Places to store a cargo trailer?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 7:41 pm
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
20 posts
1 upvote

Places to store a cargo trailer?

I've come seeking advice yet again because I find myself in these stupid scenarios all the time :\

Does anyone know of a place in London, Ontario where I can possibly rent a space to store a 7x18' trailer?

I live in an apartment building and I've just discovered that I'm not allowed to have a trailer......however, I've already purchased one because I need it to store my landscaping equipment and some other stuff from a house I'm selling.

I need to find somewhere I can park the trailer, basically on a permanent basis.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18394 posts
2787 upvotes
Langley
You can rent a drive-up storage locker and park it inside there. If the contents are valuable, this is the most secure.

There's also lots of places, including storage locker locations, that will store trailers. Many of them are marketed towards RVs and boats. You'll get the best value from someone with property a little out of town that rents mostly to RVers. Check local ads on Kijiji and Craigslist.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
20 posts
1 upvote
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to store a trailer that's 22 feet long total, inside of a storage locker....and if I was going to do that then I could rent a significantly smaller locker for cheaper to store the items that would be in the trailer.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5776 posts
2905 upvotes
Mississauga
Whenever I go to Windsor, I pass by a U-Haul place on the north side of the 401 between Wellington and Highbury and I've seen larger trailers parked there. I presume it's people renting space to store their trailers.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
15648 posts
4718 upvotes
London
i6s1 wrote: You can rent a drive-up storage locker and park it inside there. If the contents are valuable, this is the most secure.

There's also lots of places, including storage locker locations, that will store trailers. Many of them are marketed towards RVs and boats. You'll get the best value from someone with property a little out of town that rents mostly to RVers. Check local ads on Kijiji and Craigslist.
+1, there are self storage places with outside parking for large vehicles like motor homes, trucks and trailers. They might not be that cheap vs Joe Farmer, but they have some form of security (on-site, or video) and 24hr gated access

https://www.storage-mart.com/london-ontario

Parking Storage Units
18 - 38 ft deep
Personal Use Cars, RVs, boats
Park cars, RVs, boats, trailers and more.

Company trucks, vans Business Use
Rent parking for trucks, vans and company vehicles.

https://www.migsonstorage.com/london-storage.php

Migson Public Storage has provided self-storage in London, Ontario area for over 30 years! We offer both residential and commercial self storage solutions to our customers including Car, RV, Truck and Boat storage services. Our fully secured and gated self storage facility is a 5 minute drive from Western University, and conveniently located on Sarnia Road just east of Hyde Park Rd.
[OP]
Jun 11, 2019
20 posts
1 upvote
ya I get the feeling I'm going to end up trying to sell the trailer the day I receive it, selling off all m landscaping gear and trying to pack my belongings into my tiny apartment.
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1710 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
I've known a couple tradespeople who parked their trailers, dump trucks and other assorted large machinery on privately owned land. Usually it was a business or more often a factory that had ample outside space and parking. A real estate agent could help you find a landlord willing to rent parking or storage space.