Tags:
[OP]
May 4, 2020
324 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On

placing a hock in concrete ceiling

Hi
I have bathroom in the basement under the front porch. I removed all the drywalls and what is left is just the concrete ceiling and the concrete walls. I want to place a hook in the ceiling (see the picture of the hook please) so I can hold the bathroom curtain. What is the best idea to do so? Do I need special screws? I am afraid of using screws because I am afraid the would damage the ceiling or create a crack etc and you can see the ceiling has some cracks and holes already. I have also seen in home depot that they sell special material (i think mix of cements and others) that would hold metal or plug etc in a concrete. I painted the ceiling and the wall using oil-based paint. Any idea would be very much appreciate it. Thank you so much. Pleas see attached phots
Images
  • IMG-20200729-00702.jpg
  • IMG-20200729-00705.jpg
  • IMG-20200729-00700.jpg
  • IMG-20200729-00701.jpg
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1455 posts
222 upvotes
How about using a tension rod for shower curtains? They just spring into place with no drilling required.
Sep 19, 2014
490 posts
255 upvotes
Markham, ON
so how's life in the gulag?
[OP]
May 4, 2020
324 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
the one wrote: How about using a tension rod for shower curtains? They just spring into place with no drilling required.
wow great idea. Do you recommend any. I am going to google and find out but if you recommend any I would appreciate the help and thank you so much again for this great help.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
19460 posts
22591 upvotes
GTA
That is definitely not to code. At least seal those holes with some caulking. Probably some chipmunks living in there.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Mar 10, 2004
819 posts
305 upvotes
engineered wrote: That is definitely not to code. At least seal those holes with some caulking. Probably some chipmunks living in there.8
True. Hopefully the op has additional plans for the shower.
Last edited by tempperm on Jul 29th, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
324 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
engineered wrote: That is definitely not to code. At least seal those holes with some caulking. Probably some chipmunks living in there.
Yes I agree. Will do. Thank you very much.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
324 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
tempperm wrote: The giveaway is that there s no insulation. But we are digressing from the question being posed.
Thank you. I hear you but please lets focus on the solution of this. thank you.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1937 posts
1183 upvotes
lwlwlwlw wrote: Thank you. I hear you but please lets focus on the solution of this. thank you.
Similar to your other thread... (I hope you got the shoddy electrical taken care of...) People here are trying to point out potential issues. Not because we're trying to be ass'es about it, but in hopes that you don't make another post in the winter "my basement shower is mouldy" "my basement shower pipe exploded" "got shocked while showering". I hope you take the feedback as constructive.
[OP]
May 4, 2020
324 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto, On
bizzyseller wrote: Similar to your other thread... (I hope you got the shoddy electrical taken care of...) People here are trying to point out potential issues. Not because we're trying to be ass'es about it, but in hopes that you don't make another post in the winter "my basement shower is mouldy" "my basement shower pipe exploded" "got shocked while showering". I hope you take the feedback as constructive.
I do actually and I am very grateful for all help and even the criticisms. I will do all the above step by step. It is small place and no one want to take the job so I decided to do it myself and ask for help and thanks again for all your help.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
4618 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
The only reason I can imagine this shower exists is for an illegal rental. This is the sort of thing that gives landlords a bad name. How many international students are crammed into that basement?

I'm making wild, general assumptions. I hope I'm wrong, but unless you're washing a dog in that 'shower' it shouldn't exist.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
lol
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke