya, my local Pizza Pizza was pretty busy, so I figured I'd just email their customer support + did the feedback survey, so I am hoping they sort it out there. I think it may have been a bug, I went to try to recreate the order and now it says the order cannot be placed due to being below the minimum (which it doesn't actually tell you what it is). Still, overall a pretty crap deal -.-
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 27, 2005
1783 posts
978 upvotes
Ninja15 wrote: Eighty people lined up at my local PI CO......zero line up at Pizza Pizza. Not a comment on the quality....just the deal itself.
I wish there was one close by and I would be there as well. There is like 20 pizza pizzas closer to me than Yonge and Eglinton.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2006
2054 posts
199 upvotes
OTTAWA, Canada
Even with being able to order multiple at this price, it's just not worth the 4km drive for me.....
Sr. Member
Sep 18, 2008
598 posts
160 upvotes
Got the small pizza with pepperoni and 3 creamy garlic sauce. Came out to $6.24 satisfied but damn the small pizza is like a personal size now didn't realize how small it was but for $3.14 can't complain. Thanks OP!
Member
May 25, 2015
201 posts
189 upvotes
London, ON
Would future order work here?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
4463 posts
2998 upvotes
Toronto and London
First time I had pizza pizza in a while and it's true, not good but decent for this price.

The free toppings help.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)