• May 7th, 2020 12:49 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21273 posts
23658 upvotes
Toronto

[Pizza Pizza] May 6 - Free Pizza Pizza delivery on orders $15 or more

Things changed now that I’m a father, I can’t live my life a quarter mile at a time anymore.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1435 posts
4919 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
Free delivery on cardboard should be standard.
What's in your wallet?
May 11, 2018
43 posts
26 upvotes
k7k5t8
Ordering a 16 dollar special pizza, add coupon tells me i need to add more to the subtotal pizza is 16 dollars delivery is 3.75 total is 19.75 before tax still over 16 with free delivery but the coupon is taking the discount off the pizza and not the delivery
Jan 29, 2018
45 posts
98 upvotes
I would love to pinpoint when the delivery fee became a thing. It's literally a pizza places job to deliver pizza and at some point they just sort of snuck in a charge. It's like a restaurant charging you for the waitress to bring the food to your table. That's what their job is and that's what we tip them for. You want to charge me $3.75 to do something they were doing for free before? I very rarely ever order pizza anymore. With the $3.75 deliver fee and a $4-5 tip (depending how much you order) it really bumps up the price.

On a side note, how much do you tip for delivery? When you go to a restaurant the wait staff makes many trips back and forth to the table the more food and drinks are ordered. So you spend 40$ you tip $6 but on $100 you tip $15 because of the extra work they do. What about a pizza delivery. For the most part the delivery driver is doing the same amount of work if I order 1 pizza or I order 5 pizzas. Do you really need to tip the driver 15% on a 100$ order when all he/she is doing is walking up your driveway once?
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2002 posts
1266 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
RinardoEvoris wrote: I would love to pinpoint when the delivery fee became a thing. It's literally a pizza places job to deliver pizza and at some point they just sort of snuck in a charge. It's like a restaurant charging you for the waitress to bring the food to your table. That's what their job is and that's what we tip them for. You want to charge me $3.75 to do something they were doing for free before? I very rarely ever order pizza anymore. With the $3.75 deliver fee and a $4-5 tip (depending how much you order) it really bumps up the price.

On a side note, how much do you tip for delivery? When you go to a restaurant the wait staff makes many trips back and forth to the table the more food and drinks are ordered. So you spend 40$ you tip $6 but on $100 you tip $15 because of the extra work they do. What about a pizza delivery. For the most part the delivery driver is doing the same amount of work if I order 1 pizza or I order 5 pizzas. Do you really need to tip the driver 15% on a 100$ order when all he/she is doing is walking up your driveway once?
They waste gas to drive to your house, not to mention wear and tear on their car. Personally I think they should not only charge to deliver, but charge based on how many kms away you live.

When did delivery used to be free? I don't remember it ever being free.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12518 posts
3390 upvotes
Scarberia
can u stack codes or only one per order? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1435 posts
4919 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
BeapChastard wrote: They waste gas to drive to your house, not to mention wear and tear on their car. Personally I think they should not only charge to deliver, but charge based on how many kms away you live.

When did delivery used to be free? I don't remember it ever being free.
I remember it being free everywhere. Mind u this is going back a while but yes it was free. I agree that it should be free all the time.
What's in your wallet?