Places for a birthday party for a 2 year old

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2018 1:43 pm
[OP]
Oct 12, 2016
948 posts
273 upvotes

Places for a birthday party for a 2 year old

We are hoping for suggestions for a good place to keep birthday party for a 2 year old boy?

location SCARBOROUGH,not necessary.
18 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1568 posts
199 upvotes
Markham, ON
No party until older.
Sep 14, 2017
139 posts
65 upvotes
How about one of those indoor playgrounds, such as http://kidsfuncity.ca
Most of them have a toddler section. The best is you go there ahead of time and ask to see what they have to offer/a tour. That way you know, if it is appropriate for your child.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5712 posts
1886 upvotes
Space
Chuck E. Cheese? 2 years old is very young. I believe we just went to a restaurant with family.
Dec 15, 2015
692 posts
504 upvotes
Toronto
Niagara Regions there's something called Zippy Zoom, I'm sure your area would have something similar around here. Alas quick google search shows there is: planetfun, giggles indoor playland, just for fun party and play centre. There's even lists devoted to this with a quick google search..

My sis just does a party at the house, pizza, wings, little guys invite all their friends from day car. It's fun and inexpensive.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1167 posts
548 upvotes
TORONTO
How many people are you looking to have? There are quite a few venues in Scarborough but you gotta check asap as some prime days like Saturday are usually booked way in advanced.

Here's a list from the City of Toronto's website: https://www.toronto.ca/data/parks/prd/f ... index.html

We had my sons 1st bday at a gymnasium in Pickering. It was affordable at like $400+ from 3-8pm. We had a huge party(200+ guests) hence we needed the gymnasium. We had to do it on a Sunday as we booked about 2 weeks prior to the party. If we had booked earlier we would have had more options.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22147 posts
25995 upvotes
Toronto
Poppwl wrote: No party until older.
seriously , the kid is only 2. Won't remember any of it. save $ and do better party when older
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Feb 1, 2006
642 posts
87 upvotes
100% indoor playground.

Did it at 2 and 3 years. Been to so many this past year and everyone at this age is doing it in a play based environment.

Good ones are if you have the place to yourself... with a toddler zone. Parents can relax somewhat.

:)
~snow white~
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1041 posts
1204 upvotes
sprung wrote: seriously , the kid is only 2. Won't remember any of it. save $ and do better party when older
Do you recommend Swiss Chalet for a child's birthday then ?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22147 posts
25995 upvotes
Toronto
Bebo123 wrote: Do you recommend Swiss Chalet for a child's birthday then ?
oh heck ya. free for kids on their birthday and they get a full meal! full quarter chicken w/side , drink dessert. great value
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21190 posts
10652 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
lol
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
May 21, 2012
270 posts
205 upvotes
Burlington
I don't know about Scarborough, but our local Early Years Centre was available for rent. It was very reasonably priced and ideal for 2 year olds.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
akswun wrote: How many people are you looking to have? There are quite a few venues in Scarborough but you gotta check asap as some prime days like Saturday are usually booked way in advanced.

Here's a list from the City of Toronto's website: https://www.toronto.ca/data/parks/prd/f ... index.html

We had my sons 1st bday at a gymnasium in Pickering. It was affordable at like $400+ from 3-8pm. We had a huge party(200+ guests) hence we needed the gymnasium. We had to do it on a Sunday as we booked about 2 weeks prior to the party. If we had booked earlier we would have had more options.
I'm dying to know. Why such a huge party for a one-year old's birthday party? Is it specific to your culture or do you just like big parties :)
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3847 upvotes
sprung wrote: seriously , the kid is only 2. Won't remember any of it. save $ and do better party when older
Poppwl wrote: No party until older.
This
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1167 posts
548 upvotes
TORONTO
wirebound wrote: I'm dying to know. Why such a huge party for a one-year old's birthday party? Is it specific to your culture or do you just like big parties :)
Without going too deep into our situation. It's a bit of culture and a bit of complication. My son is technically my nephew. My sister cannot take care of him. We are in the process of adopting him, currently doing kinship via CAS. He's been in our care for around 5-6months now.

The big party was to welcome him to our family and friends. My wife has a huge family. We have many friends. Hence 200+ people. Because the situation is complicated it was good venue for us to introduce him to our fam and friends without going into deep explanations as to why we all of a sudden have a baby. Aside from that, yes our culture tends to celebrate when possible, the bigger the better! That and my MIL caters food, so that was an expense we didn't have to worry about.
Banned
Jun 8, 2008
3977 posts
1415 upvotes
Toronto
akswun wrote: Without going too deep into our situation. It's a bit of culture and a bit of complication. My son is technically my nephew. My sister cannot take care of him. We are in the process of adopting him, currently doing kinship via CAS. He's been in our care for around 5-6months now.

The big party was to welcome him to our family and friends. My wife has a huge family. We have many friends. Hence 200+ people. Because the situation is complicated it was good venue for us to introduce him to our fam and friends without going into deep explanations as to why we all of a sudden have a baby. Aside from that, yes our culture tends to celebrate when possible, the bigger the better! That and my MIL caters food, so that was an expense we didn't have to worry about.
I love it :) Congratulations on your expanded family :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6931 posts
6454 upvotes
Toronto
Their party room has a TV where the kids will be entertained by the rotisserie channel, watching spinning chickens getting roasted 24/7
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝