Students

Places to eat around uwo - fanshaw

[OP]
Nov 27, 2004
82 posts
21 upvotes

Places to eat around uwo - fanshaw

just wondering about good places to get something to eat around london, either cheap or good, maybe even both... close to western, fanshaw where ever
2 replies
Jul 15, 2005
855 posts
10 upvotes
Here are some good restaurants in London (I try to get away from the chain restaurants):

Wondersushi - near Wonderland and Sarnia - all you can eat sushi which is $15 for lunch, $20 for dinner (dinner has sashimi). You get a discount if you pay by cash. I recommend the beef tenderloin, BBQ eel, something veal and something eggplant in addition to the sushi/sashimi.

On the Forks - in the London Museum - it is a fairly ritzy place for dinner but if you go for the lunch the prices aren't bad at all ($10-15) and you get a marvelous meal.

Viet-Nam - on Dundas across from the Kellogg's factory (around Quebec St) - great vietnamese food, cheap and big eats and an owner who will help you if you have questions (he likes to show people how to eat springrolls "correctly"). Great place! YUM!

Barakat - downtown near Richmond and Albert. Very good shawarmas (cheap too).

Caffe Demetre's, Garlic's and Waldo's on King are closer to the university (they are all downtown) - never been a fan of Caffe Demetre's (my friends like it though). However, all are overpriced.
Jul 13, 2005
742 posts
Toronto
u've gotta know that the sashimi they offer @Wondersushi is half the size as those at the other restaurants!! Rip off!! well, they are AYCE anyways so...